Author Topic: I'm being evicted - so I need you guys to come through for me  (Read 6671 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: I'm being evicted - so I need you guys to come through for me
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2022, 01:41:15 PM »
Hell Shuff you're not far from me... Whitney here

I knew you were not to far from here. We are here till Friday morning.  We have friends in their RV next door. They are from Dallas.

K&L Riverside Camp
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2022, 07:51:35 AM »
every day I search.

last night when I got home I searched online and found an available spot on craigslist. The filters are very wonky on CL. I was playing with very specific word phrasing and found one ad that was posted two days ago. It didn't otherwise show up under the housing section. I'm hoping they still have it.

What a wakeup call this is. I've been living in VERY expensive area and only paying 385 a moth in rent for 15 years. It helped me through some very hard times - when I didn't even have 20 bucks in the bank. I always was saved somehow. Well, by the grace of God. God has always provided for me and I trust that.

But I should have been saving more. I did save money and I didn't spend on too many crazy things, but I thought I had all the time in the world. I even thought that I could retire here.

Now I see what other people here are dealing with. Unbearably expensive housing. It's sad how some people are living. It's sad seeing the ads of people who are searching for a room. They post their pictures and are hoping someone will help them out.

Maybe this is just a strange bubble right now. The moratorium on evictions due to covid have ended and lots of people are being evicted. Landlords need to recover from huge losses of carrying the burden.

It's a mess right now. The housing situation.

I've never lived in an apartment. I moved out when I was 18 and had roommates in a townhouse as my first place. We quickly moved into a 4 bedroom house that 4 friends rented for 500 a month.

When I was 23 or so I rented my own three bedroom house with my younger brother. He got the master bedroom with it's own bathroom and I got the two rooms. I used one for my band room. We ended up buying that house.

I've owned three houses. Two at one time.

When I moved back to California was in the housing bubble crash. I bought this trailer and moved out here because my dad was begging me to come work for him to take over the business. I packed my dog and whatever would fit into my F-250 and moved here.

I never gave a thought about housing before in my life., Everything had always been affordable and easy to get.

Now. Wow. I mean it is insane. There's no way you're going to get a house out here that's under 1 million. Well, maybe some dump for 500k.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:05:51 AM by -gg- »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2022, 07:58:54 AM »
So now you know why so many are living on the street.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2022, 08:01:08 AM »
California dreamin.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2022, 08:09:39 AM »
It's not just California.

It's relatively higher here for sure, but Arizona is the same on a little smaller scale. I love Arizona.

Houses in outlying areas are affordable here, but 6o miles away means a two hour drive each way.

Like I said, this is  wakeup call for me. I'm going to more seriously plan my options now. I'll get some property and change jobs if I have to.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2022, 08:19:50 AM »
escape

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2022, 09:19:42 AM »
So now you know why so many are living on the street.

Milo, You are not pointing out the ‘why’, you are pointing out the result or consequences of a multitude and culmination of things.

Sorry Gina, but even once loathed Utah (by many Cali’s) is getting really expensive too. I left Colorado in 2002 for my home state and town here and those fleeing CA for such reasons was more than well under way then in AZ & CO. Many things verboten to get into led to it simmering down and now it’s full steam again…hope you find a solution.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2022, 09:29:37 AM »
GG, it's like Brigham Young and the Mormons picking Utah.

You need to go to a place where no one wants to be.

Otherwise, you're going to find exorbitant prices.

As RotBaron points out, the various causes of something like a one car garage selling as a home for $1 million can be discussed and debated but cannot be avoided. It's happened and it's the situation you have to deal with out there. In a way it reminds me of a Ponzi scheme; sooner or later someone gets left holding the bag.

That's why people are fleeing the high cost of living states.

So get on out into the great beyond. You have marketable skills that will ensure you a stable lifestyle wherever you go. Saddle up and ride!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2022, 10:03:09 AM »
Toad, maybe I'll come live with you. I'll rent your tool shed for $1,000 a month if you put a pillow in it

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2022, 11:38:54 AM »
I've got a fully furnished lower level with galley kitchen and full bath. Big bellybutton windows on two sides with private exit out to the rear patio/smoker area. It's not like a basement.

I can rent that to you for six months if you'll just finish the B-25s..............

:devil

:rofl
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2022, 12:26:50 PM »
I've got a fully furnished lower level with galley kitchen and full bath. Big bellybutton windows on two sides with private exit out to the rear patio/smoker area. It's not like a basement.

I can rent that to you for six months if you'll just finish the B-25s..............

:devil

:rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2022, 01:49:21 PM »
Maybe Dale will let me live in his server room.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2022, 01:58:25 PM »

I'm sure you will stay warm.  :salute

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2022, 02:31:55 PM »

Dont trip over the server power cord
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2022, 03:11:00 PM »
Maybe that can be my one job. Make sure the cord stays plugged in