Author Topic: I'm being evicted - so I need you guys to come through for me  (Read 6679 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: I'm being evicted - so I need you guys to come through for me
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2022, 09:56:24 PM »
You obviously know nothing about Texas.

I know that I can't stand the weather and that most of it is ugly.

Politics and freedom are 9/10. 

Arizona is much more beautiful and had better weather. politics and freedom 9/10

California = perfect weather all year. politics  and freedom 5/10

Only Florida's weather and ugliness is worse than Texas to me. I know most people from Texas like to brag about Texas, and that's fine. But no way in hell would I ever live there.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2022, 01:53:26 AM »
You obviously know nothing about Texas.
I have traveled extensively in well over 35 states. Texas lists number 34 out of 35 states I would ever visit again for anything other than to make money. The people of texas show a Hideous lack of respect for municipal, environmental and economic stewardship. It's a barren wasteland, and the only areas that have decent fishing gear are also polluted to the tips. Fuk Texas and fuk the Texans that have fukd that natural beauty up. North Carolina on the other hand. Them is some hillbillys with party hills and half the ego.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2022, 03:56:19 AM »
I have traveled extensively in well over 35 states. Texas lists number 34 out of 35 states I would ever visit again for anything other than to make money. The people of texas show a Hideous lack of respect for municipal, environmental and economic stewardship. It's a barren wasteland, and the only areas that have decent fishing gear are also polluted to the tips. Fuk Texas and fuk the Texans that have fukd that natural beauty up. North Carolina on the other hand. Them is some hillbillys with party hills and half the ego.

🤣 😂 🤣 😂  now that's damn funny 😁

Except, this edjumacated North Carolina hillbilly Countryfried hick, has never had a problem whether I am in NC, Texas or Florida....with the way I carry myself, look and sound like...I  fit in just fine as if any of them were my home state

In Vegas, the dealers always ask? Are you from Texas or North Carolina 🤔  🤣 😂 🤣

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2022, 05:22:28 AM »
Forget the weather and landscape…I’d entertain the idea of living there for more $.

However, I have close family in Beaumont/Houston and DFW, and have been there enough times to know I’m no fan and wouldn’t grow on me. My drives on I-40 impressed me none either.

From a social standpoint I agree with the majority of there morals, values etc, until you get into the problem of population centers dictating what small towns/rural folk have to do. Same as I know farmers and ranchers in Colorado that wish they were part of KS or NE.

AZ is starting to resemble all of that too, no wonder my gut hurts all the time…

Celebrities have ruined most of the Rocky Mtn states with their ‘look at us, we have a big ranch in MT, WY, or CO. Idaho is next probably  :(   Dang blasted  :furious A River Runs Through It.

Good luck in your search Gina. If you’re considering moving back here I’d do it soon; I know snowbirds who recently sold their mobile homes because of rents going up in Mesa and Gilbert. A friend pays $1800 a month for 2 bedroom Apt in Gilbert (Higley off the 60). Their rent has gone up both of the last two annual leases.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2022, 07:01:47 AM »
Florida is crowded enough with out of staters..

I was only trying to be nice..could give a rats arse truly

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2022, 07:28:11 AM »
Forget the weather and landscape…I’d entertain the idea of living there for more $.

However, I have close family in Beaumont/Houston and DFW, and have been there enough times to know I’m no fan and wouldn’t grow on me. My drives on I-40 impressed me none either.

From a social standpoint I agree with the majority of there morals, values etc, until you get into the problem of population centers dictating what small towns/rural folk have to do. Same as I know farmers and ranchers in Colorado that wish they were part of KS or NE.

AZ is starting to resemble all of that too, no wonder my gut hurts all the time…

Celebrities have ruined most of the Rocky Mtn states with their ‘look at us, we have a big ranch in MT, WY, or CO. Idaho is next probably  :(   Dang blasted  :furious A River Runs Through It.

Good luck in your search Gina. If you’re considering moving back here I’d do it soon; I know snowbirds who recently sold their mobile homes because of rents going up in Mesa and Gilbert. A friend pays $1800 a month for 2 bedroom Apt in Gilbert (Higley off the 60). Their rent has gone up both of the last two annual leases.

Thank you, RotBaron.

Wow. That's crazy about the prices in those areas in Arizona. I remember when Gilbert and Chandler were mostly cotton farms and very rural. Same with Litchfield park. Those area were considered out in the sticks.

Arizona is still great. I lived in north Phoenix most of my life. I loved that area. But Phoenix is getting so crowded and the building has never stopped since the mid 70's. It just keeps getting bigger and the city just keeps expanding and taking over the desert. Very pretty and clean though in most areas.

California has some great areas. Even very affordable areas but I have my job in Cypress and for now I need to stick around this area. If I have to get an apartment I might just get one in San Pedro, Long Beach or another beach area and get something with an ocean view.

I  am very tempted to get up in the mountains - like Running Springs/ Lake Arrowhead or down in Silverado Canyon. If I do that I'll have a very nice, peaceful place to live for awhile, but I'll also have a 60 mile drive.

Eagler, I know you were being nice and I do appreciate it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2022, 01:04:26 PM »
Texas has all kinds of weather.

I have lived in every state in the US except Alaska and Hawaii. I have lived in Canada, Mexico and South America ( Venezuela). I never travel out of Texas any more. Love it here.

As I am posting this, I am in the Texas Hill  Country. We are camped in our RV on the Guadalupe River. Yall have fun.... we are.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 01:07:08 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2022, 01:24:19 PM »

All kinds of geography as well. That is according to 'Lone Star Law'.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2022, 03:25:44 PM »
Since I contacted somebody about a manufactured home on Zillow, now I'm getting notifications from them.

I got a notification today that there's been a big price drop on one of the houses. Now it's down to about a million five.

Jiminy crickets. Probably should be jumping on that

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2022, 05:21:34 PM »
Grew up Northern VA, lived in Tampa for 20 years, lived in SW VA the last 27 or so. Outside of where I live NOW, only other place might be mountains of NC (where I'll be this weekend) or Idaho. Could certainly never live in a metropolitan area again, I like target shooting off the porch....keeps sales people away too
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2022, 06:14:33 PM »
Beauty is both a thing of perspective and experience.

I've been all over Texas and seen it all from the desolate to the lush from the desert to the ocean from the flatlands to the mountains ... and more. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion.

https://www.touropia.com/regions-of-texas-map/

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2022, 09:39:23 PM »
That final scene from Castaway w Tom Hanks.....he walks to the intersection, looks all 4 directions, sees literally nothing but Texas. I could stand that (save the humidity)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2022, 06:23:25 AM »

Rot you should come see where I live now.  About 40 miles West of Waco, 1/4 mile from the lake, the town has maybe 3 stop lights, a nice little community of homes that surround an RV park. Granted the RV park aint that great and they've basically changed it from a 'vacation rental' place to a full time squat ground.  Most of the people are pretty decent but they aren't invested in the property and the management turns a blind eye to the agreed upon rules between the homeowners and the park.  Other than that it's quiet, chill, and an 8' fence around the back yard gives me all the privacy I need where if I don't want to see a human but once a week maybe it's all good.  I do have some friends here but they're not the types that you go over to their place and hang out and vice versa which is just the way I like it. 

Granted it was HOT all August (100+ every day almost all month) but now we're in Sept and the temps are coming down, the fall rain is starting, and it's going to cool off soon. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2022, 06:24:42 AM »

I have lived in every state in the US except Alaska and Hawaii. I have lived in Canada, Mexico and South America ( Venezuela). I never travel out of Texas any more. Love it here.

As I am posting this, I am in the Texas Hill  Country. We are camped in our RV on the Guadalupe River. Yall have fun.... we are.

Hell Shuff you're not far from me... Whitney here
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2022, 07:48:30 AM »
Well the search goes on. This is mentally exhausting. I'm looking forward to the three day weekend.