Author Topic: If you could have one car back, which one would it be ?  (Read 5075 times)

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: If you could have one car back, which one would it be ?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 09:05:15 PM »
1994-1999 Ferrari F355. Never owned one but I think it's the most aesthetically perfect of all Ferrari's. Yes, even more so than the GTO, Dino, F40, or Testarossa.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2023, 09:14:51 PM »
I have owned a bunch, and have pictures of NONE of them. Owned a bunch of hoopdees along with these:
1964 Corvette

Stingray!  My very favorite car ever, except for the 1972 Monte Carlo and, of course, the 1966 GTO.  What did you have for a motor and transmission?

- oldman

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2023, 09:37:53 PM »
I miss my Saab 9-3s.  Solid, comfortable cars but fun to drive with 6 speed manual and turbo.   Here is my 2007 at the Stonehenge Memorial in Oregon, 2018. 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2023, 10:14:30 PM »
1971 duster, my first car

aemp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2023, 12:07:59 AM »
1971 duster, my first car

aemp

My first car was a ‘72 Duster, Basin St Blue, Semp.   225 slant six.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2023, 10:24:47 AM »
For purely sentimental reasons I'd like to have my first car, a 61 Dodge Lancer 4 door. It wasn't anything special just a grocery getter from Dodge and only made for 2 years but it was the car I learned to really work on cars with and I drove it for 4 years and about 8 or so clutches after replacing the original 170 CI slant 6 with a 225 CI slant 6 from a junk yard car.

The car I wish I had never let go was a 78 Datsun 280Z 2+2. Fast untra reliable and just fun to drive but crappy paint. Drove it for 99,900 miles.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2023, 10:39:45 AM »
73 capri with the 2.6 v6.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2023, 10:50:11 AM »
63 Ford Falcon station wagon with a 170 straight six. Back seats folded down flat, great for camping and drive in movies. As long as you didn't have a big hill to go up.  :old:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2023, 11:11:46 AM »
What did you have for a motor and transmission?

- oldman

327. Vin number showed it was originally a 4spd FI car.

The Good ? Cost $1300. Repaint in powder yellow 8 out of 10..Dark blue interior 9 out of 10.

The bad ? For some reason an automatic geared rear end, probably a 308 was installed. Made the gears really tall. Clutch didnt like starting on a hill. Like over 100mph in third. #8 was begining to go flat. Would pop thru the carb on occasion.

With an engine rebuild and swapping the rearend to a 336 posi it would have an 8 out of 10 car. Couldnt afford it. Sold it for $1800 :frown:
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2023, 11:28:14 AM »
Although all of my cars have served me more or less well, I don't want any of them back.

I bought my first car at the age of 32 or so, an Audi 100 from '82 with some half a million kilometres behind it. Had it for a couple of years, sold it with 620k in the meter. Then went to old MB's, a W124 sedan followed by a five years younger wagon and after crashing it bought a W210 facelift which got a gear box failure after a few years after which I got this current W210.

When I got my license at the age of 18 my dad had the intention of getting me an old banger to learn the basics, instead he bought a house and let me drive his Fiat 127 whenever he was abroad which happened often enough. Later I got a job as a sales rep and the company gave me a new car to drive every couple of years. Starting with a Nissan Cherry, followed by a Toyota Carina II, a Peugeot 205, a VW Golf II, a Jetta II and a Vento.

Don't miss any of them.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2023, 03:28:19 PM »
I dug around and found the only photo of one of my vehicles. The 56 F100. My first attempt at a full restoration. Had 4 weeks vacation and broke it down to a frame on wheels. Wire wheeled the frame and painted. Rebuilt the front end with steering box. My first time doing body work and paint. Lol it took months. Had the 312 rebuilt..Came with three on the tree. Traded it for the bone stock 43 jeep. Even still had blackout lights.

But the TR3 is the one I would want back...

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2023, 05:16:50 PM »
Ohhhh, that's nice!

I dug around and found the only photo of one of my vehicles. The 56 F100. My first attempt at a full restoration. Had 4 weeks vacation and broke it down to a frame on wheels. Wire wheeled the frame and painted. Rebuilt the front end with steering box. My first time doing body work and paint. Lol it took months. Had the 312 rebuilt..Came with three on the tree. Traded it for the bone stock 43 jeep. Even still had blackout lights.

But the TR3 is the one I would want back...

(Image removed from quote.)
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2023, 06:21:48 PM »
lol.

that figures.

What figures?  :)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2023, 04:12:47 PM »
I dug around and found the only photo of one of my vehicles. The 56 F100. My first attempt at a full restoration.

Nice. I've always been fond of Ford's thick noses.