Author Topic: Active Players  (Read 8342 times)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Re: Active Players
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2023, 02:53:13 PM »
Just logged. Saturday night, 10pm euro, 4pm est. almost 70 players, not bad.
Flew for about an hour, could barely find a fight. Drove some vehicles, resupplied, flew around.....
map is huge, it's beautiful, but in terms of finding a fight, just too big. Fields too far apart, action to broad.

In other sims not to be mentioned, with 30 people on the server i can usually find a fight much faster, without inflight radar.

Maps need a rethink in view of current numbers. They were great for 300 people, they don't work for 50.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2023, 03:16:26 PM »
Maps need a rethink in view of current numbers. They were great for 300 people, they don't work for 50.

Especially spreading them across 3 fronts.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2023, 03:19:49 PM »
Agree or disagree doesn't give him the right to spam abusive sexually obscene PM.

Don't know about yours, but the stuff he sent me and others would have got him banned on the forum instantly.  Which is why he harasses through PM and attacking YT accounts.

And then plays innocent victim on the forum.

At least anything I say, I say right out in the open.  I don't hide behind PM\YT stalking.

Well nothing near that but I can certainly see it.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2023, 04:22:16 PM »
Always thought it would be better to be too crowded on a smaller map than way too spread out on a larger map as we are now

Is there a minimum size the map makers need to stick to?

Smaller maps would be faster to build I would think and also win providing more variety than stagnation

I seriously think some of the maps could be reduced by 60 to 70% of their current size with today's numbers

Very small maps from 6am to 6pm est then small/medium maps the next 12 hrs..nothing the size we have today

If would be nice to see large dar bars in the majority of the map squares when you login

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2023, 08:34:57 PM »
Animal I think you need a wellness check. Stop sending me messages.
huh

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2023, 09:57:50 PM »
huh

NOPE!
Stop playing victims to the response of your own post. Professional victims.

Daddy was upset that I mention what I did and missed the whole point.... they had a not of money to spen, that was on subject. So quite frankly YOU guys blew it off subject.

stop mistaking me for someone who cares what you cause yourself. Get a kleenex as bite ankles somewhere else. RWT

Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2023, 10:32:56 PM »

That right there is a stable genius.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2023, 11:24:53 PM »
NOPE!
Stop playing victims to the response of your own post. Professional victims.

Daddy was upset that I mention what I did and missed the whole point.... they had a not of money to spen, that was on subject. So quite frankly YOU guys blew it off subject.

stop mistaking me for someone who cares what you cause yourself. Get a kleenex as bite ankles somewhere else. RWT

Umm sure. Everyone misses it, even those that agree with your ramblings. You are certainly out… standing in your field!  :salute

Imagine my surprise when my first kill of Sunday night was an assist on you.

Usually when you’re pointing at everyone else… it’s usually you.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 12:07:55 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2023, 12:50:18 AM »
Man after all the years I played this game , served on many different levels to help make the game better with serving as an AvA staffer to a CM for the game for Snapshots and FSO and also Other events here. I am close to coming back have the game downloaded and even practicing my mouse flying for fighters  tanks and bomber I had alot of players who have been here since day one that helped me out alot including the late and Great Ack-Ack along with Shuffler to keep me here back in the days. Yes I play another game that was is free the graphics are 30 time better and I have spent some money o. That game ya they use prototypes and other equipment that was close to being see. In war and no it is not world of tanks I tried that game and it sucks it is another game i play in like other who are trying to get me to try that Harrier Game . Even though I am not active here alot I. The game but the Molsman will be back soon even if I can help creating ew events for FSO
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2023, 01:12:47 AM »
Mols!  Come play in the October scenario.  :aok

Details:
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2023, 01:39:17 AM »
Mols!  Come play in the October scenario.  :aok

Details:
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario

I will try and come on as a walk on the only day know I can’t do is the 28th that’s my Halloween cookout party. But ya have to remember I will be a mouse player no more fancy flight controllers like my old saitek 52 pro or my ch pedals
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2023, 06:28:09 AM »
Always thought it would be better to be too crowded on a smaller map than way too spread out on a larger map as we are now

Smaller maps would be faster to build I would think and also win providing more variety than stagnation

I seriously think some of the maps could be reduced by 60 to 70% of their current size with today's numbers

Very small maps from 6am to 6pm est then small/medium maps the next 12 hrs..nothing the size we have today

If would be nice to see large dar bars in the majority of the map squares when you login

Eagler

It would be good for the current player base, and it could help revive numbers a bit.  If people actually found a war when they logged in, they might log in more.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2023, 07:00:47 AM »
It would be good for the current player base, and it could help revive numbers a bit.  If people actually found a war when they logged in, they might log in more.

My thoughts exactly..

Seems the most easy way to attempt a change

Literally take a map and cut at least 50% of it out and give it a go..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2023, 07:29:05 AM »

Eagler

They would have to make 10 mini maps. The issue would be the win the war types would blow through a mini map in an hour or two due to the number of bases/ bases needed for the win. They could adjust the percentage needed to win to increase the number of bases a team would need to capture to win the map, but then you would have what we had in the old days.....and sometimes these days. One team pushed back to 1 or 2 uncapturable base endlessly being vulched.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2023, 08:55:57 AM »
They would have to make 10 mini maps. The issue would be the win the war types would blow through a mini map in an hour or two due to the number of bases/ bases needed for the win.

This.

This morning the numbers are 24 v 7 v 6, with the 7 and 6 fighting each other.  Only the players can change this dynamic.  (There are coding changes that might help, but that would probable upset the 24 who enjoy the horde.)
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?