Author Topic: Heat, heat and more heat  (Read 2564 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: Heat, heat and more heat
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2023, 12:32:45 AM »
You forgot that water moderates the temperature.

CO2 in the atmosphere has doubled in the last 200 years.

So why is Arizona cooler than Florida when Arizona is much drier than Florida?
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2023, 12:33:26 AM »
In fact Arizona is the driest state in the nation. Probably by a lot.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2023, 06:48:08 AM »

As they cut down more trees and clear more fields for the next shopping strip while the shopping strip across the 6 lane highway is half empty...

That is the cause of this and we are doing nothing to correct it...

Solar and evs will not stop it either

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2023, 07:03:47 AM »
So why is Arizona cooler than Florida when Arizona is much drier than Florida?
Did you forget about the mountains?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2023, 07:26:13 AM »

There is more C02 in Orlando, FL than Phoenix, AZ. I didn't forget that. It's part of my point. Northern AZ is also much further north of the equator than FL. So that mixed with higher alts of mountains will make it cooler. Im comparing pheonix to Orlando though really. More compounds in the atmosphere like water vapor especially end up cooling the atmosphere. It's why dry desert areas are much hotter than tropical areas. Precipitation cools the atmosphere. More C02 isn't going to make the earth any hotter overall. It's what people breath. Did you know the population has also increased over 200 years?  Are you saying the plants dont like it? Do you realize how large the oceans are? This planet is huge and I don't subscribe to the greenhouse theory of the earth since there are way more variables at play.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 07:35:20 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2023, 07:27:07 AM »

Man that first pic is really nice.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2023, 08:08:02 AM »
Violator, do you have actual scientific data that shows what the concentrations of CO2 are in Phoenix vs Orlando?   Or are you just stating it as fact because it seems to make sense to you?

When I do searches to try to answer this question, I get links to sites that talk about how well-mixed CO2 becomes in the atmosphere, due to diffusion and dispersion caused by wind and movement of air masses.  Not to mention seasonal differences due to vegetation being present in summer, but not in winter.   I even found a time lapse video that shows how CO2 concentrations change in the atmosphere over the span of 1 year.    Atmospheric concentrations of compounds change and disperse - we've seen powerful evidence of this with the smoke from Canadian wildfires affecting the air quality in Eastern U.S. cities like New York City.

I'll keep looking.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2023, 09:33:30 AM »
The climate on this planet has always been changing ever since the planet has formed and throughout the millions of years it has been in existence. Saying man is the cause of climate change is as stupid as saying the moon is made of Limburger. Amazed how many people can be brainwashed into the wackoness. Seems to follow certain organizations also

Both can be true.
Man has harmed the planet in various ways, not just air pollution. Man is a vexation to the planet.

One fact does not make another untrue. Denial just makes life temporarily easier for those who battle with reality. Those who talk most about it seem to know the least about it factually. Some tend to think imagination o er- rides actual scientific studies. I’ll believe those who study it over those who get their info in questionable resources. Cigarettes don’t cause cancer, right?

One sides can explain their stance in great detail, one side can explain very little.mist who deny it seem to deny various subjects of facts as a pattern. Anyone who suggest pollution caused no harm is not worth a listen

The sun rises every
Morning with no harm caused? Until it swallows earth.

The problem IS, bith truths are happening together at the wrong time. Its not a binary answer
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 09:44:21 AM by Animl-AW »
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2023, 09:36:49 AM »
Violator, do you have actual scientific data that shows what the concentrations of CO2 are in Phoenix vs Orlando?   Or are you just stating it as fact because it seems to make sense to you?

When I do searches to try to answer this question, I get links to sites that talk about how well-mixed CO2 becomes in the atmosphere, due to diffusion and dispersion caused by wind and movement of air masses.  Not to mention seasonal differences due to vegetation being present in summer, but not in winter.   I even found a time lapse video that shows how CO2 concentrations change in the atmosphere over the span of 1 year.    Atmospheric concentrations of compounds change and disperse - we've seen powerful evidence of this with the smoke from Canadian wildfires affecting the air quality in Eastern U.S. cities like New York City.

I'll keep looking.

Just using common sense for this one. Though I have taken a weather and climate climate class in university, and it was one of my best subjects where I received an A. So I know a little about the subject. Was a great class actually.

Usually tropical climates have more C02 and other compounds in the atmosphere due to larger amounts of precipitation and heavier wind patterns. While the humidity makes it feel hotter, it's actually cooling the atmosphere to not make it too hot, this doesnt happen in places like Pheonix. You should see some of the storms in the Orlando/Tampa area. It's like being in a giant Tesla electrical circuit. It's why they named the hockey team the Lightening. In any case, generally places with more water vapor would contain more C02 and other compounds as a rule of thumb. Thus cooling the local atmosphere because of A. Water and B. The suns heat rays bouncing off those compounds back into space. Places that are very dry usually get very hot due to less compounds, however their location from the equator does have an impact.

Yes, they do all travel due to wind patterns and break down back into their single element in theory but then generally form up with other elements and compounds so I guess it would depend on their electrical charge at the time with abundance of other compounds for it to make new compounds after they break down.

You notice that the smoke doesn't stay in New York forever, I bet it also lowered the temperature there. I believe that any abundance of compounds actually cools the earth rather than heats it due to what I described. For the entire world to become "hotter" it would take the sun to do that, as the earth would be spinning slightly closer to the sun on its path. This happens in cycles as per most everything related to science. This would also probably cause more rain and larger storms while making it much hotter in dryer places like Phoenix. It seems the world itself has been pretty good at balancing itself out though somehow someway.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 09:38:35 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2023, 09:52:10 AM »
The climate hasn't changed in the last 50 years per my adult experience. I might get a different idea on the internet. LOL

Carbon Dioxide is .04% of the earth's atmosphere. It's the basis of our food. An increase in CO2 increases food production.

Climate alarmism is a political ploy to suppress the middle class.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2023, 09:52:21 AM »
Just using common sense for this one. Though I have taken a weather and climate climate class in university, and it was one of my best subjects where I received an A. So I know a little about the subject. Was a great class actually.

Usually tropical climates have more C02 and other compounds in the atmosphere due to larger amounts of precipitation and heavier wind patterns. While the humidity makes it feel hotter, it's actually cooling the atmosphere to not make it too hot, this doesnt happen in places like Pheonix. You should see some of the storms in the Orlando/Tampa area. It's like being in a giant Tesla electrical circuit. It's why they named the hockey team the Lightening. In any case, generally places with more water vapor would contain more C02 and other compounds as a rule of thumb. Thus cooling the local atmosphere because of A. Water and B. The suns heat rays bouncing off those compounds back into space. Places that are very dry usually get very hot due to less compounds, however their location from the equator does have an impact.

Yes, they do all travel due to wind patterns and break down back into their single element in theory but then generally form up with other elements and compounds so I guess it would depend on their electrical charge at the time with abundance of other compounds for it to make new compounds after they break down.

You notice that the smoke doesn't stay in New York forever, I bet it also lowered the temperature there. I believe that any abundance of compounds actually cools the earth rather than heats it due to what I described. For the entire world to become "hotter" it would take the sun to do that, as the earth would be spinning slightly closer to the sun on its path. This happens in cycles as per most everything related to science. This would also probably cause more rain and larger storms while making it much hotter in dryer places like Phoenix. It seems the world itself has been pretty good at balancing itself out though somehow someway.

Nice write
However, whether we cook to death or freeze to death life us changing. Bith things can happen, in different areas. Also, the center core of earth slows and changes direction, that is happening now , also. Thst plays with math
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2023, 10:41:21 AM »

Ahh, OK, gotcha.   University-level classes can be a real help in understanding a subject, and congratulations on the 'A'!   I can only imagine how many more university-level classes people who have PhDs in atmospheric science must've taken, and how much more they must know about weather and climate because of it.  Pretty amazing.

Not to discount your skepticism, I think that's a healthy part of scientific inquiry, and your intuition surely has a place as well, but I think to continue the discussion in any meaningful way we'd need actual data and facts to support or dispute your contention.  I'll keep looking.

:salute
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 10:50:58 AM by oboe »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2023, 10:55:07 AM »
Ahh, OK, gotcha.   University-level classes can be a real help in understanding a subject, and congratulations on the 'A'!   I can only imagine how many more university-level classes people who have PhDs in atmospheric science must've taken, and how much more they must know about weather and climate because of it. 

Not to discount your skepticism, I think that's a healthy part of scientific inquiry, and your intuition surely has a place as well, but I think to continue the discussion in any meaningful way we'd need actual data and facts to support or dispute your contention.  I'll keep looking.

:salute

As long as you take into consideration who is paying their salaries after being in tremendous debt from those Doctorate courses. Loosing your job in the field going against the grain isn't going to be beneficial.

I was just reading a story how they are trying to convince farmers in Ireland to cull 200K cows, at 65k cows per year in order to "do their part".  Normally, when things are this political, pushed by powerful levels of so called "leaders", that's when I become more skeptical about what the scientist are saying because then I know an agenda is at play, rather than a healthy discussion or debate on the subject.

I'll give you a good example. My wife has a doctorate in higher education. She works for a stupid bellybutton college that is bascially putting itself out of business due to really stupid decisions by a president whose been there for way too long. Anyway, she could easily put her foot down and expose a lot of these stupid decisions to the "higher ups", but it wouldn't matter. Now she is going to through all of the stats and student reviews and they are horrendous. Almost every stat is dropping and employees are leaving in droves. My wife is looking for a new job because she is very scared the school is going to go under. Do you think those higher ups, who have doctorates, and all of that know what they are doing? Or do you think they are getting some kickback incentive while the school suffers?

So you see, its not necessarily about the "science". It's about pushing what the powers that be want, and if they think it's true, than they are going to push forward regardless of what any lower level tells them. Theres is a benefit for them, regardless of what hapoens to the society from the cause and effect chain reaction of their actions.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 11:04:19 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2023, 10:58:44 AM »
Loosing your job in the field going against the grain isn't going to be beneficial.

'Losing.' (College will nick you for that.)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2023, 11:06:35 AM »
'Losing.' (College will nick you for that.)

You ever wonder why most of my posts are edited? I'm typing on a phone quickly and don't re-read until I post. Also why I became a #s guy and not a writer.  :D
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-