Author Topic: Home defense. What' you have ?  (Read 6274 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Home defense. What' you have ?
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2023, 08:51:30 AM »
Magazines loaded with ammo...piles of them

I did see where you should not store them loaded like that unless they have a dust cover on the top odmf them

Anyone know that to be true or just an ad for the dust covers?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2023, 09:57:24 AM »
Depends on where you are storing them. If it is a significant dust or debris area then yeah the dust cover makes sense. If it is inside a safe or even in a closed drawer no reason to have one. I have magazines that have been loaded for multiple years and no issue with anything clogging them up.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2023, 03:40:15 PM »
Son picked up an AK last weekend and a ton of ammo and clips with a 100 round drum

First time handling one

They seem rugged but primitive compared to his other modern assault rifles

If things went wonky his gun safe would be our 1st stop as my 9mm wouldn't be enough

Eagler

Most AKs are spray n pray with any distance.

Magazines stored properly need no cover. Compression may be an issue for long periods of time and create feed issues.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 03:42:33 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2023, 06:04:26 PM »
Most AKs are spray n pray with any distance.

Magazines stored properly need no cover. Compression may be an issue for long periods of time and create feed issues.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2023, 03:40:10 PM »
A battlefield blinding laser.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2023, 06:01:18 PM »
Mossburg 500 pistol grip and a 92fs.  Got them about six weeks ago and, as I haven't actively shot in 30 years, I've spent that time familiarizing myself with the operation and safe handling until now (snap caps during the day.  Live ordinance at night).  Next weekend I have an appointment with a local range master to help me touch up technique and handling.  A month later (after 5 weeks on the range every Saturday practicing with live ordinance) I have a friend of mine coming in to put me through a weekend of combat training. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute