Author Topic: 2v1 Map Hoarding  (Read 2623 times)

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
2v1 Map Hoarding
« on: August 26, 2023, 09:36:56 PM »
Immediately left the game after login, 0 ENY for either side with Knights @ 44% Bish bases and 5% Rook bases during prime time hours.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 09:40:54 PM by THRASH99 »

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: 2v1 Map Hoarding
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 09:42:01 PM »
Was most definitely eny earlier, rooms were in the 20’s, nits 4-7.

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 10:32:23 PM »
Was most definitely eny earlier, rooms were in the 20’s, nits 4-7.
85 total online, country stats showed 0.0 for everyone

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 08:40:44 AM »
For the win the war types last night sucked. Rooks and Knits seemed to spend all night trying to take the last couple of "capturable" bish bases while ignoring each other. At both bases it was a few buffs groups and 6-8 fighters coming in over and over again. Defenders got lots of kills but very few fights. Follow a fighter in as he drops and pop him as he climbs out.                     

For Bish buffs to get out it was tough to get any alt seeing as we had such a small territory left, or you could just run off the map and climb out like some well known "general" did to hit strats.

Certainly not a great night of fun. Also certainly not a great way to keep players interested in the game.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 09:04:49 AM »
The knit/rook double team on bish is getting very tiring and lame. Hell a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't even get Bish to defend the rooks from winning the map because the stupid knits were still fighting the bish when they should have been taking knit fields back on Northco. Just stupid gameplay all around. Can't heard cats I guess, but come on. It's also to be blamed on the morning bish crew ruining the gameplay for the bish for the rest of the day with their strong armed gang squad. Unfortunately Hitech cannot fix this. It's player oriented, but very lame.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 09:34:18 AM »
While I don’t fly every day, it is my experience that rarely Knights have the upper hand anywhere. I usually log in at 8pm CST. In, fact its hard for knits to find a fight. When I see this good chance I’ll log.

Usually Bish and Rooks go at it and don’t pay attention to knits. Most common view I have between 8p-10p. Yas just took their own meds and didn’t like it. We can debate this until the world goes flat, but these are my most common experiences, at 8p-10p

Last night population was 120.

This sim changes depending on time/shift groups. Morning, evening, late night. Bigger crowds tend to be late evening/night (7-10). If more flew at the same time numbers would be higher, better wars. We could hit 200. People in other countries and time zones may find this hard to do.

To have an average of 120 nightly in summer is a good sign to me. I’m hoping to see 140-160 in winter.

I’m happy that ch 200 and BBS has cleaned up, a bit. Kudos!. This helps the game all by itself. More numbers will promote positive warring, which will hopefully produce more players.

2 cents

Side note: I’m not sure how I became “a bad guy” , but <shrug>.
Actually we know how that happened, making videos to promote. <blank stare>
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 09:36:03 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023, 12:36:10 PM »
While I don’t fly every day, it is my experience that rarely Knights have the upper hand anywhere. I usually log in at 8pm CST. In, fact its hard for knits to find a fight. When I see this good chance I’ll log.

Usually Bish and Rooks go at it and don’t pay attention to knits. Most common view I have between 8p-10p. Yas just took their own meds and didn’t like it. We can debate this until the world goes flat, but these are my most common experiences, at 8p-10p

Last night population was 120.

This is typically the case when I’m on, too.  I laugh at these kinds of posts because it all depends on the time and/or the day. Some days the knights are getting pummeled, some days knights are doing the pummeling. Numbers change so quickly that switching sides really doesn’t help that much because fights die so quickly when I’m on. I try to log on for at least an hour every night or so, but if the map looks “boring” I go play farming simulator lol.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023, 12:56:16 PM »
This is typically the case when I’m on, too.  I laugh at these kinds of posts because it all depends on the time and/or the day. Some days the knights are getting pummeled, some days knights are doing the pummeling. Numbers change so quickly that switching sides really doesn’t help that much because fights die so quickly when I’m on. I try to log on for at least an hour every night or so, but if the map looks “boring” I go play farming simulator lol.

You would think people would understand clocks by now but oh well.

I play usually 8-11P est and there is always some combination of the above. If it’s a slower night with few fights I just go pork bases or something by myself until something picks up.

Sometimes the best way to find a fight is to go start one.  :aok
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2023, 01:10:30 PM »
You would think people would understand clocks by now but oh well.

I play usually 8-11P est and there is always some combination of the above. If it’s a slower night with few fights I just go pork bases or something by myself until something picks up.

Sometimes the best way to find a fight is to go start one.  :aok

Nothing surprises me anymore...I work in education  :rofl

But I do agree! If the map is boring and I have nothing else to do, I'll up a set of buffs or an M4 with rockets and go bomb a random town or two  :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2023, 03:28:01 PM »
Don't care what time it is, what 2 are ganging up on the third one, How many players are on line, IT IS NEVER Justified to take 40% of ANY country. Hitech needs to include that into the ENY calculation. Any country that has more than 30% of another country needs ENY adjusted to 20.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2023, 03:30:02 PM »
Immediately left the game after login, 0 ENY for either side with Knights @ 44% Bish bases and 5% Rook bases during prime time hours.

0 ENY states that there could be an even match up. But last night Bish/Rooks just furballed all day leaving the Knight front with no opposition. I have logged on mornings to see Bish outnumbering both countries put together but the few friendlies that were active were either trying to take Rook bases or on long strat bombing missions.

Cant herd cats in this game. Even the all mighty bish. Have to blame your country mates for not defending as much as the hoarders.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2023, 03:37:23 PM »
Have to blame your country mates for not defending as much as the hoarders.

Well, there's one particular player repeating how we must attack, attack and once more attack and take new bases instead of defending existing ones. Last time I was up we did so. And lost two bases against every single one we took.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2023, 06:21:56 PM »
Well, there's one particular player repeating how we must attack, attack and once more attack and take new bases instead of defending existing ones. Last time I was up we did so. And lost two bases against every single one we took.

Your side has a boss?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2023, 06:25:13 PM »
Don't care what time it is, what 2 are ganging up on the third one, How many players are on line, IT IS NEVER Justified to take 40% of ANY country. Hitech needs to include that into the ENY calculation. Any country that has more than 30% of another country needs ENY adjusted to 20.
Agreed. 
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2023, 06:33:29 PM »

+1  Good idea