Author Topic: Electric Vehicles?  (Read 5495 times)

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
Re: Electric Vehicles?
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2022, 07:33:16 AM »
People confuse critical with anti when it comes to E-vehicles. For now, they have a limited best use case.  I expect that to expand when battery, electric production/distribution, and recharging tech improves.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:42:06 AM by knorB »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2022, 09:41:10 AM »
All vehicles are just vehicles. It is just how comfortable you want to be driving or hauling from point A to point B.

Someone above said something about going to the store.... you still do that?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2022, 10:31:11 AM »
Er you missed "not"

Some/many put their egos in their cars or trucks..

As I drive a 2013 4 cylinder Tacoma I am not in that crowd :)

Eagler

Yes I did!

I drive a 15 yo CRV,it doesn’t quite have 100k miles on it and runs like a champ. Even though I live in the rust belt you won’t find a lick of rust on it and I usually have it detailed twice a year,used to do that myself but it’s just easier to pay someone for it these days.

I was going to get a PHEV but they’ve jacked the prices up on those types to where it’s just not worth it,as an example a RAV4 PHEV cost more than a Lexus NX class,that’s just crazy.MSRP up here for the RAV is about 60k,they are asking mid 70’s and the wait times are close to 6 months.

I do plan on getting a new to me vehicle,won’t buy a NEW car as that just throwing money away and there’s plenty of off lease vehicles/never sold used that are between 2 and 4 yo.  That said I have other fish to fry atm.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2022, 10:49:56 AM »
All vehicles are just vehicles. It is just how comfortable you want to be driving or hauling from point A to point B.

Someone above said something about going to the store.... you still do that?

I do, perfect excuse to jump into my 99 Mustang and go for a ride!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2022, 10:55:10 AM »
My old truck, which I still have, has over 225K on it. A 2005 chevy 2500HD crewcab diesel. My new truck, which I may drive till I am gone, is a GMC 22 2500HD diesel Denali. I drive vehicles for quite a long time.

All anyone needs is whatever does the work they require. Many city folks do not even own a vehicle.

Eagler.... you describe your ride as if it is just so so.... but I guarantee you there are people out there who envy you because you have a truck. It is what it is.

If I have a BBQ at my home, I don't care what you pull up in, as long as it is not on fire.

:rofl   :aok
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:58:59 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2022, 03:09:45 PM »
My old truck, which I still have, has over 225K on it. A 2005 chevy 2500HD crewcab diesel. My new truck, which I may drive till I am gone, is a GMC 22 2500HD diesel Denali. I drive vehicles for quite a long time.

I'm the same what comes to use vehicles bit longer. Mine is 2004 Jeep Liberty (Cherokee here in Europe) w/ 2.8 CRD. Just 166K in odometer. Chiptune, 2 inch lift kit (H&R springs), bigger wheels and tires, free flow sport exhaust. Runs perfectly and not planning to give it up. Same with bike, 2002 Yamaha Fjr.

Both have some scratches and itches during all these years, but also they have become more like family members than just objects.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2022, 03:17:33 PM »
Shuffler my ride is just so so at best ..but it does the job I need it too perfectly

It's as basic as them come ... doesn't even have intermittent wipers - which wasn't planned as I thought that was a basic feature like a/c - which my wife never lets me forget :)

Keeps my right pinkie busy when it is spitting rain...

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2022, 04:01:48 PM »
I dare say very few folks would have an electric as their primary vehicle....which means they are spending $60 for their SECONdary vehicle. Anyone who can do THAT doesn't need a subsidy from me
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2022, 04:31:21 PM »
Shuffler my ride is just so so at best ..but it does the job I need it too perfectly

It's as basic as them come ... doesn't even have intermittent wipers - which wasn't planned as I thought that was a basic feature like a/c - which my wife never lets me forget :)

Keeps my right pinkie busy when it is spitting rain...

:cheers:

Eagler
I have to say... I thught those were standard on most everything too.  Still gets you where you want to go and back. Even though you have one little pinky bigger than the other. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2022, 04:34:05 PM »

I do, perfect excuse to jump into my 99 Mustang and go for a ride!

Heck I jump in my truck and run to Galveston.... just to cruise around. That is about 50 miles each way.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2022, 04:25:50 PM »
They recently built a natural gas power plant in my area.  They are starting construction on another.  Wonder what that portends?
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2022, 06:45:16 AM »
They recently built a natural gas power plant in my area.  They are starting construction on another.  Wonder what that portends?

Probably means the green push will shrivel up and die again like it did the other time when cash for clunckers was passed out like it was a good idea...

When things had to be passed to see what's in them like today..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2022, 07:01:44 AM »
We are the Saudi Arabia of natural gas. It's hard to transport overseas, best we use it here. For those concerned about 'climate change', NG's expanded use in power plants over coal caused our CO2 emissions to drop far fast than the Climate Accord Obama signed onto, required. I've seen some metropolitan area where you can gas up your NG car, pretty cool
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2022, 09:32:48 AM »
The Electric Viking lives in Australia and has another point of view. Did he present fudged data?
Did he present data that is spot on? Might be worth your time to research this topic if your are interested in seeing your favorite legacy carmaker survive the transition. If car sales do not indicate what is going to happen with internal combustion vehicles then exactly what does?

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)