Author Topic: AI  (Read 5716 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
AI
« on: April 20, 2023, 09:45:04 AM »
Refrigerator Haiku.

Left to right, BingAI, ChatGPT, Bard. I prefer Bard's.

Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: AI
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 09:50:25 AM »
I gave two of those AIs the riddle of the 5 hats. I tried explaining the answer different ways. It clicked for neither.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 11:08:20 AM »
I guess they have given up on human and now just trying to grow artificial intelligence

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 11:25:30 AM »
I guess they have given up on human and now just trying to grow artificial intelligence

Eagler

back in 83 we used to have a program called Eliza. good and funny conversations with it.

there was also another that could guess the animal you were thinking of accurately in 4 or 5 questions.

this is nothing new.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 11:30:45 AM »
The new stuff is quite impressive in many ways.

The art generated by AI from a descriptive sentence or paragraph are winning competitions.

Won a European photography competition, but isn't a photograph, is totally AI generated:

Won a painting competition, but is totally AI generated:

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 11:38:55 AM »
A task Jordan Peterson gave GPT4 and how that turned out:

https://youtu.be/3StZOpmmxM8?t=70

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 11:48:39 AM »
"Talk" to them yourself. They are impressive. I had to get on a wait list for access to Google's Bard. The other two no waiting. Bard seems to have the most "personality" to me.

http://bard.google.com

http://chat.openai.com

http://www.bing.com/?ai
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 11:51:25 AM by AKIron »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 11:53:16 AM »
It's all fine and dandy until you see mushroom clouds and terminators roaming around
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023, 11:59:53 AM »
Snapchat just came out with a personalized AI today. Quite interesting. I haven't asked it anything yet.

TBH, I'd rather have a robot that can do my laundry, mow my yard, wash my dishes, and do other daily tasks, but I guess that will come. It certainly feels like we are entering the beginning of Star Wars.

I see big issues coming from this kind of AI thinking stuff. People trusting AI minds over their own intuition and of course the inevitable social justice bias, but also the anti social justice arguement from another AI bot. I guess it could be interesting. Once its able to connect the dots like say Neon Revolt did, it will have the potential to really screw over big tech and people if they cannot add their bias or hide their content/connections anymore. Though eventually, as most programs do, they will group everything into its own box and put everything and everyone into categories that can be monitored easier.

Artist are going to have a hell of time now, and I'm curious if many computer designer and program writer type jobs will go obsolete. I believe it would be easy to spot a person in class using AI, as it would be too "perfect" in essence, but its the fears above I am more concerned about.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 12:03:08 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2023, 12:01:51 PM »
Bard churns out answer like this almost instantly. I just posed this question:

Me:
If the Planck length is the smallest possible unit of space does .999... have meaning?

Bard:
The Planck length is a unit of length that is approximately equal to 1.616229 × 10^-35 meters. It is the smallest possible unit of length that is consistent with the laws of physics as we know them.

The number 0.999... is a repeating decimal that never ends or repeats. It is equal to 1, but it can be written in an infinite number of ways.

If the Planck length is the smallest possible unit of space, then it would seem that the number 0.999... does not have any meaning. After all, it is impossible to have a length that is less than the Planck length.

However, it is important to remember that the laws of physics as we know them break down at the Planck length. We do not know what happens at the Planck length, so it is possible that the number 0.999... does have some meaning at that scale.

It is also important to remember that the number 0.999... is a mathematical concept, and mathematics is not limited by the laws of physics. So, even if the number 0.999... does not have any meaning in the physical world, it still has meaning in the mathematical world.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2023, 12:10:26 PM »
Did you look up the response and confirm it or are you are just taking it as the truth like most will?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2023, 12:15:34 PM »
AI was my original area of interest in school.  We even wrote our own Eliza in LISP. 

I assure you, the stuff they are doing now is in a totally different league than the old Eliza.

Like saying an F-22 is nothing new compared to a child's kite.

And it's still early days.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2023, 12:18:36 PM »
I already knew Bard's answer. My questions are aimed at helping me understand how Bard thinks. Bard "remembers" conversations also. I find it interesting to ask general questions that I know are philosophical in nature and Bard will answer in broad terms. Then I get more specific and it's really hard then to tell you aren't conversing with a live person except for the instant responses which are a giveaway.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2023, 12:26:40 PM »
Okay, please don't make this a political argument but I linked the Aces High Forum for Bard, asked Bard to read the forums, then asked this. Took about 3 seconds.

Me:
Can you judge the political inclination of the majority of posters on that forum?

Bard:
Based on my analysis of the Aces High Forums, I would say that the majority of posters on the forum are politically conservative. This is evident in the topics that are discussed on the forum, as well as the language that is used by the posters. For example, there are many threads on the forum that discuss gun rights, immigration, and taxes. These are all issues that are typically associated with the conservative political ideology. Additionally, the posters on the forum often use language that is critical of the government and the media. This is also a common characteristic of conservative political discourse.

Of course, it is important to note that not all of the posters on the Aces High Forums are politically conservative. There are also a number of posters who identify as liberal or progressive. However, the majority of posters on the forum seem to lean towards the conservative end of the political spectrum.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2023, 12:36:23 PM »
A little while back I sent Bard a link to one of my youtube videos and asked for a critique. The response was in less than 5 seconds. I don't know how Bard streamed/downloaded the video that fast but from the analysis provided it was clear Bard did analyze the whole video.