Author Topic: Nightmares  (Read 2842 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Nightmares
« on: December 14, 2022, 08:37:35 AM »
Some small maps
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Nightmares
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 09:05:52 AM »
Have you uploaded these yet? I looked at Crag the other day, looks awesome to me. Send it to Hitech, he seems to be pretty receptive for new maps. I sent him my 3points map Monday. He said he'd try to get it up soon.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 02:35:19 PM »
I really like all 3 of the maps. These are certainly much better suited for the current #s, especially during off ours. Would love to replace these with BowlMA, CraterMA, and Buzzsaw. I think it would actually make a huge difference.

Thanks for making these!  :salute

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 06:17:00 PM »
I would give body parts to be rid of Buzzsaw
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 12:38:05 PM »
Northco modified to include ships.  There were complaints...  :D  Also, some spawns modified to make it more competitive.

Improvement or keep it the same?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 02:51:21 PM »
Northco modified to include ships.  There were complaints...  :D  Also, some spawns modified to make it more competitive.

Improvement or keep it the same?

Like it.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 03:06:29 PM »
Nice! :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 05:24:42 PM »
Yet another "compact" map.  Bases range from 100ft to 5000ft.  All the center island and small island bases, and medium field bases are "no town" type.  Still a lot of work to do.  Comments?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2023, 05:56:12 PM »
Yet another "compact" map.  Bases range from 100ft to 5000ft.  All the center island and small island bases, and medium field bases are "no town" type.  Still a lot of work to do.  Comments?

Like this one especially if you make some of the bases high alts for buffs.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2023, 10:03:12 AM »

That does look pretty compact. I think it could use a few more medium bases, but wouldnt use "no town" type ones. I think the no town type bases are too easy to take and would make for a map that gets rolled quick. Turn 45,65,29,17,85,and 98 into medium fields with towns to slow them down a bit. Maybe change a few on the main island ones to town types as well or that island is always going to belong to one team in minutes after it is loaded during off hours.

Even as it is, I love new maps!!! Thanks Kong!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2023, 11:53:06 AM »
Rev. 2

Changed some fields to Medium (with town), and changed the three center fields to Large (no town).  With 25 auto ack, no spawns, and surrounding fields for defense, I don't think they will be too easy to capture.

Thanks for having a look.   :salute
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 12:49:37 PM »
 :aok

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2023, 04:32:44 PM »
Feels like the island may be overkill. I like the small fields around the edge but you could lose the middle bases. Maybe even make one small field for each a vbase

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2023, 12:53:59 AM »
Some quick thoughts:

- For my personal liking, this is way too crowded, but that's probably just me
- I would just erase the central island, so that CVs are getting some room to maneuver.
- I wonder if it would be possible to disable Me 163s on this map. It's less than 12 miles from what I think will be the Komet base to the factories. This greatly discourages bombing of factories, as it makes deadly intercepts extremely easy and without real need of "watching" the map to get into position in time. And mind you, this is coming from the most prolific Komet driver of this day & age  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2023, 08:31:27 AM »
Some quick thoughts:

- For my personal liking, this is way too crowded, but that's probably just me
- I would just erase the central island, so that CVs are getting some room to maneuver.
- I wonder if it would be possible to disable Me 163s on this map. It's less than 12 miles from what I think will be the Komet base to the factories. This greatly discourages bombing of factories, as it makes deadly intercepts extremely easy and without real need of "watching" the map to get into position in time. And mind you, this is coming from the most prolific Komet driver of this day & age  :old:

Snailman, would love to see a film of your bomber intercepts, especially on the ME-163. BTW any aircraft or gv can be disabled, by base ID, or it can be disabled for the entire map. The decision is with map maker, and of course Hitech's approval.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76