Author Topic: Help with Ministick View problem  (Read 377 times)

Offline Notar

• Zinc Member
Help with Ministick View problem
« on: January 22, 2023, 12:19:47 PM »
Hello, I Just got a new Virpil joystick with a ministick on it. I've been trying to set it up for view mode to look behind, left, right etc... the game see's the stick but when I try to set it to view mode I don't get options to use it as such. Any help would be
greatly appreciated..( I also have a minstick on my throttle but same results)
Thank you,

NoTaR 

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Re: Help with Ministick View problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 04:43:09 PM »
I got no solution, but I jump in cuz I would like to know the same. Got my Virpil stick ordered.

For the 4 way hat you can set it as a 8 way hat in the software they said on there forum.
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 04:50:32 PM »
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 05:36:34 PM »
Don't think you need the virpil software to do this actually. If AH sees the two axii of the mini stick you can set commands along their travel. Look in the clipboard under map controllers. Select your stick. There will be a list that shows the axii first, then the buttons. Operate the mini stick so you know which axii you're looking for. Now scroll way down the list tho find it again with spots for low, mid and high. It's centered so mid should be highlighted in green. Want to program left? Move the mini stick left, that axis will highlight either low or high. Double click it, a dialog box will come up with all the AH commands. Find what you want to map to that pisition, click it, click OK. It's mapped. Lather, rinse, repeat for the others.

FWIW I have a VKB stick. Software for that is a PITA too.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 06:59:12 PM »
I dont believe that you can use an axis as a view. You can use it to modify a view as in slide left, move forward, move right and so on but it is only in that view.

The view system is a button push set up. push 4 to look left 6 to look right and so on.

Offline Notar

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 07:31:22 PM »
Drano !!! that was it Thank you.. Help is greatly appreciated...

<S> NoTaR

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 08:32:04 PM »
Fugi it's not using the axis as a view directly, it's mapping the points along the axis to commands, in this case a view. Look further down the list for your stick in map controllers. You could map three points, low/mid / high, on every axis you have. Sticks like his Virpil and my VKB MCG-Pro have more axii on the grip itself (not just buttons) in addition to the x and y on the base. Bunch of stuff you can map. Heck even one of my hats switches from an 8-way with center press to a two axis hat. I want to say the windows limit per controller is 8 axis. Think mine has 7.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 06:46:20 AM »
I did not knew the dubbel tab works with ministicks as well. This is very cool.

Sorry for the hyjack NoTar  :evil:

This has been very helpful for my future stick <S>

DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline Notar

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 11:36:51 AM »
So using Drano's guidance, I set the ministick up and I must say it was Amazing !! The ministick is very smooth and on the Virpil its very conveniently positioned by your Thumb, It feels like it will have a lot more longevity than the switchs which seem to be problematic if your constantly Checking your 6. If I didn't know any better I would say everyone in the MA is trying to Kill you.  :airplane:

NoTaR