Author Topic: Stepping back  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Stepping back
« on: June 28, 2023, 01:08:38 PM »
Just going to fly when I can in the MA and Events. Nothing more.

Cyas in the sky.

Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
Re: Stepping back
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 01:46:12 PM »

Cyas in the sky.
Stop by the Match Play arena anytime you see someone, trying to get people in and back to dogfighting / having good times with planes. Reagardless,  :salute sir.
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 02:16:48 PM »
Hoping you weren't chased off or discouraged in some way.  Whatever level of involvement works for you, glad you're back.   :salute

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 03:30:41 PM »
Hoping you weren't chased off or discouraged in some way.  Whatever level of involvement works for you, glad you're back.   :salute

Naa, just goin to spend more time flyin.
It gets a bit thick on any game board.
I was never one to spend much time on them, except BW.
I guess I just like the quiet side of things these days.
Cya in the arenas :)

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 03:40:56 PM »
Naa, just goin to spend more time flyin.
It gets a bit thick on any game board.
I was never one to spend much time on them, except BW.
I guess I just like the quiet side of things these days.
Cya in the arenas :)

OH! Stepping back from the forum.. I thought you meant from the game. Glad it isn't the latter!! <S> Regardless.
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 04:08:37 PM »
Stop by the Match Play arena anytime you see someone, trying to get people in and back to dogfighting / having good times with planes. Reagardless,  :salute sir.

I'll have to check in when I get a chance......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 04:10:23 PM »

Cyas in the sky.

We can't live without our Animls. I'll take you for a walk..... you can run on the beach, play in the water......

Don't let some turd get under your skin.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2023, 04:41:16 PM »
We can't live without our Animls. I'll take you for a walk..... you can run on the beach, play in the water......

Don't let some turd get under your skin.

Turd(s) a small group of 5-7 turds. The kinda people who get fragged on a battlefield. :)

But ya, I get your point. No one chases me anywhere. I just see no point in drawing numbers when a small group chase twice as many away. Just 5-7 chronic dweebs (grown adults) who obviously evaded maturity. Same people repeat nightly subjects on 200 consuming it into the abyss, as if they own the game.

Yep, I can turn it off, but why should I not be able to communicate with friends on other sides?
We need a perma-squelch on 200 and here. No I don’t want to see who I’m ignoring, it defeats the point.

1) constant never ending cheating accusations
2) political HATE.
3) promoting gay sex, in detail.

Same people, same repeats.

No matter how much you tell them the harm to the game it causes they defy all, because they thrive on the anger, by GROWN ADULTS. Only one way left to deal with them.

Anyone who knows me, I deserve a gold medal for being quiet as I am.. And thats because I respect  HT.

In my years as AW arena mod, I booted one person, I was very lenient. I’d boot all 5-7 in half a breath. They are very harmful to any effort to up the numbers. They chase more than can be drawn in.

Its amazing how many yimes this subject is repeated to the clueless.

(Smh)

99% of the others are good people that ad value to the game. :)

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2023, 05:02:46 PM »
Just to point out, any kind of squelching doesn't remove the things from still being said.  There is the .report function (chat mute), but the algorithm isn't as robust or reviewed as it could be, all things considered - it's not so much what is being said as it is who is saying whatever. I guess people are ok with your #1-3 below. I'm not ok with them and do .report on some of the crass language, but again, algorithm.

There could be more words added to the naughty list (chat mute), but people bypass this (masking) all the time.

I'd venture to say that minors are a very small % of the players, and ch200 being totally opt-in, that people need to simply keep their trash-talk game related (except the cheat thing) and talk about other pleasantries instead of delving into and comparing real-life divisions (#2 and 3.)

Turd(s) a small group of 5-7 turds. The kinda people who get fragged on a battlefield. :)

But ya, I get your point. No one chases me anywhere. I just see no point in drawing numbers when a small group chase twice as many away. Just 5-7 chronic dweebs (grown adults) who obviously evaded maturity. Same people repeat nightly subjects on 200 consuming it into the abyss, as if they own the game.

Yep, I can turn it off, but why should I not be able to communicate with friends on other sides?
We need a perma-squelch on 200 and here. No I don’t want to see who I’m ignoring, it defeats the point.

1) constant never ending cheating accusations
2) political HATE.
3) promoting gay sex, in detail.

Same people, same repeats.

No matter how much you tell them the harm to the game it causes they defy all, because they thrive on the anger, by GROWN ADULTS. Only one way left to deal with them.

Anyone who knows me, I deserve a gold medal for being quiet as I am.. And thats because I respect  HT.

In my years as AW arena mod, I booted one person, I was very lenient. I’d boot all 5-7 in half a breath. They are very harmful to any effort to up the numbers. They chase more than can be drawn in.

Its amazing how many yimes this subject is repeated to the clueless.

(Smh)

99% of the others are good people that ad value to the game. :)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2023, 08:04:49 PM »
Just to point out, any kind of squelching doesn't remove the things from still being said.  There is the .report function (chat mute), but the algorithm isn't as robust or reviewed as it could be, all things considered - it's not so much what is being said as it is who is saying whatever. I guess people are ok with your #1-3 below. I'm not ok with them and do .report on some of the crass language, but again, algorithm.

There could be more words added to the naughty list (chat mute), but people bypass this (masking) all the time.

I'd venture to say that minors are a very small % of the players, and ch200 being totally opt-in, that people need to simply keep their trash-talk game related (except the cheat thing) and talk about other pleasantries instead of delving into and comparing real-life divisions (#2 and 3.)

They are people that spend the amount of a full time job playing this game.  They are detached from reality, and probably family and friends.  This is a safe place to talk toejam without getting your nose broken.

Who cares what some jabroni like that has to say?

Example : every game on the internet

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2023, 08:43:55 PM »

Heh.  I do remember the Animal rants.

Shuffler is correct.  Never let a fool ruin your day.

- oldman

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2023, 10:54:55 PM »

Heh.  I do remember the Animal rants.

Shuffler is correct.  Never let a fool ruin your day.

- oldman

HA!, Good times!! ;) No animals were harmed in that experiment.

It doesn't ruin my day as much as it ruins efforts to draw more numbers. As you know, I'm no Polly Puritan. it takes a lot more than that to offend me. I just don't have time for wasted effort. Draw in 3, they chase 10. <shrug>

OTOH, we got that crap out of our system in BW, crap hit the fan every 15 minutes....we were much quieter in the arenas (most times). Besides, Kesmai put a shock collar on me. <whistles innocently> I've been humbled over the years. I still have a twitch from the shock coll...coll...collar tho.

It just wasn't done in front of church goin Tommy on his 2 week trial. It's ok to tone it down for a good cause, it's not like an online persona is destroyed. That's all. If not,... cook em. <shrug> rather lose 5-7 once for 7-30 days, than lose ongoing 5 per week and more posts on other boards about how nasty AH 200 is. Its a deterrent. Grown mature adult or not.

As Blue Baron said about AW demise, "...this could have had legs". and unlike AW, AH is very saveable. AH is flight sim history as much as AW, where this game-play was invented. AW and AH is at the trunk of a tree, the more the tree branches out, the thinner the fun DNA is in newer sims. That group should be careful what they wish for. :)

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2023, 11:19:31 PM »
They are people that spend the amount of a full time job playing this game.  They are detached from reality, and probably family and friends.  This is a safe place to talk toejam without getting your nose broken.

Who cares what some jabroni like that has to say?

Example : every game on the internet

This

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2023, 11:24:01 PM »
If there is one thing I learned during the HQ wars in regards to the forum its that no matter how hard you try to showcase the capability of this game there will always be a group who totally disagree with whatever you say and will make every attempt to discredit and shut you down. 90% of the player base who worked against my enthusiasm for this game, who complained to Dale and threatened to leave if he didn't fix things left the game anyways.

Simply ignore the hate and press on as difficult as that may seem. I can promise you that despite everything you have recently been put through by a few the rest of us saw your posts, your content, and appreciate both your work and spirit for this game. If your gonna stick your neck out be willing to wear your flame retardant suit and stand in the pocket for those who may not know what this game is. You may never know the true positive affect you have on someone passing thru.

Your recent work is hands down the best we have seen in years. I encourage you to keep at it. This game needs you and your support.  :cheers: :salute :aok
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 11:28:36 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2023, 09:21:19 AM »
Thanks for the support,
To be honest, the crap I got for MAKING A VIDEO, was so deeply pathetic and immature that it doesn’t bother me. Coming from people who barely or don’t play at all doesn’t even scratch the surface, other than an annoyance. I picked up on what you said in their first 3 of 100 replies. Therefore I made two just to watch their heads explode.

A person can have the best of intensions, doesn’t mean it will move the meter needle. Its a nothing ventured nothing gained concept.

My point in this post is, if the community wants to ad numbers they need to tone it down a bit. 200 is over the top. It counter balances any attempt anyone makes. No one us asking to sit with hands folded, but taking it to extremes is a negative. Taunting is part of the game, the other crap is just mindless kack. Stop depending on code and HT to babysit grown adults.its exhausting and distracting to posdibilities.  The community needs to step up their game and condemn it. Police yourselves. One guy or group is not going to change the world without cooperation.

We kept AW alive, longer than intended because we all pitched in, in good faith. It wasn’t easy.HTC gave ya the tools, use em. I’m willing to throw my hat in the ring.

I don’t know what the code allows, HT and I never dug into that, he has his life to pay attention to. Not the time to discuss it. But if its possible I’d like to go after and take a swing at updating explosions.

Lets just tone things down a bit. Lets not make HT spend his time changing diapers.

I’ll refer to my recent AW Staff post and the link with Blue Baron’s post about AWs demise. You do not want to read a post like that about AH. Its a different situation, same meaning “The End”. I don’t want to live that again.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks