Author Topic: HQ  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: HQ
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2023, 03:09:38 PM »
Has anyone considered defending their HQ?  That might work.

Sounds like Merv did exactly what HT intended.   Do you think HT didn't intend for HQ to work that way?  He coded it that way for a reason.  he intended for HQ to be attacked (and probably intended it to be defended).  If you ignore an inbound HQ attack, then you can lose your dar.  Functions as designed.

Sounds like some just prefer Air-Quake.  HT really needs to just put back the mosh pit Furball Lake arena rather than changing the Melee into that.

Merv doesn't have a toxic attitude just because he is playing the game exactly the way HT intended.  He might for other reasons though. ;)  The whole multiple account thing is a little creepy.
Depending on the map, hitting hq noe is almost impossible to defend unless you waste your time patrolling the thing non-stop.

Chuikov

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2023, 03:12:49 PM »
May I ask what this bug is you speak of?  I'm legitimately curious and not being in anyway, shape, or form, sarcastic and/or demeaning.

There is no bug. He's just wants to claim that it's a feature being used as intended. It's a dubious logical position given the obvious negative affect the feature has when exploited.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2023, 03:13:33 PM »
I don't know what's more pathetic, that fact that you enjoy digital whack-a-mole HQ bombing so much or that you think the negative way it affects the arena is somehow a good thing.

Edit: Comparing what you do to whack-a-mole is a bit disingenuous. Whack-a-mole actually requires some level of skill.
That dude is a jackarse plain and simple. Most all of his posts boil down to “Hey y’all look at me”, classic narcissism if you ask me.

Chuikov

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2023, 03:15:15 PM »
There is no bug. He's just wants to claim that it's a feature being used as intended.

What do you think HT intended?

You don't think HT intended country dar to be droppable?

Which part exactly do you think HT didn't intend? Specifically?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2023, 03:16:22 PM »
Depending on the map, hitting hq noe is almost impossible to defend unless you waste your time patrolling the thing non-stop.

So that is still a problem?  Oof  Either way, it still sounds like HQ defenses are still weak.  There is were Radar Bases would be great to have, to make it easier to intercept.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2023, 03:17:11 PM »
That dude is a jackarse plain and simple. Most all of his posts boil down to “Hey y’all look at me”, classic narcissism if you ask me.

Well, that is a separate question.

Fundamentally, he is attacking the strat system the exact way HT intended for it to be able to be attacked.

So really, your beef is with HT isn't it?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2023, 03:21:28 PM »
Well, that is a separate question.

Fundamentally, he is attacking the strat system the exact way HT intended for it to be able to be attacked.

So really, your beef is with HT isn't it?
Maybe go through his post history. I don’t mind the hq feature, I think just a high value target ought to be more difficult to hit.

Chuikov

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2023, 03:21:58 PM »
Maybe go through his post history. I don’t mind the hq feature, I think just a high value target ought to be more difficult to hit.

Or protected better.

The initial complaint from Fugi wasn't about his bragging.  It was about him dropping dar.

There is no HTC rule against bragging.  Or else Shane would be banned for life. ;)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 03:24:12 PM by CptTrips »

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2023, 03:22:53 PM »
I'll say that it is. Having any game feature that can be knocked out country-wide in one go was a terrible idea. The game would be better if all targets were confined to affecting the immediate tactical area.

Exploiting a game feature is called griefing regardless if it's bugged or not.
:rofl

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:bolt:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2023, 03:23:56 PM »
What do you think HT intended?

You don't think HT intended country dar to be droppable?

Which part exactly do you think HT didn't intend? Specifically?

He intended for there to be enough players to facilitate some of them defending the strats without completely draining the player pool for a side. As it is, there's rarely enough players on a side to attack or defend more than two bases. Killing strats was barely working when the arena had 600 players in it. It's outright detrimental with 100ish.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2023, 03:26:20 PM »
Not a single sortie was NOE during the campaign. Bishops had plenty of opportunities to defend their bases, strats, and HQ in mass.

"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2023, 03:28:30 PM »
He intended for there to be enough players to facilitate some of them defending the strats without completely draining the player pool for a side.

Is that a statement he has made?

If he felt that way he could just recode it.  He hasn't given any indication of that. 

Again, unless you are only mad at the bragging, your complaint should be directed toward HT and his arena design, shouldn't it? 

It can't be a fault of Merv for merely playing the game exactly the way HT has coded it.

Bragging is another issue, but no violation of the rules.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2023, 03:32:20 PM »
It is already "difficult" to hit. The fact that I did it the way it was done in such a dominate fashion does not speak to the difficulty. It speaks to just how good I am at what I do in this game :neener:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 03:34:49 PM by mERv »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2023, 03:36:54 PM »
It's an honest question.

Why does Fugi, Chris, and Devil THINK  HT intentionally coded strat targets into the game and intentionally coded their effects?

Do you think he stumbled and typed the wrong code by accident? 

Why are strat targets even in the map if not to be vulnerable by exactly the tactic Merv used?  They are there EXACTLY so they can be attacked as Merv did.

Shouldn't you be asking HT to change his arena design instead?

[Edit]  I don't like bragging and crap talking, but I've been here since 1999 so don't tell me that is anything new in this community.  Shane, Citabria, If I tried to remember names I could probably easily give you 50.  But that has nothing to do with strategic target design.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 03:58:00 PM by CptTrips »

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2023, 03:47:05 PM »
What is all this crying about

when they attack the HQ you get in a Me-163
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys