Author Topic: never used to complain about this...  (Read 3968 times)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: never used to complain about this...
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2023, 10:15:21 AM »
:cheers:

He also told me in a private chat that what I did was an actual sin towards God and man and he meant it  :aok

Religious fanatics have always given me shivers...

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2023, 07:46:12 AM »
It's all a part of a fanatic group of players that have fostered a toxic culture amongst the Bishops for the better part of 10 years.

I had the pleasure of transitioning over to the bishops for an evening this past weekend. For the most part it was cordial and nice to catch up with a few players I have come to respect over the years.

On the other hand there were a few players who were excessively abusive sharing actual physical threats of bodily harm and banishment from this game for being a "cheater" using double accounts and for using hack programs to shoot players down.

HiTechs silence over these allegations has fostered the idea that I have been cheating for a long time. They believe he simply doesn't care anymore. When you have enough players talking about it for long enough others start to believe this foolish idea and you end up with what we have today.

The experience and several others have left me at a crossroads with the game as a whole. This thread was started on the notion that dropping HQ kills action and desire to play the MA and yet I watched over 20 players log out due to Bishop hording leaving only 11 players logged in for almost 3 hrs during primetime on a Saturday and a good map. That trend will continue with no fix insight. A clear sign that the game is dying on the vine. Yes, the hard-core players will continue its support of the game to its dying breath but as a whole the situation is dire.

If I don't end up leaving for good, which is on the table at this point, my hate for the toxic culture within this community will certainly have found new spirit to fight these guys head on. Yet for $15 a month I find myself asking is that the kind of energy I want to keep bringing into my life? Seems the simple and safe path is to leave this game into the capable hands of those who have selfishly ran it into the ground over the last 7 years.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 07:57:51 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2023, 09:02:39 AM »
I hope you don't leave, FineTime.   I've had memorable fun over the last few months when you are on and you get a small number of people working together to capture bases.   

As a rule, Hitech doesn't comment on cheating allegations so his silence shouldn't indicate anything.  We should all be aware of that by now, but I suppose its easy to forget.

As far as the Bish horde, do you remember the days of the Rook High Command (or something like that, memory fails)?   Some guy or group of players was able to get Rooks organized and they would terrorize the MA with massive formations and dominate the map.   As far as I can recall, only the Knights have been consistent exemplars of fair play and sportsmanship all along.    :devil

I do hope you can make whatever adjustments you need to make to allow you to continue to play and enjoy the game.   :salute

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2023, 09:56:46 AM »
As a rule, Hitech doesn't comment on cheating allegations so his silence shouldn't indicate anything.

That is one thing.  Allowing a customer to be continually harassed and threatened is... something else.

All for playing the game EXACTLY the way Hitech designed to be able to be played.  If Hitech didn't want players to be allowed to bomb HQ, he wouldn't have made them destroyable targets.

What is the point of a "Sandbox" sim if a pack of rabid self appointed bullies think they can tell other players what they are and are not allowed to do?

Why does Merv have to make the adjustments?  Why not just put the bullies back in their place and defend the idea that customers are allowed to play anyway they want within the HTC rules?

« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 10:19:10 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2023, 10:31:19 AM »
That is one thing.  Allowing a customer to be continually harassed and threatened is... something else.

All for playing the game EXACTLY the way Hitech designed to be able to be played.  If Hitech didn't want players to be allowed to bomb HQ, he wouldn't have made them destroyable targets.

What is the point of a "Sandbox" sim if a pack of rabid self appointed bullies think they can tell other players what they are and are not allowed to do?

Why does Merv have to make the adjustments?  Why not just put the bullies back in their place and defend the idea that customers are allowed to play anyway they want within the HTC rules?

Agreed.  I hope Hitech is made aware of the bullying or harassment and takes action to end it. 

My choice of words was probably poor, I just meant I hope FineTime can find his way back to loving the game.  He's a competent player and fun to play alongside, and if he leaves the game will be poorer for his loss.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2023, 11:16:36 AM »
It's all a part of a fanatic group of players that have fostered a toxic culture amongst the Bishops for the better part of 10 years.

I had the pleasure of transitioning over to the bishops for an evening this past weekend. For the most part it was cordial and nice to catch up with a few players I have come to respect over the years.

On the other hand there were a few players who were excessively abusive sharing actual physical threats of bodily harm and banishment from this game for being a "cheater" using double accounts and for using hack programs to shoot players down.

HiTechs silence over these allegations has fostered the idea that I have been cheating for a long time. They believe he simply doesn't care anymore. When you have enough players talking about it for long enough others start to believe this foolish idea and you end up with what we have today.

The experience and several others have left me at a crossroads with the game as a whole. This thread was started on the notion that dropping HQ kills action and desire to play the MA and yet I watched over 20 players log out due to Bishop hording leaving only 11 players logged in for almost 3 hrs during primetime on a Saturday and a good map. That trend will continue with no fix insight. A clear sign that the game is dying on the vine. Yes, the hard-core players will continue its support of the game to its dying breath but as a whole the situation is dire.

If I don't end up leaving for good, which is on the table at this point, my hate for the toxic culture within this community will certainly have found new spirit to fight these guys head on. Yet for $15 a month I find myself asking is that the kind of energy I want to keep bringing into my life? Seems the simple and safe path is to leave this game into the capable hands of those who have selfishly ran it into the ground over the last 7 years.

I would suggest mocking them, calling them a putz, and continue playing your game. They are not worthy of your respect.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2023, 12:06:08 PM »

The best player I ever flew with through the years was "accu-hated" out of the game. I guess people refused to believe he was as good as he was - and was banned. Sounds like things in the MA haven't changed much. 
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2023, 04:28:29 PM »
"accu-hated"

The heck does that mean?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2023, 06:26:10 PM »
The best player I ever flew with through the years was "accu-hated" out of the game. I guess people refused to believe he was as good as he was - and was banned. Sounds like things in the MA haven't changed much.

That guy was banned for being a toolkit.  He wasn't run off, he was banned.  Not many can claim that honor.

Assuming you are talking about Skyher.  I'm quite familiar with the antics that got her the boot.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2023, 08:28:08 PM »
He was ban for "targeted harassment" from what I remember. He would have a friend/squaddie sit on the opposing team and report the positions of a particular player so he could use his superior ability to kill said player again and again. I believe he got caught targeting "Bluemax" or something. He streamed the ordeal and I'm guessing someone showed Hitech.

Anyone who thinks Merv or Skhyer are using hacks should not be taken seriously, however the latter intentionally used his superior skill to ruin peoples experience. There may even be a video up of him doing it to ULtactus, I'm not sure I haven't looked at his Youtube in about a year or so. Skhyer wasn't liked around here aside from his cadre and thats how he wanted it, he wanted to be remembered as the scourge of this game. Personally I didn't really mind him until he started telling people to KTS and doxing his own family on that Flamewarriors sesspool(forum).

This game is full of preMadonnas, just throw them a <S> and continue on your business. 
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2023, 10:05:34 PM »
He was ban for "targeted harassment" from what I remember. He would have a friend/squaddie sit on the opposing team and report the positions of a particular player so he could use his superior ability to kill said player.

Hahaha this happened to me several times in the past week. Not calling out names. I get mine where I can. In one particular situation I took 2 sets of lancs to shutdown vh and ords knowing I was going to get shaded or have a "teamate" share my  location with a few of my more colorful bishop friends. Their radar down, met perfectly at 15k, watched as they went from friendly radar over a sector away right for me.  They did not succeed in stopping me from my objective. Granted when down to my last lanc I had to snap roll stall from 12k to avoid a tempest, then dive back to the base and blind drop on the 2 odds bunkers... but I got it done in true FT fashion. Nobody beats The Wizz :old: just one example :cheers:

Years and years of sketchy play by some turned me into the beast warrior I am in this game. I remember a time when I was helpless. Now my AH enemies scream cheat/hack as they flame and flounder back in to tower over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over  :bolt:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 10:14:08 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2023, 10:18:53 PM »
Hahaha this happened to me several times in the past week. Not calling out names. I get mine where I can. In one particular situation I took 2 sets of lancs to shutdown vh and ords knowing I was going to get shaded or have a "teamate" share my  location with a few of my more colorful bishop friends. Their radar down, met perfectly at 15k, watched as they went from friendly radar over a sector away right for me.  They did not succeed in stopping me from my objective. Granted when down to my last lanc I had to snap roll stall from 12k to avoid a tempest, then dive back to the base and blind drop on the 2 odds bunkers... but I got it done in true FT fashion. Nobody beats The Wizz :old: just one example :cheers:

Years and years of sketchy play by some turned me into the beast warrior I am in this game. I remember a time when I was helpless. Now my AH enemies scream cheat/hack as they flame and flounder back in to tower over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over  :bolt:

merv on the other hand, we asked you repeatedly to stop broadcasting on you tube as you had your map open and it showed all of our bombers trying to sink a cv.  while not illegal it was a crappy thing to do specially when we asked you several dozen times.

so in your case whatever flak you get it is well deserved.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2023, 10:24:48 PM »
Well, I never said any names. But yeah, you couldn't play for 10 minutes without a hackusation in chat against Skyyr, sometimes fully blown to the forums.
Call me a fan boy - but the dude was an excellent stick. Also was a stand up guy, if you were in return. I could easily see getting bored of 4-6 years of whining from the same people and wanting to shut them down. I don't deny he deserved his ban, but when 90% of the player base thinks your cheating because of idiots that go unchecked for years (just as Merv said) it's wild to see it from a neutral perspective.
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2023, 11:30:01 PM »
Well, I never said any names. But yeah, you couldn't play for 10 minutes without a hackusation in chat against Skyyr, sometimes fully blown to the forums.
Call me a fan boy - but the dude was an excellent stick. Also was a stand up guy, if you were in return. I could easily see getting bored of 4-6 years of whining from the same people and wanting to shut them down. I don't deny he deserved his ban, but when 90% of the player base thinks your cheating because of idiots that go unchecked for years (just as Merv said) it's wild to see it from a neutral perspective.

He was an ultra melon that flew like a vag, targeting guys in a furball.  Ran like the judge when he got reversed.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2023, 12:41:23 AM »

From the way he conducted himself on these boards and In game it seemed he reveled in the fact the he was "unbelievably skilled" to so many players(I'm sure he'd be tickled hearing that he's still talked about). I'd agree he was a good stick, better than I'd ever hope to be, however I would not agree he was a stand up guy. There was a specific incident where he inferred Latrobe should commit suicide IRL(over a dueling request/challenge). There was another instance he posted atleast one picture of his Significant Other on the Troll forum Flamewarriors(Which he later removed after he was called out on the stupidity). It is also my understanding that his ban was limited to his handle "Skyyr" and he flew under multiple pseudonyms for years after his initial ban, unless he received another later on that I'm not aware of.  My final thoughts: Nearly all this happened almost 10 years ago at this point, It seems he has moved on and hopefully matured. I always liked the guys he associated with, whom always spoke highly of him.

If that is the case report it with dates times and any screen shots or demos you may have, Its a breach of TOS and people who are found doing it will be ban. There is a precedent for it as mentioned in this thread.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 01:36:30 AM by Bopgun »
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!