Author Topic: Your car is spying on you with your cell phones help.  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Your car is spying on you with your cell phones help.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2023, 12:52:29 PM »
You can clear the stored recordings for the Amazon echo on hte Amazon servers whenever you want. Of course that means trusting Amazon to do what they say they will. If it gets to the point where the government listens to me on those we have much bigger problems.

My guess is that they already are...

Doesn't take a real person ...AI handles it all and reports what it has been programmed to flag..

Like my ip cameras, I  don't think they are not hacked so we won't be doing anything in view of them we don't care if the world sees..

My cousin laughed at our Garmin the other day..it does look quite antiquated

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2023, 01:16:14 PM »
Some cars take this a step further and use a camera that looks at your face to determine your mood or whether you are nodding off. 
I seem to remember that some Lexus cars as far back as when Lexus introduced the park assist could repossess themselves in Japan.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2023, 03:30:37 PM »
One of my biggest laughs.... people post a pic of their vehicle and blot out the plates. This same vehicle they drive all over creation in.
One can get a lot of information about you and your family from a license plate, but most don't have access to do so.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2023, 04:26:43 PM »
Unplugged dot com, maybe it's a little more private.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2023, 04:49:19 PM »
Just FYI.

A speaker is the same as a microphone, it's just used in reverse, it can be reversed and used as a microphone.

Point being,... when landline phones were the thing,... all one had to do is reverse 2 wires in your connection,... maybe even in the cable trunk system far away,... and the hearing piece n your phone became a microphone, whether it was hung up or not,... that line is always live. Instead of listening to that phone you then connect those same wires at the trunk into a recorder. So,.. it's manually done, but same,... been done for decades.

Mic diaphragm and speaker cone, magnet, same thing.

In the 90s baby monitors and wireless phones could be monitored very easily with a police scanner that scan all freqs, very well and very fast, 5 seconds. AND they are so strong of output you pick up the entire house. This was corrected in the late 90s by removing those frequencies from scanners and not allowed on public devices. They may have also encrypted baby monitors.

This is nothing new, it's just a different way.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2023, 06:42:14 PM »
Baby monitors and cordless phones were at 46 and 49 mhz. Scanners did NOT remove those frequencies from use. They were abandoned when everyone was reselling the devices that broadcast at 900mhz. Even then they were still unencrypted audio. The original scanners had those frequency blocks open, but that specific 900 mhz segment was later removed from future devices.  You could still mod the scanner to get them until the audio became encrypted then digital, eventually moving into the 2.4 ghz bands. The first cell phones were the same way, unencrypted analog audio at  850 - 900 mhz or so. If you were close to the tower, you could hear everything and everyone. That also ended when cell phones changed to a digital signal. The kids walkie talkies you got at the dollar store, same thing, they talked back at 46 or 49 mhz.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2023, 08:00:20 PM »
The government can hear everything said in my household.  Nothing to hide.
 Doesn't this correlate more to focusing on advertising, and nothing more?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2023, 11:12:22 PM »
Everything that happens on any communications device is stored in a giant data centre. 99.9% is worthless and 99.9% of us are far too boring to worry about it.

When it becomes a problem is when they take an interest in you. It's all there in 1s and 0s just waiting to snitch...if...and only if...you become more than the faceless consumer/tax generator that most of us are.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2023, 07:22:47 AM »
Everything that happens on any communications device is stored in a giant data centre. 99.9% is worthless and 99.9% of us are far too boring to worry about it.

When it becomes a problem is when they take an interest in you. It's all there in 1s and 0s just waiting to snitch...if...and only if...you become more than the faceless consumer/tax generator that most of us are.

By the time the average person becomes of interest to "them" it will be too late... for "them".
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2023, 07:27:44 AM »
Monday we were discussing the Brussel sprout recipe the daughter in law will have on turkey day tomorrow...

We both hate Brussel sprouts and have never discussed them..

Yesterday a recipe for them popped up in my youtube feed and she got one in her Instagram feed..

I am sure it was just a coincidence...not

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2023, 07:39:17 AM »
Baby monitors and cordless phones were at 46 and 49 mhz. Scanners did NOT remove those frequencies from use. They were abandoned when everyone was reselling the devices that broadcast at 900mhz. Even then they were still unencrypted audio. The original scanners had those frequency blocks open, but that specific 900 mhz segment was later removed from future devices.  You could still mod the scanner to get them until the audio became encrypted then digital, eventually moving into the 2.4 ghz bands. The first cell phones were the same way, unencrypted analog audio at  850 - 900 mhz or so. If you were close to the tower, you could hear everything and everyone. That also ended when cell phones changed to a digital signal. The kids walkie talkies you got at the dollar store, same thing, they talked back at 46 or 49 mhz.

Well, I think its in the middle. Was going in depth. I had both older hand held scanner, it scanned everything, full range. There was a news story about available freqs being removed because of the problem. A newer base scanner did not go full range. Radio Shack was forced to stop selling handheld full range. May have been a diff between home base and portable hand held. It was s long time ago. Memory fog is acceptable, as well as correction..

Main point, surveillance was much easier in the past than many think. Specifics was not my point.<shrug> :)
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2023, 07:44:30 AM »
Monday we were discussing the Brussel sprout recipe the daughter in law will have on turkey day tomorrow...

Yesterday a recipe for them popped up in my youtube feed and she got one in her Instagram feed..

Eagler

1) This is happened in our household more often than I can keep track of.  Can't be coincidence, but I think I would be very sorry to learn the mechanism for how this happens.   Like George Orwell 1984 sorry.

2) Eat your brussel sprouts, they are delicious and good for you.  The other night we went to a local bistro and ordered a small plate of roasted brussel sprouts.  They came with a honey-chili glaze and sprinkled with ground parmesan, and they were just excellent. 

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2023, 08:24:50 AM »

Eagler
The mechanism behind that is simple, at least if you use an Android phone and Google's services like Youtube: The phone listens to you all the time just in case you'd want to give it a voice command. And you're logged in with your Google account. Then you go to your computer and log into your Google services like Gmail and Youtube, potentially using Chrome which likes you to stay logged in for their password service. Q: What is the main purpose of Google? A: It's a marketing company.  By default they gather marketing information about you and use it for targeted marketing. They don't tell your name for the vendors but they show their ads to you based on what they've gathered.

Good thing is you can choose how the information about you will be used and for what I've learned they honour your wishes quite honestly. The big question is, have you ever bothered going through the settings of your Google account?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2023, 08:56:26 AM »

I'm pretty sure places like the NSA only store data for about 3 days before they have to clear it. I do find it interesting that one day we were talking about getting new blinds, and 2 days later we get a mailer from a silicon valley company about blinds. It was no coincidence. That being said, I tell my TV, phone, car, ect, exactly how I feel and don't hold back. I do this because if they are listening, I want them to know the truth about exactly how I feel about them and their BS. Maybe they will listen and understand and change their perceptions. They cannot use the information against us because then they will be caught and their might be legal ramifications for that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2023, 10:44:20 AM »
The mechanism behind that is simple, at least if you use an Android phone and Google's services like Youtube: The phone listens to you all the time just in case you'd want to give it a voice command. And you're logged in with your Google account. Then you go to your computer and log into your Google services like Gmail and Youtube, potentially using Chrome which likes you to stay logged in for their password service. Q: What is the main purpose of Google? A: It's a marketing company.  By default they gather marketing information about you and use it for targeted marketing. They don't tell your name for the vendors but they show their ads to you based on what they've gathered.

Good thing is you can choose how the information about you will be used and for what I've learned they honour your wishes quite honestly. The big question is, have you ever bothered going through the settings of your Google account?

Exactly as Bizman tells. I have deleted Chrome in my phone and pc, downloaded Brave in both and made it default browser. After every session in internjet, I delete browsing history and cookies, plus in pc Ccleaner wipes the browser.

Another thing you should go through are your phone settings. In mine, many unnecessary apps are disabled and I regularly force stop those not needed at the moment. Internet and location are on only when needed plus permissions for apps to have access in mic, contacts, camera etc. are kept in minimum. Apps running on background disabled. Requires some fiddling but I do not get spam in my phone. Plus battery lasts longer.

I doubt Big Brother is actively monitoring normal John Does, but this Google imperium shows how easy it is, if needed. And there certainly is a reason, why in some jobs using all those social p*rn platforms and other similar ones with company phone and pc is strictly forbidden.