Author Topic: A little help.  (Read 2214 times)

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
Re: A little help.
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2022, 02:33:08 PM »
For me it's the pine trees that constantly drip sap and kill everything.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2022, 02:43:26 PM »
A little help.

You could try to find a really good Psychologist.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2022, 02:44:45 PM »
You could try to find a really good Psychologist.

:confused:  Why?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2022, 02:50:07 PM »
No shortage of psychology majors, that's for sure. A cousin told me long ago that 40% of engineering majors switch to psychology. That was after he switched from engineering to psychology.   :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2022, 03:17:31 PM »
knorB, you might try plugging a creeping grass around the bare spot in hopes it will spread over it.

Bermuda grows pretty well in eastern TN apparently. Surround that bare spot with 2 inch plugs spaced about 6" apart and see if it will spread. You'll need to wait until it starts warming up next year though. It'll go dormant in the cold months.

I'm doing a Bermuda implant where I'm at this year. It chokes out the weeds very well and is low maintenance. My acres are not a lawn, I call it a pasture. A mixture of bluegrass, fescue, lots of crabgrass and other weeds.

I have a very nice patch of Bermuda a former owner put it. That part looks great, so I'm plugging out of it into the other areas. Looking good so far.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2022, 03:42:29 PM »
knorB, you might try plugging a creeping grass around the bare spot in hopes it will spread over it.

Bermuda grows pretty well in eastern TN apparently. Surround that bare spot with 2 inch plugs spaced about 6" apart and see if it will spread. You'll need to wait until it starts warming up next year though. It'll go dormant in the cold months.

I'm doing a Bermuda implant where I'm at this year. It chokes out the weeds very well and is low maintenance. My acres are not a lawn, I call it a pasture. A mixture of bluegrass, fescue, lots of crabgrass and other weeds.

I have a very nice patch of Bermuda a former owner put it. That part looks great, so I'm plugging out of it into the other areas. Looking good so far.

I'll give that a whirl. It's just odd, it's been a wet summer, so plenty of water.  We live on top of a hill, so drainage is fine.
I've had bad patches before. Spread some seed, water and watch the grass grow.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2022, 03:50:20 PM »
watch the grass grow.

...and if you find it boring, you could always wander off somewhere less boring.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2022, 04:05:32 PM »
Dig up the dirt and put some fresh topsoil in its place. Reseed with seed patch mix and fertilizer, and presto!

Dont buy some of the bagged topsoils, they have the consistency of mulch. Bought a bag of miracle grow topsoil, it was more like miracle mulch Instead. The really cheap stuff that's like $2 a bag at lowes is essentially the stuff the street sweeper dumps out. Sometimes there's rocks in it, or dirt, or wood, or a few nails, or dried sludge.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2022, 04:26:26 PM »
Shida I’m quite confused?  I thought you British folks were big on gardening and the like.  I’m shocked you haven’t contributed meaningfully.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2022, 05:00:08 PM »
No shortage of fertilizer around here.  💩💩

Coogan.
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2022, 05:00:42 PM »
Shida I’m quite confused?  I thought you British folks were big on gardening and the like.  I’m shocked you haven’t contributed meaningfully.

You're not confused, I am no longer British and feel free to report me.

Can you fly a Brewster?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2022, 06:15:30 PM »
You're not confused, I am no longer British and feel free to report me.

Can you fly a Brewster?

Why would I report you for not being British?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2022, 06:20:36 PM »
I had a spot like that out front, finally got a shovel and dug up EVERYthing around 4" deep, thru a few bags of top soil from Lowes into the hole.

(AND didn't let the dog in the front yard anymore--once ONE dog pees there, that spot becomes pee central for every dog within a half mile)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2022, 07:11:41 PM »
I had a spot like that out front, finally got a shovel and dug up EVERYthing around 4" deep, thru a few bags of top soil from Lowes into the hole.

(AND didn't let the dog in the front yard anymore--once ONE dog pees there, that spot becomes pee central for every dog within a half mile)

used to have a problem like that but it was cats.  a few drops of bleach and they stopped coming.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2022, 12:44:21 AM »
Why would I report you for not being British?

Remember Bronk, oh I do apologise, I mean Knobber, it's your duty to report each and every minor rule infraction not according to your interpretation, but immediately and without thought. Don't do it for me, do it for your Alpha female as she has instructed you (presumably via pheremones) and follow your orders. Here, let me help you:

,...,you spineless, moronic, weak little beta.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-