Author Topic: Ukrainian Breakthrough at Izyum  (Read 3159 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Ukrainian Breakthrough at Izyum
« on: September 10, 2022, 09:50:43 AM »

As Peter Zeihan put so well, the extraordinary thing about this conflict is the degree to which, "the Ukrainian forces have consistently surprised to the upside, and the Russian forces have  consistently surprised to the downside."

It feels like watching the Battle of Britain on land.  In near real-time.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Ukrainian Breakthrough at Izyum
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 09:57:29 AM »
Me thinks the stooges don’t report you or enough as they do to others.

You or they will eventually tie this topic and thread to a current US citizen and blame them.

Just as every other Ukraine thread has gone…
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 10:09:01 AM »

On a military themed website I feel free to post on on-going military conflicts. 

The post is about military action and capabilities.  There is nothing political about it.

If you don't like it, don't read the thread.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 10:13:14 AM »
Rabidrabit (FW) has a detailed journal of the war that's gone on for 87 pages now, with the added bonus of our favorite Russian commenting
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Arblo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 10:16:51 AM »
Thanks, good video.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 10:18:25 AM »
Good news!

The Ukrainians are giving Russia MUCH more than they ever could have imagined.

Initially, Russia tried to blackmail other nations with a nuclear threat so everyone would stay out and let them do as they please. Well, it didn't work out that way.

Ukraine needs and deserves all the help anyone can give them.

What the Russians have done in Ukraine is deplorable and they need to be held accountable for it all.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 10:32:38 AM »
Rabidrabit (FW) has a detailed journal of the war that's gone on for 87 pages now, with the added bonus of our favorite Russian commenting

Do you have a link for that particular thread?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 10:39:23 AM »
CptTrips, youd probably like those Ukraine discussions over there. Boroda also has a thread titled "war" and it's his rantings about how Ukraine started everything and the Russians are the heros.

By the way, Boroda insisted that Russia was not going to invade - and he thought it was propaganda that the west was warning of an imminent invasion. Should should be able to easily find the threads over there. If you want to participate, you'd have to join. If you want to join just shoot me a note because I can approve the account as soon as I see it. Otherwise I might not check right away.

The Russians were emboldened after taking Crimea.

I'm so happy to see the Ukrainians giving Russia hell. I feel horribly for what those people have been living through. Well, those that do live through it.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 10:58:15 AM »
Yeah, it started off as Boroda's, he has trouble getting to non -Russian websites now, Rabid has pretty much taken it over

https://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/index.php?thread/14919-war/&pageNo=1
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 11:03:37 AM »
Do you have a link for that particular thread?

I have a number of feeds coming from the Russians and Ukes that I'm putting in that thread daily.  As a quick catch up, the entire Russian northern front is collapsing with no signs of defense.  Here is a map the Russian Rybar channel just posted.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 11:05:23 AM »
IMHO. the initial thrust on Kyiv was strategic malpractice.

If they had put everything on a southern blitzkrieg along the coast, covered by naval power, supplied by sea, they could have been in Odessa by now and the whole thing a fait accompli.

Instead of getting a 40 mile convoy stuck in the mud and out of fuel.  They are lucky the Ukrainians didn't have their long range guns yet else they would have cut that up like confetti.

With the coast controlled, they could have strangled Ukraine into submission with a minimum of effort and material. 

Speed was the critical factor.  Getting it finished before the west could have coalesced a resistance, before weapons and material could have made their way to the Ukrainians.  They had a short window and they blew it.

They might still eventually win in a year or two by continuing to throw young Russian bodies into the meat grinder until they simply drown the Ukrainians in Russian blood.  But as Sun Tzu says long expensive wars can destroy a state from within.  One would have to assume there are already plots afoot for regime changes as is evidenced by the increasing number of Russian oligarchs accidentally falling out of windows.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 11:07:41 AM by CptTrips »

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2022, 11:06:43 AM »
This video is a day old and does not fully express the full breakout but does do a great job of explaining how it got to where it is.

https://youtu.be/B_BN_eCScwM

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2022, 11:29:14 AM »
And now the Russians will rush troops to the north to reenforce their flank...just in time for the Ukrainians to hit Kherson in force.

There are only two partially usable bridges in that pocket. If I were the Ukrainians were to manage to finish off their destruction, the Russians forces on the west bank are cut off from supplies and retreat unless they are really good swimmers. 

Personally, I would blow one and have my arty zeroed in on the second and just wait for them to jam up on that bridgehead trying to escape in panic and then I'd turn it into a Highway of Death like we did in GW1.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 11:44:25 AM »
I think the Russians have serious manpower, equipment, logistics and moral issues. None of those are a good thing even by itself.

The war is unjust and the Russians fighting it know that. They know they might die for something they should not be fighting for.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2022, 11:56:34 AM »

Russian Special Missile Operations....incompetence or information warfare?  Did someone hack into the targeting?