Author Topic: Hanoi Jane  (Read 4023 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Hanoi Jane
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2022, 02:47:39 PM »
Hope she suffers horribly.

Always appalled by what you post.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2022, 07:19:02 PM »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2022, 09:02:07 PM »
Always appalled by what you post.

Yet not surprised.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2022, 10:21:43 PM »
How many of the military veterans on here got to piss on the Hanoi Jane urinal cakes.... 🤣 😂 🤣 😂

Her face on those were the bullseye 🎯 🤣 😳 😂
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2022, 05:32:05 AM »
The thing about that war--i remember even as a kid, the anti-war types were venting their anger at the kids fighting it--NOT the politicians who got us into it, while simultaneously trying to micromanage it from 8 thousand miles away. Joan Baez belatedly realized this and apologized, Jane never did
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2022, 05:56:57 AM »
My Lord, google is an absolute sad mess when you try to research the ARVN and/or get statistics about SV soldiers and conscription vs. volunteer.

NVM at this point.

But has the thought ever crossed your mind about what happened to ARVN or SVA soldiers after capitulation?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2022, 06:02:33 AM »
I wouldn't wish suffering on anybody. Each of us will be judged one day - and we are all sinners.
She supported killing Americans. I stand by my statement.

You judge people every day. You just don't realize it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2022, 06:24:15 AM »
My Lord, google is an absolute sad mess when you try to research the ARVN and/or get statistics about SV soldiers and conscription vs. volunteer.

NVM at this point.

But has the thought ever crossed your mind about what happened to ARVN or SVA soldiers after capitulation?
that ALSO occurred to me as a kid--"STOP THE WAR!" What they neglected to say was the war most certainly wouldn't stop, and many of those who remained would be slaughtered

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2022, 08:34:47 AM »
The thing about that war--i remember even as a kid, the anti-war types were venting their anger at the kids fighting it--NOT the politicians who got us into it, while simultaneously trying to micromanage it from 8 thousand miles away. Joan Baez belatedly realized this and apologized, Jane never did

I'm not a big fan of Jane, but I am of the truth.

Since then, Fonda has apologized repeatedly for the “Hanoi Jane” photo, and clarified that her actions during the Vietnam War were in protest of the U.S. government and not against soldiers. She addressed the photo in her 2005 memoir My Life So Far

https://time.com/5116479/jane-fonda-hanoi-jane-nickname/

Guess what?  People have been known to say and do stupid nonsense in their early twenties. 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2022, 08:44:48 AM »
Here is a link to her apology from a 20/20 interview with Barbara Walters:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/22/fact-check-barbara-walters-did-not-write-post-jane-fonda-vietnam/5446508002/

During a 1988 "20/20" interview with (Barbara) Walters, Fonda apologized for her actions during her trip and the things she said about American soldiers.

"Jane Fonda told me that she now realizes in her urgent desire to end the war, she unthinkingly caused pain to many Americans who fought in Vietnam," Walters said during the broadcast. "In our interview tonight, she speaks directly to former prisoners of war, to Vietnam veterans and their families. And confronting her past, she then apologizes."

“I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of the things that I said or did," Fonda said. "I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I’m … very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families.

In many articles and interviews, she expressed regret for her actions and called it a mistake (even "unforgivable"), but until this article I hadn't seen the words "I'm sorry".    I guess its up to each of us how we choose to react to it.   

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 08:46:26 AM by oboe »

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2022, 09:43:02 AM »
https://www.westernjournal.com/jane-fonda-issues-new-apology-for-controverisal-anti-american-vietnam-photo-from-1972/
From 2018. Meh

Although she did not say she regretted the trip itself, which earned her the nickname “Hanoi Jane,” she did tell the Television Critics Association’s Summer Press Tour that one part has given her second thoughts.

“I am proud I went to Vietnam when I did,” she said, according to Fox News. But she said she regretted a notorious photo that emerged from the tour: One of Fonda at an anti-aircraft gun used to shoot American planes out of the sky

I am so sorry that I was thoughtless enough to sit down on that gun at that time and the message that that sends to the guys who were there and their families – it’s just horrible for me to think of that,” she said.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2022, 09:54:51 AM »
Here is a link to her apology from a 20/20 interview with Barbara Walters:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/22/fact-check-barbara-walters-did-not-write-post-jane-fonda-vietnam/5446508002/

During a 1988 "20/20" interview with (Barbara) Walters, Fonda apologized for her actions during her trip and the things she said about American soldiers.

In many articles and interviews, she expressed regret for her actions and called it a mistake (even "unforgivable"), but until this article I hadn't seen the words "I'm sorry".    I guess its up to each of us how we choose to react to it.   

CptTrips Time.com link suggests it has an apology from her to US veterans, but I didn’t see one in there. Saying something was a mistake and/or misconstrued is NOT an apology.

However, Oboe, your link is the only actual apology I’ve ever seen in the words “I’m sorry.” 

1972-1988, so it took her ~16 years to actually apologize  :uhoh

More in Trips link should concern though ‘still not proud of America’.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2022, 10:17:26 AM »
I would not wish a death from cancer on anyone, well perhaps pedophiles.

Having said that. If all jane fonda did was protest the war I would not give a crap about it. Lots of folks did that. What she did was willingly travel to north viet nam and become a willing propaganda tool of the enemy. In short she "gave aid and comfort to the enemy". She knew she was doing that at the time and only became repentant over it when it effected her acting career. Given the treasonous act of supporting the enemy in a time of war, as opposed to merely protesting our government's position, she became a criminal not just a war protester. She has never been held accountable for her actions. Her "apologies" do not cut it with me or a lot of Vets. No I am NOT a nam Vet but I did lose family there. One of the reasons I will refuse to visit lbj's grave site as well because it is illegal to piss on a grave, or at least get caught doing that.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2022, 10:39:20 AM »
I've been to Arlington a few times, have some kin buried there as well. When you leave the visitor center and walk down the main walk that soon splits off into many paths, there's a HUGE McDonald's-esque grave marker on the right. Belongs to Robert S. McNamara, the reason so many of the other markers exist. Contrast that to John McCain's father, a retired admiral, small nondescript marker that could have belonged to one of his orderlies

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2022, 12:05:15 PM »
At least half of hollywood hates the US as much or more than da jane did then - more or less depending on who is running the show - but you still go and pay them millions to watch their usually crappy movies..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals