Author Topic: Electric Vehicles?  (Read 5494 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Electric Vehicles?
« on: August 11, 2022, 09:01:55 AM »
You have to own one for about 40 years to break even with a fossil fueled vehicle.
Just one reason why.. 
https://apnews.com/article/technology-forests-myanmar-75df22e8d7431a6757ea4a426fbde94c

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
Re: Electric Vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 09:08:40 AM »
You have to own one for about 40 years to break even with a fossil fueled vehicle.
Just one reason why.. 
https://apnews.com/article/technology-forests-myanmar-75df22e8d7431a6757ea4a426fbde94c

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 10:45:53 AM »
Don't confuse them with facts...they have an agenda to push

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 12:22:02 PM »
Don't confuse them with facts...they have an agenda to push

Eagler
I know... that is why those poor folks look up to the girl in the pic above.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 12:29:37 PM »
Gretchen, or whatever her name is, said that her childhood was stolen from her by climate change.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 12:55:15 PM »
Gretchen, or whatever her name is, said that her childhood was stolen from her by climate change.

Yep it was replaced with many $$$$$$

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 01:03:31 PM »
Well, she's had a very rough life. It's not like those poor people in Africa living in the dirt. She's had some real trials and tribulations.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 01:08:38 PM »
And the prize for fastest political derail goes to ...

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 01:26:54 PM »
so you guys quote a liberal biased mainstream news when it's convenient to you.  rest of time, it isn't a credible news source.

I find it hilarious that you guys have cars that shakes the walls of a neighbor that lives 2 miles away, while pointing at an ev.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 02:29:14 PM »
I was not aware that the associated press was a liberal bias news media source. Hmmm

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 02:35:53 PM »
I was not aware that the associated press was a liberal bias news media source. Hmmm

Seen this before.  :D

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 02:49:56 PM »
Just one reason why.. 

I just had a chance to read that article. It goes with what I've read before about how much mining and how destructive it is to mine for those rare Earth metals that make up these batteries.

I guess the mining and destruction of habitat is okay as long as it's not in our backyard.

And this associated press investigation is very credible. One of the most credible news organizations on the planet. The AP is a non-profit news organization and aggregator. Highly credible.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2022, 03:13:47 PM »
I just had a chance to read that article. It goes with what I've read before about how much mining and how destructive it is to mine for those rare Earth metals that make up these batteries.

I guess the mining and destruction of habitat is okay as long as it's not in our backyard.

And this associated press investigation is very credible. One of the most credible news organizations on the planet. The AP is a non-profit news organization and aggregator. Highly credible.

now to valance things out read how wonderful and good for the environment oil is.   perhaps also research other uses for rare earth's minerals. and maybe why this clothes at the store are made with 996 work ethics, while at same time they put news around buildings to stop people from jumping.

sometimes you guys remind me of joker who wrote born to kill on his helmet and wore a piece symbol on his jacket.

semp

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2022, 03:18:22 PM »
Well we're not talking about oil we're talking about electric vehicles. Why don't you start your own threat about oil?

And as far as I am aware, nobody is lying about oil and saying that it's great for the environment.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2022, 03:38:46 PM »
Well we're not talking about oil we're talking about electric vehicles. Why don't you start your own threat about oil?

And as far as I am aware, nobody is lying about oil and saying that it's great for the environment.

actually the link talks about environmental damage. here are other uses.

Rare-earth elements (REEs) are used as components in high technology devices, including smart phones, digital cameras, computer hard disks, fluorescent and light-emitting-diode (LED) lights, flat screen televisions, computer monitors, and electronic displays

sorry if I confuse some of you with facts. I'll leave it up to you to find other uses in medicine and military use.

it's not cool what they do in Myanmar but it isn't exactly all ev' fault.

semp