Author Topic: I'm being evicted - so I need you guys to come through for me  (Read 6673 times)

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
Re: I'm being evicted - so I need you guys to come through for me
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2022, 05:17:21 PM »
Dang TC sorry to hear.  It really shouldn’t be that stressful to get things sorted.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2022, 06:16:01 PM »
I need a break from worrying about this crap. Strangest dreams last night and today I was crying for no reason.

Tomorrow I'm going to go help my dad with some computer stuff and whatever else he wants me to help him with. Then I'm going to go home and take a break.

maybe I'll mix one of my songs I've had recorded for about 2 years.

Then I'll start fresh Sunday and Monday
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2022, 06:24:15 PM »
Well, I left the house with my pool cues....got to make some money back somewhere and I can't find a poker game 😒 🙃
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2022, 08:01:02 PM »
It's just before 6:00 and I'm in bed. I took a 1/4 size dose of my marijuana chocolate bar. Washed my face and put my hair up. Got into a comfy big t-shirt and I am relaxed..

I'm looking forward to going to see my dad and all the guys at the shop that I used to work with.

I'll get up at 4:30 in the morning and have a nice breakfast with coffee and then I'll head over to my dad's about 6:30. He's about a mile away. I love those guys that I worked with. They are like family to me and they're so good to me.

Like I said earlier I was crying a little bit off and on today but I couldn't pinpoint a reason. One thing was my brother.

My younger brother has only 10% kidney function now and he's on a donor list and it's going to have to be on dialysis pretty soon. So I had a very vivid and strange dream about him last night that was very disturbing.

When I was about 20 years old and my brother was about 17 we rented a pretty nice house together. I lived with him for years. I was thinking about the old times. It's very sad how times change and you can never go back.

I guess I was feeling nostalgic and also feeling the effects of this underlying stress I have about my situation right now. I'm just exhausted I think.

So I went to a printer repair today and just by chance two of the guys I work with were there working on a different printer together. So they cheered me up a lot and bought me lunch.

I know so many great people. Just really good people that are in my life. I'm blessed.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2022, 01:34:52 PM »
Arlo, do you ever jump into a thread for anything other than to nag people and offer negativity?

Place him on ignore. It makes the boards so much nicer.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2022, 01:55:27 PM »
yeah, I know. I've never put anyone on ignore before.

Guess what?

Got some news today that we no longer are being evicted. I'm not sure what the situation is - but I heard from two different neighbors that the property management was going to notify us that we no longer have to go. Not sure for how long or anything. Someone went in to pay their rent yesterday and the told him .

I was at my dad's shop today when I got the news and now I feel SO relieved. Especially for my neighbors - who I was very worried would haver no place to go.

So thank God. :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2022, 04:49:58 PM »
Good for you. I told you things will be fine.  :)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2022, 11:42:34 PM »
Thank you, Arlo.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2022, 11:56:14 AM »
I got a pleasant surprise this morning!

A knock on my door - and the new owner, Mike, introduced himself. He came inside and I signed a new lease. We are not getting kicked out! He raised the rent 50 dollars a month and said I can stay as long as I want.

So relieved. And SO glad I didn't panic and jump off into an apartment - and I almost did do that.

He seems like a really great guy too.

So all is good! What a relief!

What a wakeup call too. Now I am going to be focused on buying my own land and preparing for that.

:banana:

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2022, 10:46:58 PM »
Almost as bad as Texas is ugly.  :D

I know of a fellow in Texas who lives near a pile of rocks on a large plot of undeveloped land where he runs five businesses.  Perhaps one hand could wash the other, and you could help him with his businesses in exchange for a sharecropper plot of land where you could set up your trailer.   I hear the s***mart down the road may be hiring as well.   It is a desolate & depressing place however, right smack in the middle of the Commancheria.   He is also quite disagreeable.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces
----------------------------------------------------------------------