Author Topic: never used to complain about this...  (Read 3965 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: never used to complain about this...
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2023, 09:50:58 AM »

If that is the case report it with dates times and any screen shots or demos you may have, Its a breach of TOS and people who are found doing it will be ban. There is a precedent for it as mentioned in this thread.

No, it does not negatively impact my experience in the game. At times it can be very inconvenient but I will adapt and overcome in every tactical situation I'm put up against or I will fail repeatedly trying. Not adding to Dale's plate.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2023, 10:22:56 AM »
If that is the case report it with dates times and any screen shots or demos you may have, Its a breach of TOS and people who are found doing it will be ban. There is a precedent for it as mentioned in this thread.

People don't realize how predictable they are and cry shade all the time.  Dar bars from certain locations and routes tell a story. 
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2023, 12:45:20 PM »
People don't realize how predictable they are and cry shade all the time.  Dar bars from certain locations and routes tell a story.
in this case over a dozen bishops are attacking a base 30 miles from there own with friendly radar up. I watched 2 fighters within the dar break off and fly directly to me intercepting 5 miles before entering the enemy dar ring which was down. I was accompanied by a "friendly" who did not attack the base or engage the fighters but kept within icon range the entire flight.

The 2 players who intercepted me met me co-alt above 15k. I have had issues like this before with these two players. The player who flew with me runs a squad designation infront of their name but is not apart of the squad according to the current CO.

I run a few hundred sorties a week if im lucky. I have run tens of thousands of sorties in my time in AH. I am not some average player with sub-par intelligence unable to decipher what you described and what I sometimes encounter. It does not deter me. I have reached such a level of skill in this game that even Haggerty thinks I cheat to some degree using a hack software that allows me to track players with my guns. Yet all anyone focuses on is the gunning. They fail to recognize the strategic genius that is my play in the MA.

It was a deliberate act meant to stop me from dropping the VH. It failed and was just enough of a pause to save the knight base from the bishop horde for an additional hour before I logged for the night.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 12:49:52 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2023, 12:53:57 PM »
in this case over a dozen bishops are attacking a base 30 miles from there own with friendly radar up. I watched 2 fighters within the dar break off and fly directly to me intercepting 5 miles before entering the enemy dar ring which was down. I was accompanied by a "friendly" who did not attack the base or engage the fighters but kept within icon range the entire flight.

The 2 players who intercepted me met me co-alt above 15k. I have had issues like this before with these two players. The player who flew with me runs a squad designation infront of their name but is not apart of the squad according to the current CO.

I run a few hundred sorties a week if im lucky. I have run tens of thousands of sorties in my time in AH. I am not some average player with sub-par intelligence unable to decipher what you described and what I sometimes encounter. It does not deter me. I have reached such a level of skill in this game that even Haggerty thinks I cheat to some degree using a hack software that allows me to track players with my guns. Yet all anyone focuses on is the gunning. They fail to recognize the strategic genius that is my play in the MA.

It was a deliberate act meant to stop me from dropping the VH. It failed and was just enough of a pause to save the knight base from the bishop horde for an additional hour before I logged for the night.

Was I one of these interceptors? You were in Lancs right?
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2023, 01:02:24 PM »
Was I one of these interceptors? You were in Lancs right?
you were one of 4 fighters that intercepted me. Not a part of the 2 I am referring to. You came a few minutes after initial intercept.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2023, 09:31:04 PM »
Waitwaitwait...  Moly is complaining because someone's using tactics he doesn't like/considers cheap to keep strats down and wants HT to fix it?

Wow, that was a good belly laugh.  Thank you for that.

Wiley.
Apparently you haven't read the context?

Taking HQ can indeed be a strategic goal, but to do it over and over to a team that has less that 50% of its bases serves no purpose other than prideful chest-pounding. It causes players log off because they can't find a fight and/or don't want to get jumped. How is this defensible?

And I'm not quite sure what Finetime is saying about the God and man thing. I told him it was wrong for the reasons I mentioned above, absolutely. And he'd mentioned going to church so I asked him to ask God what He thought of it lol. FT defended his actions along the "hate Bish/strategy/if HT coded it it must be okay" lines. And that was the end of it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 09:39:38 PM by molybdenum »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2023, 05:14:05 AM »
Just to myth bust;

In game it seemed he reveled in the fact the he was "unbelievably skilled" to so many players

To pick out his piloting; Being a hinge neck he was only ever going to use aircraft that enhanced his strength; If he had Speed or altitude to use in an La7 or 190D, yes he'd win, he made few mistakes and always made sure a margin of error to flee a fight.

Co-E he was just as average as the rest of us plane maneuvering-wise (I have a film on my youtube showing as much).
His running away when he didn't have speed and altitude was and still is more legendary when compared anything else in his bag of tricks, getting banned for some shady toejam excluded.
His Gunnery was way above average mind you, I personally have never seen any one win as many straight up, straight down, head-on and high angle deflection shots.

Call me a fan boy - but the dude was an excellent stick. Also was a stand up guy, if you were in return. I could easily see getting bored of 4-6 years of whining from the same people and wanting to shut them down. I don't deny he deserved his ban, but when 90% of the player base thinks your cheating because of idiots that go unchecked for years (just as Merv said) it's wild to see it from a neutral perspective.

It really is a man of questionable character to make the effort to require the alt, speed, position and direction of his chosen foe, it proves that he stacked the deck to ensure he was always higher and faster to compound a facade that he was "an excellent stick" and " Unbelievably Skilled".. 
When you come to realise his methods in the MA were all smoke and mirrors the conclusion is that he wasn't unbelievably skilled, it was indeed very believable.

Having zero conscience harassing people into leaving HiTech's game... That was his stupidity and eventual undoing, you simply don't fuq with the man's money.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2023, 08:13:12 AM »
Perception is reality.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2023, 08:37:04 AM »
Taking HQ can indeed be a strategic goal, but to do it over and over to a team that has less that 50% of its bases serves no purpose other than prideful chest-pounding. It causes players log off because they can't find a fight and/or don't want to get jumped. How is this defensible?

Then you should ask Hitech to make HQ invulnerable. Or ask him to make HQ invulnerable when a team has less than 50% of its bases. 

Either way, it is not Merv's problem.  It's not his code.  He didn't make HQ destroyable and he didn't configure the down time.  He can pound your HQ anytime he wants.  As many times as he wants.  He is free to play anyway he wants within HTC rules.  Hitech makes bombers available and has made HQ destroyable.  Merv is playing the game as Hitech intended.

If Hitech agrees with you, he can change the code.  Apparent fuji, laser and their ilk have not been successful in getting Hitech to ban him.  Snicker.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2023, 10:13:04 AM »

Then you should ask Hitech to make HQ invulnerable. Or ask him to make HQ invulnerable when a team has less than 50% of its bases. 

Either way, it is not Merv's problem.  It's not his code.  He didn't make HQ destroyable and he didn't configure the down time.  He can pound your HQ anytime he wants.  As many times as he wants.  He is free to play anyway he wants within HTC rules.  Hitech makes bombers available and has made HQ destroyable.  Merv is playing the game as Hitech intended.

If Hitech agrees with you, he can change the code.  Apparent fuji, laser and their ilk have not been successful in getting Hitech to ban him.  Snicker.

Can you share a snip of where I said anyone should be banned?  You're a tool.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2023, 11:00:20 AM »
Can you share a snip of where I said anyone should be banned?  You're a tool.

You are the same ilk.  That is guilt enough.

You have to jump in insulting me to protect your little banning buddies, yet you never stopped and considered standing up for another players right to play the game the way Hitech designed it without harassment or threats.

You chose your side.  Live with the stink.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2023, 11:18:04 AM »
You are the same ilk.  That is guilt enough.

You have to jump in insulting me to protect your little banning buddies, yet you never stopped and considered standing up for another players right to play the game the way Hitech designed it without harassment or threats.

You chose your side.  Live with the stink.

You're kind of contradicting your logic you keep throwing at Violator in the O club.  I suppose you'll have to think about which thread because your always having pissing  matches and throwing mud on these boards, without even being an active member of the game.  After being in this game for 20 plus years, you are on the verge of being the first and only person I've put on ignore.

I can discuss, and see different points of view with just about anyone.  You are more like an annoying mosquito that won't die, and keeps flying right next to your ear..

I'm sure now you will want to get into how loud a mosquito really even is, if it's been proven by science, and if the earth really is round.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2023, 11:25:17 AM »

You don't deny jumping in insulting me to stand up for your ban-buddies.  You chose your side.  Live with the stink.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2023, 11:33:40 AM »
You don't deny jumping in insulting me to stand up for your ban-buddies.  You chose your side.  Live with the stink.

My comments aren't about ban buddies, they are purely about you.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2023, 11:46:20 AM »
My comments aren't about ban buddies, they are purely about you.

Yes they are.  You were mad that I was standing up to your ban-buddies and not backing down.
You chose the side of those harassing and threatening Merv for playing the game as Hitech designed.
Can you link to a post of you defending the right of Merv to play the game as he wished within HTC rules?
You chose the other side and then started insulting me because I wouldn't back down to the lynch-mob of self-appointed dictators.

That stink is on you.  Live with it.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 11:57:39 AM by CptTrips »