Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 8044 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Dreams
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2023, 12:44:00 PM »
natoma, Bishop base layout complete, first draft.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2023, 04:56:07 PM »
Cool!

Tampa needs a VH..small airbase all the better

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2023, 04:58:41 PM »
Cool map Kenai

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2023, 09:53:58 PM »
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. The hard part is trying to keep everything balanced as much as possible. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2023, 12:13:24 PM »
NATOMA map3, Bishop and Knight bases set first draft.

Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2023, 01:00:58 PM »
Oh this is coming together really nice. Eight task groups each! This will be a fun map lol

Kenai do you have any idea when some of the Baltic and NDisles changes will be uploaded to the MA. Saw ND last for the first time in a while but it was the old version. It’s probably gone by now since it doesn’t last long. One of my faves too.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2023, 01:24:14 PM »
Oh this is coming together really nice. Eight task groups each! This will be a fun map lol

Kenai do you have any idea when some of the Baltic and NDisles changes will be uploaded to the MA. Saw ND last for the first time in a while but it was the old version. It’s probably gone by now since it doesn’t last long. One of my faves too.

I have submitted an updated version of NDISLES to Hitech, hopefully it will be in rotation soon. I had a updated version of Baltic almost completed but some how I corrupted the file and lost everything (failed to have back ups :( ), hopefully I'll get started on it again soon. BTW we just rolled ndisles, Northco is up now.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2023, 04:00:37 PM »
I have submitted an updated version of NDISLES to Hitech, hopefully it will be in rotation soon. I had a updated version of Baltic almost completed but some how I corrupted the file and lost everything (failed to have back ups :( ), hopefully I'll get started on it again soon. BTW we just rolled ndisles, Northco is up now.

Oh dang well good luck hope you can get back to it. That one is my all time fave always. For me I think pound for pound it has the best parity and battles.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2023, 03:08:05 PM »
Working on the Rook base layout........ Map 4
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2023, 07:13:53 PM »
Feel like I’m the only one here but I’m excited lol. Maybe make the strats a little less accessible? Had a bit of a buzzsaw feel  :bolt:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2023, 01:55:40 PM »
I like the closeness of bases

Too bad something that has to be captured to win the map can't be just west of the Great lakes possibly keeping all 3 sides engaged closely for that winning requirement

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2023, 02:41:34 PM »
Moved some Strats around, all the bases are set first draft. Open to suggestions, or complaints. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2023, 01:20:05 PM »
Moved some Strats around, all the bases are set first draft. Open to suggestions, or complaints. :D

Enjoying the evolution so far thank you for doing this Kenai :salute

My only notes are maybe a few more vbases mixed in on the front lines instead of air fields. I also don’t think strats should be no less than 3-4 sectors from the starting front lines. I just feel if they are closer it devalues their importance somewhat. Yes you can resup I know lol it’s just my opinion.

That said if you rotated the bases 45 degrees to the left you could have an HQ in Texas where the game was born and still satisfy my rule.

Would totally play it now as too is let’s go!  :rock

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2023, 03:47:03 PM »
Enjoying the evolution so far thank you for doing this Kenai :salute

My only notes are maybe a few more vbases mixed in on the front lines instead of air fields. I also don’t think strats should be no less than 3-4 sectors from the starting front lines. I just feel if they are closer it devalues their importance somewhat. Yes you can resup I know lol it’s just my opinion.

That said if you rotated the bases 45 degrees to the left you could have an HQ in Texas where the game was born and still satisfy my rule.

Would totally play it now as too is let’s go!  :rock

Moving the strats farther from the borders, puts them closer to the coast. With the 16" guns the BB's will reach well inland, or course that might be better than having bombers over them all the time. I'll see what I can do to move them farther from the borders.

Adding more Vbases is possible, however remember Air Bases have VH hangers as well, and the availability of Aircraft keeps the flyboys happy. :)  I had installed a large number of Vbases on the ETOMA map initially, and Hitech pushed back on it for that reason.

I appreciate you taking the time to look at the map and provide me with your feedback
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2023, 04:40:51 PM »
Moving the strats farther from the borders, puts them closer to the coast. With the 16" guns the BB's will reach well inland, or course that might be better than having bombers over them all the time. I'll see what I can do to move them farther from the borders.

Adding more Vbases is possible, however remember Air Bases have VH hangers as well, and the availability of Aircraft keeps the flyboys happy. :)  I had installed a large number of Vbases on the ETOMA map initially, and Hitech pushed back on it for that reason.

I appreciate you taking the time to look at the map and provide me with your feedback

Ahh I see, good points.  Wonder why you got the pushback. Will there be any high alt mountain air bases for each side?

I’m going to stick to my guns that an HQ should be in Texas lol