Author Topic: Firewall question for AH3  (Read 369 times)

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Firewall question for AH3
« on: April 05, 2023, 05:54:47 PM »
While looking at my firewall settings (allowed programs) in win10 I see three (3) listings for AcesHigh11 and three more for AcesHigh9. Is that normal? Why not only one listing for each ver. DX9 and DX11?

I've been trying to solve host connection lost and disco issue. I use the DX11 ver.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Re: Firewall question for AH3
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 05:59:16 PM »
I forgot to mention that in my Hitechcreations folder> AcesHighiii there is only one .exe folder for each version 9 and 11.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 10:13:49 AM »
Bixby,
on my allowed programs I only show AH9 one time. I use the DX9 version when I play AH. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on the subject will come along and give you a more complete answer.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 12:15:44 PM »
Thanks for responding Sik.

Interesting to know you only have the one listing. I wonder why I have three. Re-installs of AH perhaps? Hmmm...hope someone else can respond. Bizman?

Thanks again.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 01:37:12 PM »
If you're using Windows firewall, try resetting it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 03:40:05 PM »
Thanks Bizman. I will look into how to do it properly and give it a try. Not sure if I ever tried to reset it before.
Btw...any thoughts on why I have 3 references to AH3 for dx 11 and dx9 verions? in my allow settings thru firewall ?

thank you for helping.  <S>

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 10:21:57 PM »
No idea why, but in my firewall/advanced many programs have at least two references. AH3 for Dx11 and Dx9 both have two. It may be that one is an older version in which case resetting should remove that.

The resetting in itself is very easy: Simply go to Settings, search for Firewall and in the main window where it lists Domain, Private and Public networks there's a link in the bottom saying Reset to defaults.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 01:23:18 PM »
Thanks Bizman. I followed your suggestion. Now there is only one entry for AcesHigh11 in my list of allowed programs.

Now I will fly and see if lost host connections continue. Thanks again.