Author Topic: How many do you have to kill?  (Read 2377 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
How many do you have to kill?
« on: October 13, 2022, 07:35:29 PM »
 Nicholas Cruz shot and killed 17 people. If there ever was a case for someone to be executed after killing unarmed civilians, this is the one. All of these murders occurred on a school ground which is a gun free zone. So, my question is how many you have to kill before you earn the death penalty?
AkCaine

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: How many do you have to kill?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 08:40:07 PM »
didn't a guy killed a couple, shed some tears and went home?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 08:55:40 PM »
Nicholas Cruz shot and killed 17 people. If there ever was a case for someone to be executed after killing unarmed civilians, this is the one. All of these murders occurred on a school ground which is a gun free zone. So, my question is how many you have to kill before you earn the death penalty?

If it was you, would you prefer death or living some 50 or so years in prison?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 09:24:37 PM »
If it was you, would you prefer death or living some 50 or so years in prison?

You will rarely find a death row inmate who chooses death over life imprisonment.  It happens occasionally, but most people want to hang on as long as they can.  No matter where they're residing.

As a young lawyer (yes, I know, way back when), I was surprised to see how many people are quite comfortable in prison.

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 09:49:52 PM »

You will rarely find a death row inmate who chooses death over life imprisonment.  It happens occasionally, but most people want to hang on as long as they can.  No matter where they're residing.

As a young lawyer (yes, I know, way back when), I was surprised to see how many people are quite comfortable in prison.

- oldman

comfortable in prison? not even close. 

semp

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 09:54:59 PM »

- oldman

I would say he is going to be a butt boy.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 10:19:30 PM »
comfortable in prison? not even close. 

semp

Some people prefer the regimented lifestyle behind bars.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 10:46:11 PM »
Some people prefer the regimented lifestyle behind bars.

some, most would rather not be there.  from the really bad food to if a guard don't like you to nobody likes you.

semp

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 07:05:46 AM »
Shooting and killing 17 people shouldnt even have the option of life in prison. The only punishment available should be immediate execution.

Same for people that murder someone and claim they are retarded and shouldnt be punished. If a retard kills someone, they are just as guilty as someone that is not retarded. And mentally insane is the same as mentally retarded.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 07:28:35 AM »
If that doesn't get the death penalty nothing will...

Brain dead jurors bought the drunk mother while pregnant brain damage bs and voted for life

The victims families are very upset

The world is a sheet show these days...1 hour of news proves that daily

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2022, 08:20:27 AM »
When my father owned a dairy, we kept a loaded rifle to shoot coyotes or dogs that went after our cows or calf's. It was our job and lively hood to care and protect the herd. I don't hate dogs as long as they don't harm the herd but when they do, they must be destroyed. The same goes for society as long as you don't harm someone live in peace, when you kill a member justice must be harsh and fatal to the offender! :cheers:
AkCaine

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2022, 08:26:02 AM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2022, 08:29:16 AM »
Yep its going to get bad here. Criminals are not allowed to be punished for their crimes. I can not say anything more because the certain select few people here will report me for speaking the truth
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2022, 08:54:39 AM »
There's an argument to be made for releasing non-violent offenders, but of course they took that simple concept and the next thing you know they are releasing criminals awaiting trial with no bail who pistol-whip women on the subway, then releasing them aGAIN so they can murder people
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 10:32:57 AM »
My personal opinion is the parkland shooter should be put down. Given the system we have in place that means year upon years of expensive to tax payer appeals before the sentence is executed. That also allows the appeals to end up reducing the time in prison depending on judges who are also "liberal activists". Why this guy got life without parole, I do not know. I assume since the families are upset that there was a death penalty option but do not know the instructions given to the jurors.

For me, I have found that true evil does exist in this world and the only way to conclusively protect the society from an identified evil person such as this shooter is to remove him from existence. There is a 100% chance that he will not re-offend or endanger anyone in that case. Every other sentence option cannot maintain the same claim. When in custody, escape is always a possibility, as is sentence reduction / parole / pardon even for life without parole. Governors and presidents do stupid things at times at the end of their term.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown