Author Topic: General behaviour and Sportsmanship in the MA  (Read 3775 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Re: General behaviour and Sportsmanship in the MA
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2023, 11:12:06 AM »
We should NOT have to leave ch200, because a FEW cannot separate decency and fair gameplay. Everyone here agreed to do that….signing up. Why anyone would think that it’s ok to bypass the “basic” rules of civil gameplay.

I am not de-tuning 200. Spoke with Dale today, and on several other occasions on this topic….and there is NO doubt in my mind that Dale does not support this kind of behaviour on coms. That is why he has Mods, but unfortunately they’re not always online.

I plan on doing something about this. I have 23 years invested in this sim, and there is NO WAY I am permitting a few….to ruin it for a lot.

You reap what you sow!
The vilest arguments for me in this game have been with Capera! Most recently I saw P47 pass over a ship 20k plus heading sw towards our strats. I upped a P47 and tried intercepting. Got there after he dropped his ords and got the kill. Capera starts by saying how dumb I was, and I Could not read the map, how smart he was by hitting the strat and I was a child for letting him get to his target. I was quite happy for getting the kill and was tickled by his saying he was smart "FREDO was smart also."
He has gone after the size of my member, out of the blue made derogatory remarks and generally done everything he could do to wreck the game for me. The day prior to this incident he went on a rant about Nits sinking a hidden CV, calling QUIET a cheat and a low life! This is the same CV that he so innocently changed sides to move.
He is the most toxic player in the game!!
AkCaine

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2023, 12:34:24 PM »
The solution to this problem has been right under our noses the whole time.

As we know, Moderators are not always present. That is why Dale incorporated a reporting system in the sim. You can find their name on the roster, right click....and report chat or report voice. This was devised by Hitech so that when mods were not available, a player has the means to report the event. Go to Roster, find the player's name that is being inappropriate, right click and either "Report chat" or "Report Voice".

Now I know you are all saying.....whats the point of that, it will not accomplish anything, but that is where you are wrong. Up until I spoke with Dale yesterday, I never knew that these reports are CUMULATIVE. Once you have collected/earned enough reports against you....the sim with remove your chat/vox privileges. Then the only way you can get your chat privileges back, is you have to Hitech Creations and you and him will walk through the data file. This is where you can explain to Dale why there are so many reports against you. Not a comfortable conversation.

Now for those players that think they can use this reporting system as a mean of revenge..... I would think twice. A few months ago.. I had a group of Bish mass report me. I had to call Dale....and we both walked thru the log file together. If he can see why you were muted, and it was legit, you will remain muted. In my case that time, I was instantly unmuted. But...he was clear about what is acceptable and what is now. These were his words, "If these guys did what I think they did, they will ALL be banned."  Not muted....banned. So before anyone tries that move....I would not recommend it.

End state is this.....This is OUR community, our flight sim, our home. If you think you are going to come on ch200 and harass others, be inappropriate and then not be held "Accountable"....you are going to soon see that you are sadly mistaken. Legit reports against you are cumulative

We only have a few...that strive to cause this negativity in the sim. Be sure to report them, when you witness this kind of BS....and let them explain themselves to the owner of the sim.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 12:39:01 PM by capera »

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2023, 01:07:51 PM »
I end up using squelch a lot sometimes. And NEVER tune 200.

I have no need to use squelch, as I do not argue with guys on my side. When I get pissed because of something, I whine to them and most probably create some hilarity. 200 I tune less than once a month and rarely write anything. When it turns toxic, I detune.

The solution to this problem has been right under our noses the whole time.

Yes, and it is simple: Everyone starts behaving like grown ups.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2023, 01:08:28 PM »

Odd that you forgot to mention you sexually assaulting people in their private messages. Or are you ok with that part?

Replied to this thinking it was being directed at me. Reasoning posted below.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 01:24:43 PM by capera »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2023, 01:15:09 PM »
You said something along those lines the other night to me. Calling me a pervert on 200. I had no idea what you were talking about then and now still don’t.

I never would do anything remotely close to that, so you must be misinformed.

If you are going to throw that accusation around, beat back it up with proof. I am reporting this

That comment was directed at Animl, not you.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2023, 01:16:51 PM »
That comment was directed at Animl, not you.

My bad....you're correct, it was not directed towards me in here.

Why I thought it was directed at me....Dad said exactly that to me, in game, the other night. I replied back at that time... I didnt know what he was talkin about.

See....this is a mentallity we are dealing with in the sim.

So...anyone have any idea why our numbers are falling? 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 01:25:24 PM by capera »

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2023, 01:32:08 PM »
I am going back to the sim, to enjoy my pass time. I am NOT being sucked into any negative battles...in here...or in game.

You're ALL big boys n girls. Follow the rules you accepted when you joined the sim.

Don't follow the rules, and people will simply use the reporting system to highlight YOUR efforts.

The accountability bus is coming for those who enjoy upsetting others in game.

:salute

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2023, 01:42:17 PM »
My bad....you're correct, it was not directed towards me in here.

Why I thought it was directed at me....Dad said exactly that to me, in game, the other night. I replied back at that time... I didnt know what he was talkin about.

See....this is a mentallity we are dealing with in the sim.

So...anyone have any idea why our numbers are falling?

lol what? You said you’re switching to Bish, I said “bye” nothing else, nothing more and you got all bent out of shape. All for a friendly good bye. Still surprised you posted this whole thread given your regular involvement in the nonsense. You’re no victim.

And also there is no way these reports are cumulative or several people who are considered veterans of this community would have been long gone. Vraciu is a good start. He says the most vile things to people with no provocation. You calling Dale to walk through reports seems a bit disingenuous too. How would anyone feel safe in reporting.

I’ve never said anything vile or inappropriate or toxic to anyone in the game or in here. I don’t report or squelch people or banter on 200. I ply the game the way I like, interact with a few fellas that I like to fly with and I ignore the rest.

There is a core group of people who play this game and also play this game of toxicity. All of them are hypocrites.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 02:02:30 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2023, 01:46:11 PM »

lol what? You said you’re switching to Bish, I said “bye” nothing else, nothing more and you got all bent out of shape. All for a friendly good bye

And also there is now way these reports are cumulative or several people who considered veterans of this community would have been long.

I swore you accused me on vox the other night about sending perverted messages....which I knew wasn't so.

Please accept my apologies for my mistake, thinking it was being directed at me.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2023, 01:57:43 PM »
whats 200? in the SEA2 we use vox 223 and everyone is nice.....most of the time. hehehe. as for 200 in the MA, its good for a laugh, shut it off or dont take it seriously. its a joke.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 02:00:54 PM by captain1ma »

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2023, 02:01:27 PM »
I swore you accused me on vox the other night about sending perverted messages....which I knew wasn't so.

Please accept my apologies for my mistake, thinking it was being directed at me.

Not me and not you lol. I was responding in this thread to Animl who very much does it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 02:03:34 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2023, 02:19:38 PM »
Not me and not you lol. I was responding in this thread to Animl who very much does it.

:aok

See you online. All good.  :salute

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2023, 04:44:07 PM »
Not gonna lie Osmium is as passively agressive and toxic as they come if he doesn't trust/respect you. A bona fide chickenchit who feels empowered by God himself. Will never let him live it down when he tried to convince me I sinned against God for keeping the Bishop HQ down on 4th of July this year. Such a tool... :bolt:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2023, 05:33:01 PM »
Not gonna lie Osmium is as passively agressive and toxic as they come if he doesn't trust/respect you. A bona fide chickenchit who feels empowered by God himself. Will never let him live it down when he tried to convince me I sinned against God for keeping the Bishop HQ down on 4th of July this year. Such a tool... :bolt:

Yeah but bringing down an HQ is akin to being the kid to raise his hand to ask the teacher if there's any homework over the weekend about _right_ when you are going to be dismissed early on a Friday.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2023, 06:13:46 PM »
Yeah but bringing down an HQ is akin to being the kid to raise his hand to ask the teacher if there's any homework over the weekend about _right_ when you are going to be dismissed early on a Friday.

Lol