Author Topic: Rising gas prices in the Los Angeles area  (Read 3308 times)

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
Re: Rising gas prices in the Los Angeles area
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2022, 06:57:36 PM »
Look a link!!!  http://www.tax-rates.org/    anyone can check any state's income tax rate.  By the looks of it, CA is higher than the majority.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2022, 07:09:36 PM »
I never listen to whatever gunslinger says. Lol
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2022, 07:27:34 PM »
I never listen to whatever gunslinger says. Lol

Good advice!

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2022, 07:36:47 PM »

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2022, 07:49:18 PM »
You mean the graphic in the article?

The graphic reportedly contains 2018 data from the Institute of Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), which compiled statistics regarding IRS income tax, sales tax, property tax, and information from Bureau of Labor Statistics' Consumer Expenditure Survey from sources including the U.S. Census Bureau

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2022, 08:01:45 PM »
California has over 1 million millionaires.

That’s 10% of NC population. Ain’t hard to figure out why taxes are higher in NC, which is offset by a much less expensive cost of living.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2022, 08:07:21 PM »
NC registration was 20 bucks when I lived there. people were happy to tell us that. till we did taxes and found out about the road tax or whatever is called. it was more than what we paid in california. also state taxes surprised the heck out of us.  company offered short term interest free loans.

on the other hand insurance car and health was less but food was more expensive. I liked living in north Carolina was uptight but nice.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2022, 08:32:54 PM »
Food in NC more expensive than the Antelope Valley area or San Bernardino area - iirc that’s where you are…

Food definitely not more expensive than in major CA cities.

Pulled pork sandwich here at a decent bbq place last week, $16, no sides or drink. Similar sandwich up in Payson or Prescott is probably $10.  City vs. town…

* Same pulled pork sandwich at same place in 2019 was $12 and you got two sides  :eek:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 09:11:16 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2022, 09:09:54 PM »
Food in NC more expensive than the Antelope Valley area or San Bernardino area - iirc that’s where you are…

Food definitely not more expensive than in major CA cities.

Pulled pork sandwich here at a decent bbq place last week, $16, no sides or drink. Similar sandwich up in Payson or Prescott is probably $10.  City vs. town…

sorry I meant groceries.  hate pulled pork. but do miss shecrab soup and the firehouse subs, the ones here are nasty.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2022, 09:14:54 PM »
Firehouse Subs <S>
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2022, 02:38:29 AM »
Love my Firehouse Subs! Particularly the "Engine Company Hot Sub" which hasn't been on the menu for over 10 years from Florida to North Carolina and most likely everywhere...but if you ask for it they still serve you 😉

A damn hotdog  costs average $3.39 or thereabouts these days 😒 🙄..... I  remember the days of getting 5 hotdogs for $1....

Semp, vehicle inspection is around $38/$40 then property taxes on vehicle then registration & tags

Sales tax is 7 to 9.25 % depends on the county and city... except when buying groceries

If one has the ability,  it's easy to keep freezers horizontal/ vertical  packed with venison, turkey, etc... dove & quail season is in right now...deer season with rifles soon approaching (bow season has been in and black powder as well I do believe...) then there is fishing 🎣...cheaper to live of the land to be seriously honest... I didn't get to do my garden this year,  but damn sure will next year...
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2022, 06:59:45 AM »
Sadly, medium Firehouse sub with honey ham and turkey, chips, drink, gone from $9 to $13
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2022, 07:08:01 AM »
Sadly, medium Firehouse sub with honey ham and turkey, chips, drink, gone from $9 to $13

What only a 50% increase...

Imagine if prices soared like this 6 to 4 years ago the noise and actual protests that would have been spun up as social justice causes?

It would have been additional shopping opportunities for 10's of 1000's

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals