Author Topic: Suggestion to Dale  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Suggestion to Dale
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2023, 06:31:02 PM »
Reviews of DCS
" love the game and the immersion it gives you in VR. I have been waiting patiently for ED to implement a better VR experience. But I cannot in good faith recommend it yet for VR users until ED sorts out the instability in VR mode. I have a very good upper spec PC and run a Reverb G2, the hit and miss loading and blue screen crashes in VR is extremely frustrating and sucks time from you that you will never get back. The Multi threading recently introduced has helped the frame rate but definitely NOT the stability. I can play all my Racing Sims, (except ACC) without issue. Which proves my hardware works well. I'm sorry ED, but I will not be spending any more money or recommending this to friends until these problems are fixed. VR is the future in flight sims and you would think it would be a priority. I shall continue to wait..... "

"I love the game generally, but I want to use more than one plane without going into debt.
Like seriously... $80 for a plane in a videogame..."

"i love dcs it is a great game but it can get very expensive
i recommend getting the flaming cliffs 3 pack when it goes on sale as it gives you 6 different planes and is only 20 pounds on sale "

"New players, remember ALL modules have a free trial period for and is available to everyone, and the 2 weeks reset every 6 months, so you can get a feel of the craft before you purchase xoxo "

"I would recommend this game, but there are certainly some strings attached. If you're considering this game, you need to know some things first: This is a very deeply researched, and accurate simulator. I'm a GA pilot in real life, and the flight models are insanely accurate. The WWII planes make me feel like I should never touch a tail-dragger.

But, you get what you pay for, and that is the biggest hurdle. My circle of friends have resorted to a 'gift system' because justifying the $60 planes and maps is getting difficult. It feels better buying it for someone else; which brings us to point number two!

If you're playing online with friends, they need to buy their own planes, they need to own the same map, and god-forbid you play with a WWII asset pack because that's $60 too. Oh, and as far as what you're gonna do? Well, you had better get used to using the in-game mission maker, because missions are another $60 DLC.

Getting a new plane in this game is followed by about three days of youtube tutorials and reading manuals like homework. After all of that, you find yourself flying your new plane and mastering it; I played with the A-10, an excellent bird, and a lot of fun to fly. What happened? I spent 90 real minutes flying to catch up with my friends in F-14s and F-16s, just in time for them to run out of fuel.

So, if you do buy this game, just know that these challenges are the caveats you have to reckon with before you can start to jump into the action. Again, this is a fun experience, and it never gets old, but you will pay: with your money, and with your time, in order to fully enjoy DCS. "

"Jet go zoom, Wallet go boom. "

I can go on, but my point was made.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2023, 06:34:45 PM »
Reviews of DCS

Dude.  You are more obsessed with DCS than anyone. 

Have you been to the AH Steam page?  You really don't want to go down that argument rabbit trail.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2023, 06:37:41 PM »
IL-2 another money pit. with a lower FM
Browse all (36)
IL-2 Sturmovik: Flying Circus - Volume II
-25%
$79.99
$59.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Spitfire Mk.XIVe with Teardrop Canopy
-20%
$19.99
$15.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Sopwith Snipe Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Normandy
$59.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Arado Ar 234 B-2 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Spitfire Mk.XIV Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Steel Birds Campaign
$9.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban
$49.00
IL-2 Sturmovik: Spitfire Mk.VB Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Hs 129 B-2 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka
$79.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: C-47A Skytrain Collector Plane
$24.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: StuG III Ausf.G Collector Vehicle
$24.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Churchill IV Collector Vehicle
$24.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Sd.Kfz. 10/5 Flak 38 Anti-Aircraft Gun
$24.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: GAZ-MM 72-K Anti-Aircraft Gun
$24.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Hurricane Mk.II Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Yak-9 Series 1 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Yak-9T Series 1 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Bodenplatte
$49.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: P-38J-25 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: P-40E-1 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Ice Ring Campaign
$9.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Flying Circus - Volume I
$79.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow
$49.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Fw 190 D-9 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Ju 52/Зm Collector Plane
$24.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Polikarpov U-2VS
$22.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: La-5FN series 2 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Bf 109 G-6 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Yak-1b Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: MC.202 Series VIII Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: La-5 Series 8 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Fw 190 A-3 Collector Plane
$19.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Blazing Steppe Campaign
$9.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Fortress on the Volga Campaign
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2023, 06:38:22 PM »

Have you been to the AH Steam page?  You really don't want to go down that argument rabbit trail.

Dude, you're becoming a vexation. I'm going to bomb those pages.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2023, 06:39:50 PM »

Sure I do. And will. Go play your game. Your ignorant comments here are annoying and obvious
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2023, 06:40:19 PM »
Dude, you're becoming a vexation. I'm going to bomb those pages.

You're kinda emotionally unstable, aren't you?  Is that what got you in so much trouble all those years?

Go take your meds.  Or at least a midol.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2023, 06:44:45 PM »
You're kinda emotionally unstable, aren't you?  Is that what got you in so much trouble all those years?

Go take your meds.  Or at least a midol.

no. you're just an idiot. Selling Horse SHT on another board,... go play your diamond dust game. You don't want to comment on the prices do you..... because it's garbage. Different audience, different game,.. you don't like it,.. great,...you made your point 120000 times. You just here to sell. You know it, everyone sees it. Just trolling around on other boards,.. that's something you'll have to deal with there, because I'm going.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2023, 06:47:00 PM »
no. you're just an idiot. Selling Horse SHT on another board,... go play your diamond dust game. You don't want to comment on the prices do you..... because it's garbage. Different audience, different game,.. you don't like it,.. great,...you made your point 120000 times. You just here to sell. You know it, everyone sees it. Just trolling around on other boards,.. that's something you'll have to deal with there, because I'm going.

OK.  Tell you what we should do.  I'll put you on ignore, and you can go off and steal some peoples creative content.   :aok

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2023, 06:55:27 PM »
I paid $50 for the Huey module. I would have paid $500.00
I paid $55 for the Apache module and I would have paid even more.
I paid $50 for the F-86 Sabre well worth more than that.
I paid $18.00 for the F-18 Hornet. It was on sale and I used miles.

There are sales all the time. Steam is not the place to make a comparison. By getting the beta version of the game you are able to trial each module for two weeks to see if you want to buy it.

I play aces high and DCS. Most of the people I used to play aces high with are now playing DCS. You can play both games.

No they do not talk about aces high on DCS forums. Because there is no comparison or competition for that matter.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2023, 07:01:25 PM »
Well if nothing else all this talk of DCS and IL and I’m going to stay here sticking with the $15. You all are welcome buy cartoon airplanes elsewhere. I don’t care, nobody should.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2023, 07:43:15 PM »
Max has a point

Even after much time in fighter ace switching to AH was a difficult time

It took FA going into the toilet to motivate me to spend the time needed

I still super sucked for years but stuck with it

I don't think many have the desire to make such a commitment these days when there are cheaper/free and easier ways for them to get a a2a fix

Eagler

Someone could sit on the runway as ghost did back in the day.. chances are their default vox settings won't work.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2023, 07:45:52 PM »
The maps in DCS are ten times the size of the entire aces high game itself, hell all three aces high versions.

There's only max seventy people in one server. There are several of those servers on just about every continent on the planet. To compare aces high to DCS is an embarrassment as DCS has way more going on in terms of detail and flight modeling. That being said there are a few modules that are crackheadish and the flight model is garbage. The learning curve for DCS is way higher than aces high.

The only difference is that those seventy people are all fighting each other on a huge map. Unlike in aces high where you have a huge map, and everyone goes and does whatever wherever.

then come on this BB and complain there are no fights. Sound about, right? Maybe less NOE base captures.

What happened to the days when we would fight for six to eight hours over one airfield???

I play both games, DCS and aces high. I play one more than the other. In one game people runaway when they lose the upper hand and in the other, they battle until they cannot battle anymore.

Where are all of these populated servers? Of the few times I was looking at DCS I didnt see them.

Most of the videos Ive watched of DCS show no more than a plane or two. Where are all these "great fights"?

Sure its pretty, but like I was telling "Frenchy" I only need to see enough of the plane to try and figure my lead, of which way to turn to avoid his shot. AH is far better even now. Good players, good fights, good game. It just needs a little TLC.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2023, 03:04:10 AM »
When I had my 2 weeks free period in DCS, I experienced the same low numbers.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2023, 05:29:59 AM »
Where are all of these populated servers? Of the few times I was looking at DCS I didnt see them.

Most of the videos Ive watched of DCS show no more than a plane or two. Where are all these "great fights"?

Sure its pretty, but like I was telling "Frenchy" I only need to see enough of the plane to try and figure my lead, of which way to turn to avoid his shot. AH is far better even now. Good players, good fights, good game. It just needs a little TLC.

If a player has an eagle dynamics account, then that person logs into the DCS webpage. Then that person selects "profile" from the top right. Once a person does that, on the left the person will notice the tab titled " server list " and click on the tab. This shows active servers and numbers of people currently playing.

Type PvP in the server list to find active servers with or without a password.

There are two top servers right now for PvP action.

One is growling sidewinders and the other is enigmas cold war.

I mostly play in Enigmas cold war because it's the best place for helo battles. There is constant air war going on in there above me EVERY time I play in there.

Both games are a lot of fun. The excitement of air-to-air combat when I first started playing flight sims is what we are all chasing. DCS takes that level of excitement to a new height for me. Most players are not wanting to do a bunch of extra work to play DCS compared to just jumping in a cartoon plane and rolling out where once you set your controls up, they are good for all aircraft.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2023, 05:31:00 AM »
When I had my 2 weeks free period in DCS, I experienced the same low numbers.

There is no free two-week period unless you are trialing an aircraft.

Try again.

CO--The Bad Guys