Author Topic: Your car is spying on you with your cell phones help.  (Read 3010 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Your car is spying on you with your cell phones help.
« on: November 20, 2023, 05:06:09 PM »
I found this rather disconcerting when I watched the video. Another reason to keep the 1994 Plymouth Voyager   :aok
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Your car is spying on you with your cell phones help.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 06:48:07 PM »
And some will scream conspiracy theory over the video......
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 06:51:40 PM »
really hate to tell you but your phone already does.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 08:59:51 PM »
LOL someone just figured out you can sync contacts and other stuff over bluetooth?

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 05:06:02 AM »
I found this rather disconcerting when I watched the video. Another reason to keep the 1994 Plymouth Voyager   :aok

This has been kind of public secret already quite some time. Same with phones if one has internet on whole the time and allow all possible apps to have access to mic, camera, contacts etc.

Another extremely irritating feature in new cars is this driver monitoring. "Beep beep, inattention detected. Beep beep, yawn detected. Beep beep belch detected. Beep beep, 2 hrs driving detected, beep beep pause needed" etc. That's why I love my 2004 Jeep. It does what I tell it to do without disputations.

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 05:22:59 AM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 06:49:22 AM »
Alexa, Bixby, etc..

Many have given up their privacy for convenience

Think it boils out to laziness..

Marketing and the government love them..more of these stooges everyday

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2023, 07:48:49 AM »
Millions use Alexa and the like. If it were possible that someone could listen in on me so what? If "they" want to get you "they" will manufacture "evidence".
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 08:17:20 AM »
Millions use Alexa and the like. If it were possible that someone could listen in on me so what? If "they" want to get you "they" will manufacture "evidence".

Alex would make the manufacturing of such that much easier..

It's definitely for the lazy but hey let's let the gov hear everything said in our houses, echo show could even give them eyes into it..all so I don't have to get off the couch..

It's voluntary now...1984 not so much...headed in that direction more than any other imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2023, 08:29:46 AM »
Despots have always been trying to find a way to spy their slaves. Nowadays they don't need to even try, as big part of lemmings push all their life into the faecesbooks and other social p*rn platforms just voluntarily.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2023, 09:01:33 AM »
What about all those lazy people who drive everywhere instead of walking? Giving up personal information to obtain a license. We now have over 500 million guns under private ownership in this country. Keep them, you'll be okay.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2023, 09:05:18 AM »
This might be the most ok boomer old news post ever!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2023, 09:48:20 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me when someone figures out that "big brother" is already here and does not need to place a surveillance device in your home / car / workplace to monitor you. Hell we already carry one with the cell phone. The alexa is another but even now some TV devices also monitor you and can operate by voice.

I got an alexa dot a while ago as a reward for some purchase I made. I didn't want it to be n the main household area so I stuck it in the bathroom so I could listen to tunes while getting ready for the day or for bed. I never told it through the app what room it was in. Later I had to reset it due to a power outage and the app showed that alexa had figured out it was in the bathroom on it's own.

I routinely turn off location detection and blue tooth on my phone and use a Garmen GPS in the car / truck on trips.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2023, 10:23:23 AM »
You can clear the stored recordings for the Amazon echo on hte Amazon servers whenever you want. Of course that means trusting Amazon to do what they say they will. If it gets to the point where the government listens to me on those we have much bigger problems.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2023, 11:47:36 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me when someone figures out that "big brother" is already here and does not need to place a surveillance device in your home / car / workplace to monitor you. Hell we already carry one with the cell phone. The alexa is another but even now some TV devices also monitor you and can operate by voice.

I got an alexa dot a while ago as a reward for some purchase I made. I didn't want it to be n the main household area so I stuck it in the bathroom so I could listen to tunes while getting ready for the day or for bed. I never told it through the app what room it was in. Later I had to reset it due to a power outage and the app showed that alexa had figured out it was in the bathroom on it's own.

I routinely turn off location detection and blue tooth on my phone and use a Garmen GPS in the car / truck on trips.

Some tv manuals specifically state to not say anything sensitive or private around the tv as it can be monitored and recorded
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women