Author Topic: How many do you have to kill?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: How many do you have to kill?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 10:45:36 AM »
When my brother was heinously murdered (est. over 120 blows to head, arms, torso, legs from hands/feet/possibly pipe or pipe wrench) our county attorney’s had to explain to my family that juries are extremely reluctant to give guilty verdict knowing the potential sentence of death is on the table. 

When the prosecution makes an agreement with the defense that if convicted they won’t seek death penalty from the judge, it’s then much more likely to get a conviction.

Modern day juries (average people) don’t want to feel responsible for the death of the convicted no matter how much they abhor them on the whole.

Stark contrast to less than 100 yrs ago when public hangings drew crowds (last public hanging 1936).

Every attorney (too many) I’ve met would never sacrifice getting a guilty verdict vs acquittal on Murder 1 over life w/out parole vs capital punishment. 
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2022, 10:46:14 AM »
Yep its going to get bad here. Criminals are not allowed to be punished for their crimes. I can not say anything more because the certain select few people here will report me for speaking the truth

he got a life sentence. he'll never see the outside again. how is that not a punishment.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2022, 11:16:34 AM »
RotBaron sorry about your brother. I know it's hard.

but if we go back to hanging like we did 100 years ago what kind of society do you want? I know we don't have a perfect criminal system, but sometimes damn, it's out of control, some guilty go free and innocent spend decades on death row only to be told sorry we made A mistake.

I know a person that went to jail because he didn't answer his phone and was released with no charges.

semp

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2022, 11:30:28 AM »
He wont make 5 years in prison. Someone in the population will see to it.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2022, 12:08:10 PM »
I don't know if lawyers ask potential jurors about capital punishment during Voir dire; but if they do not, the odds of finding 12 people that agree on the death penalty are small.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2022, 12:29:09 PM »
Death should be handed out far more often and happen far sooner.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »
RotBaron sorry about your brother. I know it's hard.

but if we go back to hanging like we did 100 years ago what kind of society do you want? I know we don't have a perfect criminal system, but sometimes damn, it's out of control, some guilty go free and innocent spend decades on death row only to be told sorry we made A mistake.

I know a person that went to jail because he didn't answer his phone and was released with no charges.

semp

I want a society where the law-abiding aren't held hostage to criminals, which is where this one is trending
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2022, 12:54:28 PM »
he got a life sentence. he'll never see the outside again. how is that not a punishment.

semp

Because he still breathes while 17 kids do not...

1000's are still morning and will until they die

He confessed to the killings...planned it out..

Purchased the gun himself..but he was bullied as he was a nut job kid himself

A new recent change now requires all jurors to vote unanimously for death or it can't be given

Been on a couple of juries..

Each one had at least one total moron in it...one for a meth dealer they had on tape and struggled to get him convicted as one moron wasn't convinced and drug it out another day...

If he confessed he admits his guilt

Either you have the death penalty for crimes like this or it should be removed as a choice of possible punishment

I am glad his mug will now be removed from the evening news as he is disgusting to look at knowing what he did and the possible copycats he might inspire

I feel for the victims families and friends

Eagler
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 12:58:23 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2022, 01:10:35 PM »
I want a society where the law-abiding aren't held hostage to criminals, which is where this one is trending

who is holding you hostage.. second amendment don't you believe in it

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2022, 01:14:47 PM »
Death should be handed out far more often and happen far sooner.

120 persons have gotten the death penalty and have been released after decades because they were innocent.  makes you wonder how many innocent were executed.

semp

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2022, 01:17:58 PM »
Shouldnt of even had the option for life in prison. Judge should of out right said that you will be sentenced to death for the murder of 17 children. $200 will buy some lumber and a rope. Sentenced to death by hanging. A lot less of a mess to clean up if killed by firing squad, and electricity is too high to fry them. Lethal injection way too expensive.

Hangman tree perfect green solution for death penalty. Made by renewable resources, takes no electricity to use, can be used many many times for its cost, and once it is no longer usable, wood can be ground up into mulch or repurposed into something else. But certain people will say its inhumane, ignoring the fact the murderer inhumanely killed their victims. It hurts their feelings for criminals to be punished for their crimes.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2022, 07:14:43 PM »
https://www.aol.com/news/parkland-shooter-prosecutors-call-probe-132917761-171409910.html

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Prosecutors in the case of Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz are calling for an investigation after a juror said she felt threatened by another member of the jury during deliberations that ended Thursday with a life sentence for Cruz's murder of 17 people.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2022, 07:38:22 PM »
some, most would rather not be there.  from the really bad food to if a guard don't like you to nobody likes you.

semp

Unless you've been there, how would you know any of this?

When I was stationed in Alaska there was a scandal when it came out that dirtbags in the prison system ate better than most Alaskan's did, steak one night a week, seafood another.

One of my brothers was convicted of 3 felonies at the same time, he did 1 year in county lockup in Santa Barbara California. He said there were guys that wanted to stay inside simply because they didn't want to be on the outside for various reasons. He also mentioned that as long as you obey the rules in jail/prison it can be fairly easy to serve your time.

Incidentally, my brother is now a member of the Denver chapter of Hell's Angels.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2022, 08:31:12 PM »
Unless you've been there, how would you know any of this?

When I was stationed in Alaska there was a scandal when it came out that dirtbags in the prison system ate better than most Alaskan's did, steak one night a week, seafood another.

One of my brothers was convicted of 3 felonies at the same time, he did 1 year in county lockup in Santa Barbara California. He said there were guys that wanted to stay inside simply because they didn't want to be on the outside for various reasons. He also mentioned that as long as you obey the rules in jail/prison it can be fairly easy to serve your time.

Incidentally, my brother is now a member of the Denver chapter of Hell's Angels.

like you said unless you have been there. and the food sucks. not sure why in Alaska they had steak and lobster. but sure as hell I didn't.

semp

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2022, 09:22:05 PM »
Seems to me that the discussion is mute. The Judicial System worked. 12 Jurors convicted and sentenced the offender. I don't agree with the decision; but I respect the process.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.