Author Topic: 2v1 Map Hoarding  (Read 2856 times)

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
Re: 2v1 Map Hoarding
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2023, 07:12:24 PM »
Just to show again clearly but 1 small fight between knit & rook while both continue to pounce on 3rd country during "PRIME TIME HOURS". Barely even worth fighting unless ENY kicks in so hard that everyone else ought to be in WW1 or spit 1 aircraft fighting against bish 262s. Would love to see how long other country would continue fighting..

« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 07:15:18 PM by THRASH99 »

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2023, 07:16:58 PM »
Ghee it’s almost like teams should be kept even at all times of day.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2023, 07:30:34 PM »
A Joker complaining about hoarding.
I have now seen everything in game, I think  :headscratch:
 :P
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2023, 11:22:54 AM »

:aok  :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2023, 04:35:35 PM »
I have now seen everything in game, I think  :headscratch:
 :P

That is not "hoarding", that is beating down an opponent. In the past I have seen Skuzzy come online and reset the map, because of stupid game play like that. I suspect Hitech, is occupied and doesn't have time to monitor the arena 24/7.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2023, 02:35:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure if Luftwaffe had map reset button, they used it during last years of WW2.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2023, 04:29:52 AM »
That is not "hoarding", that is beating down an opponent. In the past I have seen Skuzzy come online and reset the map, because of stupid game play like that. I suspect Hitech, is occupied and doesn't have time to monitor the arena 24/7.

Kenai.. I do love you brother however this is just warped.
IF I get a chance to play in the AM hours, its always been the same story. Bish always outnumber the 2 other countries put together AND they usually attack each at once. Even with ENY, it is futile when they spawn like roaches. Yes its a beatdown but by numbers, not by skill.

I love the theories that all this is a planned, coordinated attack between 2 countries against 1. IF you ever get a chance to switch, you will see you can not herd cats. Its all about maps, map placement and mood of each player. That recent map has those Vbases that GVers LOVE to play. Baltic ( I think) has fighter town, which everyone loves to furball thus leaving most bases unattended or people less interested in what the map status is like.  Squad Ops is another consideration. The country that has the more active squad members is usually the one that will defend and attack more.

Why would HT reset the map for this? it is my notion each country has uncapturable bases so no matter what the scenario is, you always have a base to up. If your going to reset the map for country hoarding, why not make each map uncapturable after 20%?

You have choices here. You can switch sides or just do what most knights are doing and not worry about the map. There will always be a new one.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2023, 06:16:22 AM »
Everyone sign up for auto country assign to balance numbers..

*crickets*

Or let's keep complaining about lopsided numbers...whining continues..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2023, 08:26:28 AM »
Horde, hordes, horded, hording.    :old:
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2023, 08:30:54 AM »
IF I get a chance to play in the AM hours, its always been the same story. Bish always outnumber the 2 other countries put together AND they usually attack each at once. Even with ENY, it is futile when they spawn like roaches. Yes its a beatdown but by numbers, not by skill.

I love the theories that all this is a planned, coordinated attack between 2 countries against 1. IF you ever get a chance to switch, you will see you can not herd cats. Its all about maps, map placement and mood of each player. That recent map has those Vbases that GVers LOVE to play. Baltic ( I think) has fighter town, which everyone loves to furball thus leaving most bases unattended or people less interested in what the map status is like.  Squad Ops is another consideration. The country that has the more active squad members is usually the one that will defend and attack more.

Why would HT reset the map for this? it is my notion each country has uncapturable bases so no matter what the scenario is, you always have a base to up. If your going to reset the map for country hoarding, why not make each map uncapturable after 20%?

You have choices here. You can switch sides or just do what most knights are doing and not worry about the map. There will always be a new one.

It’s all relative but nobody cares. Solid post oTRALFZo :x
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2023, 08:31:02 AM »
I think there is an argument to be made right now that no bases should be capturable once a team only has 60% fields or so. I'm not sure what it's at now. Unfortunately AM bish hoard is ruining the gameplay generally for the rest of day. If they don't win in the AM, it's the other teams clawing back their bases from bish for the rest of the day essentially double teaming them.

I think If most of the big maps where removed, you'd see a lot better gameplay, because the bish would win in the AM, log, and create a new start to a better map and allow the afternoon crowd to have a fair start leaving better fights during prime time.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 08:33:09 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2023, 08:40:46 AM »
You need mixed maps. Can’t just have one size fits all because it never does. I don’t like furballing and tend to play less on smaller maps. The game is not only about air to air combat. Some people like to do other things.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2023, 09:18:46 AM »
You need mixed maps. Can’t just have one size fits all because it never does. I don’t like furballing and tend to play less on smaller maps. The game is not only about air to air combat. Some people like to do other things.

You can do other things on small maps, too.  No one says you have to up at the base where the furball is taking place.  The only person in control of your sorties is you.

Edit:  I think that sounds rude, and I'm really not trying to be.  I'm simply stating that there's always options.  When I log on, I decide how I'm going to make my own fun.  I mix it up to keep the game interesting to me. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 09:46:43 AM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2023, 10:22:02 AM »
I have been using the new Submarine available le to those with 50,000 or more perks.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2023, 11:47:41 AM »

Tralfz, I hear you. More often than not, in the mornings when I see that, I log on with my grandson's account, and either fly knit or rook. However I must tell you I don't get to play mornings very often.

My post was directed at ALL 3 countries. Bish do it, Rooks do it, and Knits do it, no one is innocent. My point was that there is NEVER a justification for one country to take another country down to 50%, period. It is poor sportsmanship at the least, and detrimental to the game at the worst.

As to resetting the map, I wouldn't worry about it, Hitech has enough on his plate without worrying about this.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76