Author Topic: Anyone watching the Woman;s World Football Championship?  (Read 4445 times)

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
Re: Anyone watching the Woman;s World Football Championship?
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2023, 03:16:31 PM »
Why does it feel this has immediately become an issue of relative pay on a left-wing / right-wing politics footing instead of about sport?
equity of outcome vs equal opportunity.

Is why.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2023, 03:20:30 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2022/12/02/1140418269/2022-world-cup-us-men-women-team-pay

You and I work for a company doing piece work.

You make 20 widgets a day and I make 10.

Boss says I'm paying you both for making 15.

Equity

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2023, 03:26:46 PM »
You and I work for a company doing piece work.

You make 20 widgets a day and I make 10.

Boss says I'm paying you both for making 15.

Equity
I think we need to approach the situation as if the women’s and Men’s teams make different products.

Chuikov

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2023, 03:37:17 PM »
equity of outcome vs equal opportunity.

Is why.

Appreciate the civil response. There's a lot of legacy overcorrection I expert is what's going on. It's always a bumpy ride.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2023, 03:48:53 PM »
I think we need to approach the situation as if the women’s and Men’s teams make different products.

so "football" isnt "football"?

Here is the hard truth. Much of women's sports is nowhere near as popular as men's.  That US women's team was beat by 15-year-old boys. Hard to market that.
Soooo....
The sanctioning body doesn't want to be called misogynists, so they cave and equity all around.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2023, 03:51:00 PM »
Appreciate the civil response. There's a lot of legacy overcorrection I expert is what's going on. It's always a bumpy ride.

No problem, I thought that was an honest question, so believe an honest answer was called for.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2023, 04:01:14 PM »
Women make up 50% of the population. Why don't they support women's sports?  They demand equality but then don't support that which they demand equality for.  It comes off as disingenuous.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2023, 04:08:03 PM »
Males and females are different. Daft to say otherwise. Equal respect and equitable pay etc is a different matter.

No problem, I thought that was an honest question, so believe an honest answer was called for.

:salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2023, 04:11:52 PM »
Slightly off-topic... Motor sports is my thing, specifically motorcycles. I root for this kid to win every time I watch. She could race in the all female class and dominate it, but she doesn't.

IMHO, she has more grit than that whole women's team combined.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2023, 04:16:05 PM »
Males and females are different. Daft to say otherwise. 100%

Equal respect and equitable pay etc is a different matter.

:salute

Respect them for their LVL of play, sure.
They should be paid for what they are able to bring in. Not what someone else has done.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2023, 04:29:29 PM »
I don't know anything about soccer or how popular men's soccer is versus women's soccer, but I know that in the NBA compared to the women's basketball league the men's league is hundreds of times more popular and makes probably hundreds of times more money. Yet the women think they should get equal pay to the men? It's not about the gender, it's about them actual product. Women's basketball is not remotely as popular as men's basketball.

So I don't know where they think the money will come from. Lol..

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2023, 04:32:24 PM »
I don't know anything about soccer or how popular men's soccer is versus women's soccer, but I know that in the NBA compared to the women's basketball league the men's league is hundreds of times more popular and makes probably hundreds of times more money. Yet the women think they should get equal pay to the men? It's not about the gender, it's about them actual product. Women's basketball is not remotely as popular as men's basketball.

From the men, silly.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2023, 08:06:15 PM »

Yet basic economics courses are no longer required in our schools ...
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2023, 08:30:08 PM »
I'm surprised more men don't watch Woman's soccer just to check out those nice Arses  :D I'm tellin you, some of the nicest out there. Though it does them no favor to disrespect their country and thats why so many Americans dont care. Besides soccer was never really a big American sport. The majority of people who watch sports arent self hating blue haired fat slobs that for some reason the soccer girls are trying to bend toward as a target market. Those types of woman don't care about sports. That leaves the few men who know about the arses and the few athletic woman who play soccer on their political spectrum who actually like soccer enough to watch it.

BTW, of course they are going to lose or have a close match with very good 15 year olds. They are basically the same size and strength of 15 year old boys. It's soccer afterall...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 08:33:00 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2023, 09:36:35 PM »
I'm surprised more men don't watch Woman's soccer just to check out those nice Arses  :D I'm tellin you, some of the nicest out there. Though it does them no favor to disrespect their country and thats why so many Americans dont care. Besides soccer was never really a big American sport. The majority of people who watch sports arent self hating blue haired fat slobs that for some reason the soccer girls are trying to bend toward as a target market. Those types of woman don't care about sports. That leaves the few men who know about the arses and the few athletic woman who play soccer on their political spectrum who actually like soccer enough to watch it.

BTW, of course they are going to lose or have a close match with very good 15 year olds. They are basically the same size and strength of 15 year old boys. It's soccer afterall...

They got beat 5-2 by Dallas FC 15 y/o’s

Chuikov