Author Topic: Nascar in Chicago  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Nascar in Chicago
« on: June 21, 2023, 10:12:25 AM »
Nascar in Chicago, will be working production.
Crew: 300
42 day setup, televised production, load-out
24/7 work - 12 hr shifts
1/3 of the city

Even repaved the streets for racing.

Gonna be a blast.

There’s profit in chaos :)
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Nascar in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 12:13:28 PM »
Glad I am not working that one, ha! Gonna be wild since everything is bascially new there. Should be a pretty entertaining race though. I have Richmond end of July, Watkins Glen, and Daytona races coming in August, so it's gonn be a tough 2 months for me on that end. Actually wish I was in Watkins Glen this weekend for the IMSA race. Definitely a lot of fun to watch those super cars. It's never easy with racing as you don't have these events come thru every weekend so planning and forecasting is quite tough.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 01:28:58 PM »
Glad I am not working that one, ha! Gonna be wild since everything is bascially new there. Should be a pretty entertaining race though. I have Richmond end of July, Watkins Glen, and Daytona races coming in August, so it's gonn be a tough 2 months for me on that end. Actually wish I was in Watkins Glen this weekend for the IMSA race. Definitely a lot of fun to watch those super cars. It's never easy with racing as you don't have these events come thru every weekend so planning and forecasting is quite tough.

EVERYTHING IS NEW. They even put in leather (or simulated) covered padded park benches (perfect for homeless. <blank stare> many million investment,

You prolly don’t want to work this one, traffic will be full blown disaster, every hotel will be full. its over the 4th, 2 million show up for fireworks alone. Its going to be a sardine can. Great for those who like that. I’ll need a week off totally away from people.

As soon as those two are over ee go straight into lollapalooza 2023.

Grab the money while you can, down-time sucks.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 01:35:07 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 02:34:42 PM »
Anyone want to take a shot at tyhe body count?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 03:34:14 PM »
Anyone want to take a shot at tyhe body count?

Being a new event, It can go either way, hard to guess. But I figure on race day, within the actual race area, wild guess,....200-300k, wild guess.

For that week, including the 4th, all days combined, 2-3 million out for the events...it'll be another 200-300k for Lolla.

Whack-job shootings,...dump those numbers. Chicago CAN be an evil place. Interesting to see how it all ends..lol I live 35miles away in IN...you have to choke me with money to go there.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 04:34:05 PM »
The race itself will probably be nothing more than a very noisy parade. Street circuits generally suck even with light/small race cars, never mind a 3700 pound stock car.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 05:18:38 PM »
Being a new event, It can go either way, hard to guess. But I figure on race day, within the actual race area, wild guess,....200-300k, wild guess.

For that week, including the 4th, all days combined, 2-3 million out for the events...it'll be another 200-300k for Lolla.

Whack-job shootings,...dump those numbers. Chicago CAN be an evil place. Interesting to see how it all ends..lol I live 35miles away in IN...you have to choke me with money to go there.

Ehhh, I'd be suprised if 30,000 show for the race TBH. If Xfinity is there maybe 10k for that.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 05:27:21 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 05:30:02 PM »
The race itself will probably be nothing more than a very noisy parade. Street circuits generally suck even with light/small race cars, never mind a 3700 pound stock car.

Wouldn’t surprise me none. Change of pace from talking heads and concerts. They are seriously blowing a lot of $$, the labor invoice alone is nuts. All for like you said, a noisy parade.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2023, 05:31:27 PM »

Chuikov

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 05:36:59 PM »

It's so true. I was at the track in New Hampshire in 2010 and some drunk arse fan decided to climb the catch fence before the race began and fell onto the track.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 06:21:48 PM »
Ehhh, I'd be suprised if 30,000 show for the race TBH. If Xfinity is there maybe 10k for that.

Could be right, hard call.
But there are close to that many in that area when nothing is going on. Either guess could be right, not betting. :). Lucky the race is on the 2nd.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 08:33:19 PM »
Hope they drive through the south side. The car with the least amount of bullet holes wins the race. Dont stop for a pit stop there though. They will take your old tires off, and then run away with them

See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2023, 12:32:31 AM »
Hope they drive through the south side. The car with the least amount of bullet holes wins the race. Dont stop for a pit stop there though. They will take your old tires off, and then run away with them

West side tops south side these days. Like a 3rd world country.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 01:30:31 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2023, 04:13:43 AM »
I love NASCAR.

Mark Martin was my hero.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2023, 10:17:58 AM »
Yeah NASCAR is actually quite fun to watch. It's got a lot of energy, big sounds of the engines, crashes, and it's pretty entertaining when you realize there is more strategy to it than just driving around in circles. I've grown to like it over the years. I've also really started to enjoy the IMSA racing as well. Never really knew much about it until the Rolex24 at Daytona, but those cars are a lot of fun to watch. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-