Author Topic: What is the highest kill count by a player in a sortie?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
What is the highest kill count by a player in a sortie?
« on: May 27, 2023, 01:39:19 PM »
Asking for a friend :bolt:

Also this might be a question for Snailman..
What is the highest kill count by a player in a tour?
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: What is the highest kill count by a player in a sortie?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 02:16:39 PM »
Asking for a friend :bolt:

Also this might be a question for Snailman..
What is the highest kill count by a player in a tour?

I think it was 99 by Grizz in a 262. As for Tour, not sure there. Could be more by a tank player in a single sortie too, but im not sure.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 03:15:13 PM »
I think it was 99 by Grizz in a 262. As for Tour, not sure there. Could be more by a tank player in a single sortie too, but im not sure.

Fester & Leviathan (Levi) might have topped that IIRC

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 03:32:58 PM »
Over/under on how many resups to get 99 in a 262?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 03:40:45 PM »
Supposedly Levi had a 50 kill run in the P40B/C
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2023, 04:21:00 PM »
I remember in the last year I was absolutely fed up with ridiculous ENY issues that was plaguing the game. I was upping bombers and immediately bailing on the runway for a solid 20 minutes. Gave up over 100 kills to Hoagi and airjer each. That shouldn't count but a kill is a kill right?  :x :aok
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2023, 04:28:46 PM »
Legit flying and killing I've seen over 100 (maybe close to 150). In the early days it was a very target rich environment. You could simply patrol the route from rear enemy fields to hotspots and clean up.  Personally I did a few 40 kill runs in the early typhoon (before the roll rate was fixed).

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2023, 08:39:09 PM »
I saw Hooter land 200 kills with a Panther, back when we had the Trinity map. GS had a similar number with a Tiger 2 same location. The spawn near v base 134.

:old:
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2023, 10:19:58 PM »
I saw Hooter land 200 kills with a Panther, back when we had the Trinity map. GS had a similar number with a Tiger 2 same location. The spawn near v base 134.

Thats nothing.
Watch JMFJ land 300 in a tiger.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2023, 11:03:49 PM »
Thats nothing.
wow

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2023, 09:09:46 AM »
Thats nothing.

Are these MA kills? Feels like that would be an impossibility today. People (people like merv) up Lancaster formations anytime a gv hits three kills.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2023, 09:29:55 AM »
Are these MA kills? Feels like that would be an impossibility today. People (people like merv) up Lancaster formations anytime a gv hits three kills.
Tank town days of old were wild. Also maps like trinity (and there was another one with a spawn fight in the east side of the map) provided days on end of constant gv fights. Also back then the Tiger was essentially unkillable, only other tanks were Panzer and T-34/76.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2023, 09:41:20 AM »
Tank town days of old were wild. Also maps like trinity (and there was another one with a spawn fight in the east side of the map) provided days on end of constant gv fights. Also back then the Tiger was essentially unkillable, only other tanks were Panzer and T-34/76.

I do remember those days when the tiger could absorb anything. I forget how few tank variations  there were compared to now.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2023, 10:18:03 AM »

Thats nothing.

Impressive amount of ammo in those tanks.