Author Topic: Suggestion to Dale  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Suggestion to Dale
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2023, 04:13:52 PM »
Why you worried about where I am??

Obviously it must be better here... than over there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2023, 04:33:25 PM »
I'm not taking anything personal, it just seems you are missing the point I'm trying to make.

I'm not trying to sell you on DCS.  I don't give a flip what you fly.  Besides, I'd imagine most here would find IL2 a closer fit anyway.

If those have relevance in this conversation, it is to show DCS makes plenty of sales so people still like flightsims.  And IL2 makes plenty of sales so people are not turned off by WWII.

So the question is, why do you think there aren't 600 players in the arena anymore? Why can't AH attract new players?  New.  Not recycling previous old players over and over.     

Because they didn't have your promo video?  There have been guys posting great AH videos and tutorials for a decade.  You borrowed some of their video so you should know.  How much of an effect has that had?

HT has stated himself is trial conversion rate is running "around" 1% which could be on the under of that.  Why can't the trials not convert more than 1%?

I'm stuck with the only remaining thought of why you're here. If anyone read your and Richard's post they probably wouldn't join up. Ya both seem to tag team each other on here, in many post. Is that the intent? You make it so unappetizing and the other games, that are also lacking, more appetizing. It's just a very distinct pattern. Ya can't say you're not selling when that's all you talk about. <shrug> :)

Dale has no control of who likes or dislikes the game. And to know what's wrong you must know what is right first.....so make a list of what would be right.

I'm sure when AH dies, just like AW, people will find their own liking. And if there's not a fun MA, their mileage will vary. We know what the problems are here. Numbers have actually come up.

And yes, other videos are not put in peoples face, they just sit there on youtube waiting for a visitor, or a search to get them there. It's not like they are actually posting them any other place for promo. I'm not saying it's THE answer, I'm saying at least make an effort, since HT isn't. Things have changed since the bigger crowd left......they may want to know about it.

We'll fly here until we can't. We have a good MA, despite it's player issues.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 04:37:10 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2023, 04:40:42 PM »
I'm stuck with the only remaining thought of why you're here. If anyone read your and Richard's post they probably wouldn't join up. Ya both seem to tag team each other on here, in many post. Is that the intent? You make it so unappetizing and the other games, that are also lacking, more appetizing. It's just a very distinct pattern. Ya can't say you're not selling when that's all you talk about. <shrug> :)

Yeah, Trips has nothing better to do than continually scream about how bad the game is and how there's no development and how people are 'blind' to the problem (yet that's far from the truth).

While I think blatantly advertising other games is sorta in poor taste, at least Darkwood plays the game and also promotes AH via streaming and his squad creates AH videos, etc.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2023, 04:51:47 PM »

LoL. Nevermind.  You are denser than I thought. 

You deflect in any direction other that the core question.  I guess ad hominem is easier for you.

Good luck with your promo video thing.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 05:09:10 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2023, 05:12:32 PM »
Obviously it must be better here... than over there.

I'm everywhere
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2023, 05:14:24 PM »
Max has a point

Even after much time in fighter ace switching to AH was a difficult time

It took FA going into the toilet to motivate me to spend the time needed

I still super sucked for years but stuck with it

I don't think many have the desire to make such a commitment these days when there are cheaper/free and easier ways for them to get a a2a fix

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2023, 05:23:23 PM »
I don't think many have the desire to make such a commitment these days when there are cheaper/free and easier ways for them to get a a2a fix

Do you think DCS or IL2 has less complexity than AH?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2023, 05:30:11 PM »
LoL. Nevermind.  You are denser than I thought. 

You deflect in any direction other that the core question.  I guess ad hominem is easier for you.

Good luck with your promo video thing.

Just because I don't follow your banter, doesn't mean I'm dense. You really do come off as trying to deter people from staying here. Pretty much why you're on the edge of personal attacks when I talk about it. It's a tell. If you hate the game that much, don't have any ideas or answers, nothing but questions we all know the answers to,....why are you even here? The only thing that makes sense is as I stated. Anti-AH, Anti-HT, Anti-promo. You sem to not want the game to succeed again. Why? Translated: If ya don't listen to my negative banter you're dense and hominem, leave this game ya damn fool". This typical when someone is called out to answer to their patterns. You just deflected from that subject with attacking my mentality. Very common tactic.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2023, 05:39:50 PM »
Do you think DCS or IL2 has less complexity than AH?

They both have poor FM issues, AH FM is more realistic. They both have no real MA worth talking about, DCS has sighting issues and is a money pit. Complexity? No,... other issues, yep, I do. They only have better terrain and damage model graphics. Everything else, like skins and buildings, looks the same as AH.

This game is more fun hands down, that is widely known, despite HT absence. That's why are numbers are coming up with former members. They tried that stuff, they came back to what is actually fun adrenaline MA. <shrug>

Ya know what I'm going to do? The same thing you're doing, except there.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2023, 05:43:10 PM »
I have the free download with the free 51 in DCS. I watched a thirty minute vidio on starting, taking off and landing.

I gotta admit, for a rivit counter it has to be nirvana. The MS Corsair is the same. Every button or lever is used to fly. Watched that vidio also.

I lost interest while configuring the hotas along with views.

Fired up AH and took off with "auto" take off,  and went to get in fights. Good times.

To say AH is hard when a person first starts out is true. DCS is hard on a completly different level.

I'm for the fight with a good FM. I don't count rivits.

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2023, 05:51:13 PM »
Just because I don't follow your banter, doesn't mean I'm dense. You really do come off as trying to deter people from staying here. Pretty much why you're on the edge of personal attacks when I talk about it. It's a tell. If you hate the game that much, don't have any ideas or answers, nothing but questions we all know the answers to,....why are you even here? The only thing that makes sense is as I stated. Anti-AH, Anti-HT, Anti-promo. You sem to not want the game to succeed again. Why? Translated: If ya don't listen to my negative banter you're dense and hominem, leave this game ya damn fool". This typical when someone is called out to answer to their patterns. You just deflected from that subject with attacking my mentality. Very common tactic.

Yep.  Much denser than I thought. 

What have I said that was anti AH?  Because I acknowledge it has problems that are keeping it from gaining new players?  Does it help AH to ignore those?  If we all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya, will that put more players in the arena?

What have I said that was anti-HT?  All I said was I probably understood his decision to stop development on AH if the kinda things that really might make a difference aren't feasible, and the hardcore are going to stay no matter what.  I'm saying I'm essentially agreeing with the New Years message.  Keep it running.  Release skin batches.  I believe the remaining population is stable.  I remaining attrition will be from natural causes.  I even tried to get him a pay raise: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,406845.0.html

What have I said that is anti-your promo video?  Because I'm not blowing sunshine up your skirt telling you it's going to turn the tide?  I said I liked your video.  Jeezus you are needy.  Now, I might think going around stealing other peoples creative content without asking them first is kinda bad form, but that is between you and them.  If you just had fun doing it, that's cool.  It's fun to just sometimes make stuff for the joy of it.  I just think it is not going to make any difference. 

There are more fundamental problems making this game unappealing to the current gaming market.  A promo video is not going to fix that.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 06:05:04 PM by CptTrips »

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2023, 05:54:25 PM »
They both have poor FM issues, AH FM is more realistic. They both have no real MA worth talking about, DCS has sighting issues and is a money pit. Complexity? No,... other issues, yep, I do. They only have better terrain and damage model graphics. Everything else, like skins and buildings, looks the same as AH.

The maps in DCS are ten times the size of the entire aces high game itself, hell all three aces high versions.

There's only max seventy people in one server. There are several of those servers on just about every continent on the planet. To compare aces high to DCS is an embarrassment as DCS has way more going on in terms of detail and flight modeling. That being said there are a few modules that are crackheadish and the flight model is garbage. The learning curve for DCS is way higher than aces high.

The only difference is that those seventy people are all fighting each other on a huge map. Unlike in aces high where you have a huge map, and everyone goes and does whatever wherever.

then come on this BB and complain there are no fights. Sound about, right? Maybe less NOE base captures.

What happened to the days when we would fight for six to eight hours over one airfield???

I play both games, DCS and aces high. I play one more than the other. In one game people runaway when they lose the upper hand and in the other, they battle until they cannot battle anymore.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2023, 05:59:30 PM »

I'm merely pointing out that complexity in a flightsim is not necessarily a dealbreaker.  If they are interested, people will figure stuff out.

So AH's moderate complexity is probably not the core issue since DCS and IL2 have plenty of complexity and yet find paying customers.

On a complexity scale WT is obviously on the bottom.  Then AH, then IL2 and DCS can be just crazy. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 06:03:31 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2023, 06:18:43 PM »
DCS Prices. Now they must be having problems because last I looked here, you didn't have to buy anything at 100% the first time for discount,.. things were slashed 30-80%. That's not a good sign.,...indicator.
Regardless,.. it's a money pit
Steam Prices
$49.99
DCS: Mi-24P HIND
$69.99
DCS: MiG-15Bis
$49.99
DCS: MiG-19P Farmer
$49.99
DCS: MiG-21Bis
$49.99
DCS: Mirage F1
$63.99
MiG-29 for DCS World
$14.99
DCS: Mosquito FB VI
$49.99
DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt
$49.99
DCS: P-51D Mustang
$49.99
DCS: SA342 Gazelle
$49.99
DCS: Spitfire LF Mk IX
$49.99
Su-25 for DCS World
$14.99
Su-27 for DCS World
$14.99
Su-33 for DCS World
$14.99
DCS: UH-1H Huey
$49.99
DCS: Yak-52
$39.99
DCS: The Channel
$39.99
DCS: Marianas
Free
DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map
$49.99
DCS: Normandy 1944 Map
$44.99
DCS: Combined Arms
$39.99
DCS: World War II Assets Pack
$29.99
DCS: Persian Gulf
$49.99
DCS: Syria
$59.99
A-10C: Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification Campaign
$9.99
A-10C: Basic Flight Training Campaign
$9.99
DCS: A-10C Warthog - The Enemy Within 3.0 Campaign
$9.99
DCS: A-10C II Iron Flag Part 1 Campaign
$10.99
DCS: A-10C Operation Agile Spear Campaign
$12.99
DCS: A-10C II Operation Persian Freedom Campaign
$12.99
A-10C: Red Flag Campaign
$9.99
A-10C: Stone Shield Campaign
$9.99
A-10C: Tactical Training Qualification Campaign
$9.99
DCS: AV-8B Hormuz Freedom Campaign
$10.99
DCS: AV-8B Sky Warrior Campaign
$9.99
DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst - Jagdflieger Campaign
$9.99
Black Shark 2: Republic Campaign
$9.99
DCS: Combined Arms Frontlines Georgia Campaign
$9.99
DCS: F-14A Fear the Bones Campaign
$11.99
DCS: F-14A Zone 5 Campaign
$13.99
DCS: F-14B Speed and Angels Campaign
$14.99
DCS: F-14B Operation Sandworm Campaign
$9.99
F-15C: Aggressors BFM Campaign
$9.99
F-15C: The Georgian War Campaign
$9.99
F-15C: Red Flag Campaign
$9.99
DCS: F-16C Red Flag 21-1 Campaign
$9.99
F-5E: Aggressors Air Combat Maneuver Campaign
$9.99
F-5E: Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers Campaign
$9.99
DCS: F-5E Black Sea Resolve '79 Campaign
$12.99
DCS: F-86F Sabre Hunters Over the Yalu Campaign
$9.99
F/A-18C: Aggressors BFM Campaign
$9.99
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet The Serpent's Head 2 Campaign
$9.99
DCS: F/A-18C Operation Cerberus North
$13.99
DCS: F/A-18C Operation Pontus Campaign
$12.99
DCS: F/A-18C Rise of the Persian Lion Campaign
$10.99
DCS: F/A-18C Rise of the Persian Lion II Campaign
$10.99
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Raven One Сampaign
$13.99
DCS: F/A-18C Raven One: Dominant Fury Campaign
$16.99
DCS: F/A-18C Rising Squall Campaign
$19.99
DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Horrido! Campaign
$9.99
DCS: Black Shark 2 Pandemic Campaign
$12.99
DCS: L-39 Albatros - Kursant Campaign
$9.99
DCS: MAD Campaign
$10.99
DCS: MAD AH-64D Campaign
$13.99
DCS: MAD JF-17 Thunder Campaign
$8.99
DCS: M-2000C - Red Flag Campaign
$11.99
The Museum Relic Campaign
$9.99
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 and Ka-50 Memory of a Hero Campaign
$9.99
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Crew Part 1 Campaign
$12.99
Mi-8MTV2: Oilfield Campaign
$9.99
Mi-8MTV2: The Border Campaign
$9.99
DCS: MiG-21bis Battle of Krasnodar Campaign
$12.99
DCS: MiG-21bis Constant Peg Campaign
$9.99
DCS: P-47D Wolfpack Campaign
$9.99
DCS: P-51D Mustang - Operation Charnwood Campaign
$9.99
P-51D: High Stakes Campaign
$9.99
DCS: P-51D Mustang Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign
$9.99
DCS: Spitfire Beware! Beware! Campaign
$11.99
DCS: Spitfire LF Mk.IX The Big Show Campaign
$9.99
Spitfire: Epsom Campaign
$9.99
DCS: Spitfire Beware! Beware! Campaign
$11.99
Su-27: The Ultimate Argument Campaign
$9.99
UH-1H: Argo Campaign
$9.99
DCS: UH-1H Paradise Lost Campaign
$10.99
DCS: UH-1H Huey - Worlds Apart Spring 2025 Campaign
$11.99
DCS: NS 430 Navigation System
$10.99
DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for C-101EB
$5.99
DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for C-101СС
$5.99
DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for L-39С
$5.99
DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for Mi-8MTV2
$5.99
DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for SA342 Gazelle
$5.99
DCS: Mosquito FB IV - V for Victory Campaign Reflected Simulations
$11.99
DCS: DCS: AV-8B Kerman Campaign by Ground Pounder Sims
$13.99
DCS: F/A-18C Inherent Resolve Campaign by Looking Glass
$13.99
$3,232.80
Add all DLC to Cart
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 06:34:01 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2023, 06:25:29 PM »
I moved to IL-2, and the reason is the rest of old Loose Deuce are there now.

Planes are more complex to operate, and every plane has its own quirks (cooling, engine management etc etc)

There are a bunch of servers of there with less than 83 players max in one ( one is more scenario-style, others are more like AH with or without RPS, win the game style, one I know of is total  hardcore).

To say FM in AH is better than for example DCS - real pilots who have flown the real stuff (search youtube) can probably give you a good opinion, both DCS and IL2 are more detailed managing an airplane and punish you if you don't do it right, much like a real plane would.

Tried DCS, and as much as I like fiddling with engine controls etc, they are currently limited to a very small plane-set in WWII.

AH was always an easy and fun way to play with friends - changes in gameplay and low numbers in Euro TZ on too big maps made me leave, not the money, not the flight models.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera