Author Topic: 2v1 Map Hoarding  (Read 2859 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: 2v1 Map Hoarding
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2023, 10:03:54 PM »
did anybody noticed the big furball on the se sector.  for about 2 hours all 3 countries battled it out there.  till a few knights went for the map.  it wasnt easy 1 guy stopped 2 base takes till he went to sleep, I guess.

always many sides to a story.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2023, 10:03:27 AM »
Long flight for fighter support up north.. map problem.

Yup, one of the main issues I see with lack of fights are long distance bases. Especially if a team is hoarding a field and you have to roll more than a sector away to defend it. It makes defending very tough.

This map is not suitable for the current player base. Normally one team is always actionless. As my post pointed out, both teams bringing bish down to 75% with 7 players on the map... even Stepsis tried to roll to defend and he was met with a hoard in Yaks at 25k to gang him. Just ridiculous. This IMO, is a direct result of the morning crew ruining the gameplay for most of the day, causing both sides to claim their bases back and gang bish.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2023, 02:08:41 PM »
I had a great time last night furballing with Bish.  Had no idea Violater was butthurt while landing all his kills.  gp5 was his amazing aggressive self.  I had no idea someone wanted "win a map".  Maybe because I don't care.  Thanks for the fights, bish.
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2023, 05:09:39 PM »
I had a great time last night furballing with Bish.  Had no idea Violater was butthurt while landing all his kills.  gp5 was his amazing aggressive self.  I had no idea someone wanted "win a map".  Maybe because I don't care.  Thanks for the fights, bish.

Haha, I would say butthurt is right the word, more like irritated, however as you can see with the smaller map last night the fights were a bit better and had over 120 players on. Though eventually the fight dried up for the bish side so I switched to rooks but was tough as a few sorties was getting ganged. The overall fight last night was pretty fun and definitely much better on a map like Smpizza
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2023, 06:25:27 PM »
Meh!
Pretty standard issue for knits. After 8:30 had one small battle in the southern area, a small base grab up north, and not much fight to be found. Normal Bish and Rook only war.  Again, like always.

Wondered 4 bases deep, only to find one Nik that HOrd me. Then later got HOd again, Typical of that country.

Had a good time, but almost none of it was fighting.
Dodn’t find the fun I sought <shrug>
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2023, 07:32:45 AM »
Yet another warless night for Knits while Bish and Rooks continue their eternal lovefest wars.

I’m convinced they are too skeered  to fight knits.

2nd night in a row, Flew two boring as sin sorties and logged.

Side note:  I rank lowest cuz I don’t fly enough. Usually around 750 rank, now lowest rank is 350?  Thats a problem.

McDonalds will change anything but the meat patty, which is why they suck. They’ll put anything on it to make it better, but refuse to fix their main problem. The patty.

We want the game to grow while refusing to change ways. No change = no change.

I think map size has nothing to do with it. Yall do the same thing no matter the size.

I’d rather have 2 countries piling on us over no fight at all.

I think its fear of losing rank status cause they might have their butts handed to them. they might have to do something besides HOs  :)
<runs>

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 07:42:24 AM by Animl-AW »

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2023, 08:41:19 AM »
It’s all relative to your time zone. We were attacking nits the whole time I was on last night.

People really need to just let this go.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2023, 08:54:21 AM »
It’s all relative to your time zone. We were attacking nits the whole time I was on last night.

People really need to just let this go.

Ya I got on a little late 8:30p CST.
I’ll check other times, but that’s all I ever see.

I flew across the entire arena without one fight, HQ guns got me lol.

I’ll have to find that illusive time. :)

I’ll have lettuce, tomato, and bacon on it. If not, I’m taking my Cheetos and goin home.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 09:06:11 AM by Animl-AW »

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2023, 10:07:19 AM »
8am EDT.  You'll usually find plenty of fights in Knitland.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2023, 01:39:13 PM »
Yet another warless night for Knits while Bish and Rooks continue their eternal lovefest wars.

I’m convinced they are too skeered  to fight knits.

2nd night in a row, Flew two boring as sin sorties and logged.

Side note:  I rank lowest cuz I don’t fly enough. Usually around 750 rank, now lowest rank is 350?  Thats a problem.

McDonalds will change anything but the meat patty, which is why they suck. They’ll put anything on it to make it better, but refuse to fix their main problem. The patty.

We want the game to grow while refusing to change ways. No change = no change.

I think map size has nothing to do with it. Yall do the same thing no matter the size.

I’d rather have 2 countries piling on us over no fight at all.

I think its fear of losing rank status cause they might have their butts handed to them. they might have to do something besides HOs  :)
<runs>

I've too, noticed the lack of fights for the knits. I believe it's because most of the knits are good fighters and they can be tough to fight. Idk, just a theory, though it does seem like Rooks try to roll bish as much as possible. I've had to switch bish most of the time because they are always being ganged by both sides.

The map does matter. Smaller maps engineer bigger fights, but a lot of it has to do with base distance. It also helps if all teams can engage either other from a closer distance. Long distances really kill fights.

Idk about rank, tbh, most just fly timidly because they want to stay alive. Rank is pretty easy to be Top 10 If you try. Heck I pulled #1 fighter after Friday after going 7 deaths and 2 lands.

Here's the thing about HOs, you have to expect it every time and do more to dodge it. You can't ever expect a cold merge, or even a 2 O'clock cold pass. Especially from a higher angle. You see even if I hadn't taken that shot the other night. I was still faster and would have emmilman over the top and got your 6. You it wouldn't have worked out for you anyway haha. But I also thought were BAR and wanted sweet revenge. Always roll those ailerons and scissors leading up the pass, this will make it very tough to hit you in the HO. Never fly straight and never expect them not to HO.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2023, 03:07:26 PM »
I've too, noticed the lack of fights for the knits. I believe it's because most of the knits are good fighters and they can be tough to fight. Idk, just a theory, though it does seem like Rooks try to roll bish as much as possible. I've had to switch bish most of the time because they are always being ganged by both sides.

The map does matter. Smaller maps engineer bigger fights, but a lot of it has to do with base distance. It also helps if all teams can engage either other from a closer distance. Long distances really kill fights.

Idk about rank, tbh, most just fly timidly because they want to stay alive. Rank is pretty easy to be Top 10 If you try. Heck I pulled #1 fighter after Friday after going 7 deaths and 2 lands.

Here's the thing about HOs, you have to expect it every time and do more to dodge it. You can't ever expect a cold merge, or even a 2 O'clock cold pass. Especially from a higher angle. You see even if I hadn't taken that shot the other night. I was still faster and would have emmilman over the top and got your 6. You it wouldn't have worked out for you anyway haha. But I also thought were BAR and wanted sweet revenge. Always roll those ailerons and scissors leading up the pass, this will make it very tough to hit you in the HO. Never fly straight and never expect them not to HO.

All true enough and known.

Ya, I would have made it to you, but would have had to put my nose down after. I was after before entering the clouds, lost ya. So when you came charging out I was not prepared, surprise!!

Seriously i think you got s head shot on the first round. It just went black. Lol didn’t even see the muzzle flash.

I roll a lot. Might even be a trade mark. HA!

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2023, 03:37:09 PM »
I've too, noticed the lack of fights for the knits. I believe it's because most of the knits are good fighters and they can be tough to fight.

I'm the exception that proves the rule.     :joystick:

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2023, 10:03:16 PM »
I've too, noticed the lack of fights for the knits. I believe it's because most of the knits are good fighters and they can be tough to fight.

I'm not being a dweeb, but I think there is some truth to that. Neither B or R have a great time with us with equal force. Only way they beat us down is being way outnumbered. They have a rough time taking bases from us that are protected, even with hordes. Again, went into Rook Nation, first 4 fights were instant headons,... that's fear. :)

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2023, 10:22:21 PM »
I'm not being a dweeb, but I think there is some truth to that. Neither B or R have a great time with us with equal force. Only way they beat us down is being way outnumbered. They have a rough time taking bases from us that are protected, even with hordes. Again, went into Rook Nation, first 4 fights were instant headons,... that's fear. :)

I fly for Bish as that is where my squad flies. I hate flying against the Rooks as MOST of them feel the need to come in at 20K, far too many "pickers". The Knits are a fun fight unless you run into a horde of Yaks.

Las tnight the Rooks were pushing for one of our bases on the lower east coast of "Crater" map and after a hard fought defense they gave up and moved to attack the Knits. Animal. I thing you logged too soon.

Unfortunately I think the game has turned toward a game where points, or surviving has become the be all of the game. The only reason I look to survive is so I dont have to fly 7 minutes to get back to the fight. We have lost those players that play the game to its fullest. Years ago a squad vs squad battle over a single base could last a whole night of flying. These days if two players show up to defend a base the other team moves to a totaly different front to try for an easyer target. Its really sad.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2023, 11:58:32 PM »
I fly for Bish as that is where my squad flies. I hate flying against the Rooks as MOST of them feel the need to come in at 20K, far too many "pickers". The Knits are a fun fight unless you run into a horde of Yaks.

Las tnight the Rooks were pushing for one of our bases on the lower east coast of "Crater" map and after a hard fought defense they gave up and moved to attack the Knits. Animal. I thing you logged too soon.

Unfortunately I think the game has turned toward a game where points, or surviving has become the be all of the game. The only reason I look to survive is so I dont have to fly 7 minutes to get back to the fight. We have lost those players that play the game to its fullest. Years ago a squad vs squad battle over a single base could last a whole night of flying. These days if two players show up to defend a base the other team moves to a totaly different front to try for an easyer target. Its really sad.

Seems after 10p CST Knits finally start to get fights, as a forming pattern. But again tonight, we had to go in a kick a bee hive to get one. First 4 fights I got HOed...Ya,.. can't pay for a fight, might as well log.

I agree, it doesn't take all that much to deter some. I think low numbers just makes that stand out more.

As in the old days as well. We have age, concept and skill differences. I'm curious the age and location of daytime shift.

We had a similar point system in AW, many of us never cared. I remember taking a shot and running up to #1 pilot for like 2-3 days. I didn't have as much fun as just living the sim/game. One will play different depending on the path they choose.

I like when someone thinks dragging me into base guns will deter me and make me flip around,.....nope. Cause it's just fun. I'm weird like that. If I get a kill and have a clear ride home, I might even land it, usually it's who's next! until I die. I die,... a lot. I still want to fly perked planes so it's good to accumulate some points.

I ran a well disciplined squad in AW and the first days of AH, so I know how cool it is to do all that stuff. That can be an immersion all by itself. AZ and CZ were like Bish and Rooks at times, BZ waiting for a fight. So I'd take the squad, who ever was on, 3-17s surrounded by 5-51s (usually heavy) and 5-38s and go high right over their war and destroy a deep base, 51s and 38s would take on everyone below us and/or what was left standing. That usually broke up that war real quick. Now it seems they'll just pick at the edges waiting for an invitation.

I think a point system is good, I think squad ops and goals are good, but some will always become fixated with the points.
"I got more points because of the ACM I just learned" Kewl
"I got more points by HOing everyone" wait, what?
"I survived because I won't fight" <blank stare>

I think point mongers can't see the forest because the trees are in the way. They just scratch the surface of the sim/game. Some snivel a lot.

I think scenarios tend to get peeps more in tune. We supposedly have one coming up next month. I hope it's a packed house.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks