Author Topic: Risking the AH Fleet… Never!  (Read 850 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Risking the AH Fleet… Never!
« on: October 22, 2023, 06:16:16 PM »
The practice of hoarding and hiding task groups is a super sized pet peeve of mine. The I’m taking my ball and going home doctrine is very boring.

BUT Dad!! If we use them and they get killed then the other country gets to use it! See This way nobody gets to use it and it’s way way more fun don’t you see? 

Just knock it off already!  :old:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Risking the AH Fleet… Never!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 07:39:02 PM »
It is one thing to get them gathered up for an attack (course at this point it be a bit on the useless side due to numbers), it is another just hiding them in the back.  Don't know how many times I've had to fly Lancs at 100% fuel to hunt CV's in the back of that one REALLY big map, one I've long since forgotten the name too.  :(  I know that the map had bases in the middle, and potato-esc islands between the bigger landmasses.  :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 10:25:48 AM »
It is one thing to get them gathered up for an attack (course at this point it be a bit on the useless side due to numbers), it is another just hiding them in the back.  Don't know how many times I've had to fly Lancs at 100% fuel to hunt CV's in the back of that one REALLY big map, one I've long since forgotten the name too.  :(  I know that the map had bases in the middle, and potato-esc islands between the bigger landmasses.  :headscratch:

I’ve tried to gather them up when we have like four or more TG’s but it generally take a long time and someone always gets a better idea before they can meet up.

Hiding them is so lame and childish.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 10:56:39 AM »
There weren't any carriers in the European conflict...

It's OK if some maps don't have any ships imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 11:06:54 AM »
There weren't any carriers in the European conflict...

It's OK if some maps don't have any ships imo

Eagler

Not true.  HMS Ark Royal instrumental in Sinking the Bismarck, and there were additional British CVS involved in delivering aircraft to Malta.  I think the USS Wasp might’ve been involved as well?

In addition, the was CV support for Operation Torch, the invasion of N Africa…(USS Ranger?)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 11:17:01 AM »
Not true.  HMS Ark Royal instrumental in Sinking the Bismarck, and there were additional British CVS involved in delivering aircraft to Malta.  I think the USS Wasp might’ve been involved as well?

In addition, the was CV support for Operation Torch, the invasion of N Africa…(USS Ranger?)

Ok but nothing like the Pacific

A map or two without boats is something I am game for..

A map or two without gv's is another...

Imagine a map with everyone in a plane in a game built for a2a?

The horror..lol

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2023, 11:21:27 AM »
Moving the goalposts.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2023, 11:37:09 AM »
Moving the goalposts.

Stating a fact

Eagler

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2023, 11:53:46 AM »
Let's not even mention the guy who constantly manipulates the BB/CV groups, only to sink them when he's autoswitched.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2023, 02:07:01 PM »
Let's not even mention the guy who constantly manipulates the BB/CV groups, only to sink them when he's autoswitched.

Glad we have people who like to auto switch but there should be more restraints on what you can do or you’re just cheating the system.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2023, 03:27:33 PM »

A map or two without boats is something I am game for..

It would tick of a good portion of the players. Many complain that the flight time is too long from base to base. The biggest plus of a CV group is a launch pointnear a field for quick action.

A map or two without gv's is another...

Imagine a map with everyone in a plane in a game built for a2a?

The horror..lol

Eagler

And removing GVs all together would have 30-50% of players log of when ever one of those maps comes up. Forcing GV players in fighters is like forcing you into a GV. How long would you play if it was a GV only map?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2023, 03:44:13 PM »
It would tick of a good portion of the players. Many complain that the flight time is too long from base to base. The biggest plus of a CV group is a launch pointnear a field for quick action.

And removing GVs all together would have 30-50% of players log of when ever one of those maps comes up. Forcing GV players in fighters is like forcing you into a GV. How long would you play if it was a GV only map?

Pay attention..... this here fellers got a point.  :cheers: Fugi
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2023, 07:44:13 PM »

Damn it man!  You know you are not to use logic!  :furious
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2023, 07:38:18 AM »
Heck of the maps were small enough and turn over quick enough I'd be for gv only, fighter only and with the right small naval map a ship only setup..

Variety is the spice of life guys!

:cheers:

Eagler

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2023, 08:59:15 AM »
I believe it is a good idea to move captured CV's away from their ports.   It increases the value of your groups by denying the enemy use of their boats. I see it as no difference than putting mines in a harbor, to keep boats in port.
Also, if you need more than a BB and a CV to take a base you are wasting resources!
                                   :banana: :airplane: :banana:
AkCaine