Author Topic: Market Garden Produce Stand Honor system  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Re: Market Garden Produce Stand Honor system
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2022, 02:09:26 AM »
"barter" system  :bolt:  :rofl

(Image removed from quote.)
I like this! I'm more of a Shrek though. Fat, ugly, stupid and incredibly friendly.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2022, 04:44:51 AM »
big difference between protecting livestock from dogs and tomatoes from a thief.

semp

There is the problem right there.

The liberal

Theft is theft

If you stole 60 years ago you were shunned

Now there is always a excuse

If you steal in China or India you get retribution

Maybe because they have self respect for the law
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2022, 05:16:39 AM »
In Texas you are allowed to shoot someone to protect your property in the following circumstances -

Under Penal Code 9.42, deadly force may be used to protect land or property when a person reasonably believes that deadly force is immediately necessary to:

prevent arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft at night, or criminal mischief during nighttime;
prevent someone fleeing with property after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime.
However, the person must also be able to show that he reasonably believed that the land or property could not be protected or recovered by any other means or that the use of non-deadly force would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

So if the OP lived in Texas and this lady was stealing his products and it was after dark, he could most likely legally shoot and kill her.

Would I do that? No way.
The only time I'd shoot someone is if I didn't have any other options to protect myself or someone else - and then I would not like that I had to do it.

If I were the OP, I'd try to find out why that lady was stealing. That may sound dumb, but I would tell her if she really needed the food that I would have a box for her when she needed it. You never know why someone might be stealing food. I know it's not acceptable to steal, but for me personally, I'd first approach her and try to be compassionate. If she's just a thief and an idiot, I'd be putting her photo up and I'd get her arrested the next time she came onto my property.

Shooting her window with a BB gun is not a smart move - just because now it comes back on you. Not worth it.

The whole idea with after dark is that you can't see if the turd is armed or not. You have to assume they are. You also can't tell what else they took other than what you saw.

There are those who do nothing and the criminal gets imbolden. If they were the only ones that were victims of crimes, that would be fine. The problem is only when innocent folks become victims.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2022, 07:14:28 AM »
Zack hit the nail on the head..theft is theft

But somehow there are acceptable degrees of it..to many

From stealing software and songs to using your parents and friends streaming account

Any theft creates negative karma which results in a less than good time in the future..

Sad some think its ok..even heard its considered a form of retributions by some for some..we owe them something for what happened 200 years ago...crooks of all shapes sizes and colors..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2022, 07:35:50 AM »
Zack hit the nail on the head..theft is theft

But somehow there are acceptable degrees of it..to many

From stealing software and songs to using your parents and friends streaming account

Any theft creates negative karma which results in a less than good time in the future..

Sad some think its ok..even heard its considered a form of retributions by some for some..we owe them something for what happened 200 years ago...crooks of all shapes sizes and colors..

Eagler

And some think of retribution for what happened a couple of years ago.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2022, 07:52:15 AM »
And some think of retribution for what happened a couple of years ago.

Yes some of the floyd rioters are quoted stating their looting is payback from slavery and businesses should be ok with it as insurance will cover it...

Crazy arse thinking ...

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2022, 07:55:56 AM »
Yes some of the floyd rioters are quoted stating their looting is payback from slavery and businesses should be ok with it as insurance will cover it...

Crazy arse thinking ...

Eagler

That logic boggles the mind but would be minor compared to what could happen in a couple of years.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2022, 08:37:01 AM »
As state DA's pledge not to charge certain crimes or politicians bailing out criminals to go and produce additional crimes what does one think will happen with crimes like theft? (WTG Florida!)

Videos on yt show some very ballsy crimes mainly in CA that would get ones head blown off if tried anywhere around here

Eagler

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2022, 01:29:59 PM »
As state DA's pledge not to charge certain crimes or politicians bailing out criminals to go and produce additional crimes what does one think will happen with crimes like theft? (WTG Florida!)

Videos on yt show some very ballsy crimes mainly in CA that would get ones head blown off if tried anywhere around here

Eagler

you mean like the 3 guys that in the south the Sheriff refused to charge and now have I believe life sentences in state and federal court?

be for real, crime happens in every state.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2022, 03:02:48 PM »
you mean like the 3 guys that in the south the Sheriff refused to charge and now have I believe life sentences in state and federal court?

be for real, crime happens in every state.

semp

Can someone decipher this, please?

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2022, 03:17:07 PM »
Blah blah blah...

Semp  :rock
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2022, 03:25:57 PM »
Can someone decipher this, please?

dude if you gonna insult or question facts, do it in style or at least a funny way.

not,  well you have a bad hair day.

semp

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2022, 03:49:35 PM »
dude if you gonna insult or question facts, do it in style or at least a funny way.

not,  well you have a bad hair day.

semp
Semp, face it. It's clear you are a clueless skewed alt leftist.. you are nearly as dumb as far right hillbilly. Maybe just quit blabbering.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2022, 03:54:19 PM »
Peanuts hath spoken.  :)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2022, 04:09:03 PM »
Semp, face it. It's clear you are a clueless skewed alt leftist.. you are nearly as dumb as far right hillbilly. Maybe just quit blabbering.

how exactly am I clueless. the fact that I laugh when people say stupid crap. like if you go to this place you'll get shot, here we have blocks that I don't even dare drive thru.

you guys always whining about california but ignore the fact that in your own state some crimes also don't get prosecuted and there just as many crimes beginning with Texas. and all thru the south.

every state blue or red has crimes. and sadly some don't get prosecuted.

semp