Author Topic: Twitter is bad for mental health  (Read 3179 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Twitter is bad for mental health
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 11:16:46 PM »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2022, 12:41:50 AM »
Have never had a fb, twitter or any of the other social media platform accounts

Me neither. Had only LinkedIn but moderators closed it because I did not support certain agenda which cultural marxists are pushing to preschools and kindergartens.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2022, 06:42:47 AM »
Where do your supposed facts come from?

my guess Facebook or Twitter.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2022, 07:01:19 AM »
Not that it matters here,

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/the-white-house-privately-demanded

(Image removed from quote.)

I can make a page like that in 30 seconds about Twitter employees amazed about the size of my manhood.

semp

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2022, 07:01:36 AM »
my guess Facebook or Twitter.

semp

The defenders of everything liberal and left have spoken...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 07:05:01 AM »
The defenders of everything liberal and left have spoken...

Eagler

I am not defending anything.  just laughing at people believe anything that is posted on the internet .

sp

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 07:12:26 AM »
People who laugh at those that believe different propaganda than them are usually the smartest.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2022, 07:44:06 AM »
I never had a Twitter, but had a FB for sometime as one of my old girlfriends set one up for me. I had it for about 7-8 years and then finally deactivated it after college in 2014 as I could see the writing on the wall.

While it can be used for businesses and social groups, staying in contact with friends who live far away, and group messaging, ect. I find it to be the purist form of narcissisism from an individual standpoint. "Look at me, look at me, my life is so great, or my life is so crappy, look at me". Its basically just a platform to show everyone a perception of yourself that you want them to see. It's also the easiest way to spy on people and see what they are up to, you never know who is looking at you. You can write some stupid crap being angry and it can prevent you from getting jobs, it can ruin friendships, it can make people think of you differently than when they saw you in person. You can write something political and lose half of your "friends", or whatever. I also found that most of the time, only your newest friend requests would see your posts, people who you aren't that close with, but just friend requested you, will see everything you say, but a friend you've had on there for a 3 years you may never see their posts or they see yours. From college I had a lot of girl friends on Facebook and just their constant drama was enough for me. I realized that I didn't need it anymore. I didn't need people to see everything I'm doing in my life, didn't care about theirs either anymore. I realized that It would be better for people to wonder what the heck I'm doing and where I went, rather than me show them on Facebook.

When I finally left Facebook. It was a great change. I felt a lot more free to my self, I didn't feel like I had to prove anything or try for some status of who has the most friends, what can I say today to get a bunch of likes? That is the narcissistic side that is ruining people. "My group says I'm right therefore you are wrong". Ever since I left Facebook my life has been so much better and when I found my girlfriend who became my wife, she didn't have one either and we live our own lives together without any stupid drama or worrying about "our look" or dealing with idiots on Facebook.  I'd highly recommend canceling it. Screw Mark Zuckerberg and his spying apparatus anyway.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 07:46:55 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2022, 08:06:28 AM »
I can make a page like that in 30 seconds about Twitter employees amazed about the size of my manhood.

semp

DANG! You've found me out!
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 08:19:04 AM »
Then to take this crazy to vr should be interesting...should double the anxiety for many..

It all seems like sad cries for attention most of the time..

The friend me thing is most bizarre imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 08:30:02 AM »
Not to start anything bad. I mostly use Twitter and Facebook, just to keep an eye for friends, but mostly for sports related events or anything I like which I follow a few aircraft groups on FB only. I do keep in contact with some co workers via messenger who are funny AF to talk with, and that's bout it.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 10:08:32 AM »
FB and Twitter is what you make it. Many make it like FW.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2022, 10:14:51 AM »
Nvm
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 10:18:20 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2022, 10:41:31 AM »
I've been banned since I posted proof of where the Rona came from and who created it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2022, 11:50:30 AM »
I cancelled my Twitter account couple years ago. When they started to censor research scientist who publish in peer reviewed science journals I figured
that is enough. There are other platforms you can use.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)