Author Topic: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are  (Read 9767 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2023, 10:45:21 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how to tell how bumpy the field is from the air. They all look pretty smooth from up there.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2023, 01:57:13 PM »
I have a Buttkicker and JetSeat on my chair. IL2 ports all the haptics to those. You feel all the bumps on the runways and the difference when you go from the pavement to the grass. Engines, flaps, gear, guns, taking damage, stalls, etc. Pretty cool. Wish AH did that. Could use it in "sound mode" but since AH's VOX is integrated there's no way to separate the voices from everything else and you get bumpity bumped every time someone speaks.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2023, 04:12:20 PM »
......is integrated there's no way to separate the voices from everything else and you get bumpity bumped every time someone speaks.

I can see this going an entirely different direction....
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2023, 10:13:29 AM »
I surprised it took you 5 pages of this thread before you had a little hissy fit

I bet 2 :)

1) As in back in band camp, on day one, realizing this community has factions that light their own hair on fire on a daily basis., I now avoid the bbs. In the first days, reading the attacks on Blue Baron made me sick, drove that nail home. AW players didn’t whine so much. They had personal conflicts but weren’t so much the constant crybabies, unaware of what they have.

2) If Skuzzy were here this thread would be trash canned, as common logic defense of their revenue. I get the feeling he took common sense with him. Go ahead, walk into Burger King with a McDs bag, and watch how fast you are asked to leave.

3) My point, when your creator no longer gives a crap, you should start counting your days. He’s not even trying to protect the game. And much like the attacks on BB, programmer of AW, I watched HY take then same crap on here and FB, after giving you what you have, I’d turn my back on these twits too.

4) yall complain about numbers, yet light your own hair on fire to prevent growth. I don’t listen to the whines from those who eat their own feet then complain they can’t walk. Ya just can’t fix stupid. My effort is over, because many in this community aren’t worth the fight to fix it.

IMO, the best attitudes and skills came from AW. Without it you’d already have been doomed. Yall are bringing AH to a premature death. When you drove the creator to not care, you best start worrying. I’ve seen this frog fart in the water before, I can guess whats next.

The ignorance is blinding.ya get away with posting an otherwise illegal thread, laugh and laugh, be careful what you wish for.

That said, one of the biggest problems here, Cpt.Trips, actually spelled out differences of sims, and very well worded balance.

Some of you are choking yourselves out of a sim. I have no sympathy after refusing solid advice. I lived without any game for 14 yrs, at least I got to fly it again before the players killed it with stupid.  It won’t change my life. I got to experience the fun part of my life again.

Please, continue with your self inflicted wounds. Just stop crying about numbers, many are their own worst enemy.

You’re on your own. As it should be, well deserved.

That said, I’m no longer a professional gamer/player, I’m just a normal dude who just happens to live one single game. I’m not a gamer, and I prolly won’t act like one. I’m a programmer, graphics, sound, special technical hobby projects who LOVES, MP sim flying, and THIS old skewl, best proven concept. The sim is just a vehicle to practice that. I have one goal, to preserve it as long as I can. I just prefer not to row upstream with lead weight players. I’ll be like before, in RL and here, behind the curtains.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 10:40:28 AM by Animl-AW »
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2023, 11:39:06 AM »
Or he was busy sending long strings of harassing sexual predator PMs to anyone on the forum that has disagreed with him, and didn't look up to see it.

:rofl

BS, liar.
Git got told to gfy, simple. Everyone who read thinks the same. You’re lying fir theatrics of s professional lying victim. Don’t act the marshmallow act.  Grow up.
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2023, 02:20:19 PM »
This was a really good discussion amongst adults about AH and the other two games it is most closely aligned with. Well adults and one petulant child. That aside…

Several people throughout it, counting myself, detailed the differences and why AH stands out against the others plus the strengths and weaknesses of all three. AH is a unicorn amongst them, if someone leaves AH for the others then this wasn’t the model they wanted anyway or anymore.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2023, 02:57:01 AM »
Some things never change.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2023, 04:28:18 AM »
This was a really good discussion amongst adults about AH and the other two games it is most closely aligned with. Well adults and one petulant child. That aside…

Several people throughout it, counting myself, detailed the differences and why AH stands out against the others plus the strengths and weaknesses of all three. AH is a unicorn amongst them, if someone leaves AH for the others then this wasn’t the model they wanted anyway or anymore.

And I didn't even mention Team Fusion's IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, which has a UI that makes AH look good, similar graphics, but has the best AI and realism of all the SP (and MP) sims... IMHO. VR is about to come out of beta soon, it's quite good.
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2023, 10:13:18 AM »
2) If Skuzzy were here this thread would be trash canned, as common logic defense of their revenue. I get the feeling he took common sense with him. Go ahead, walk into Burger King with a McDs bag, and watch how fast you are asked to leave.

Even Jason Williams who is a snowflake who locks threads if somebody says something he thinks is (offensive) like "Bodenplatte is not a location" on a thread, allowed discussion of DCS and other sims on the IL2 forums without locking them.

You act like my goal was to drive people out of AH while I'm trying to help people who are looking to return via PMs.

In my opinion it's attitudes like yours IN the game and online that are much more likely to drive people away then what I posted.
Do you think the way you play the game and the things you say are going to attract new players? lolz

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2023, 10:18:21 AM »
Even Jason Williams who is a snowflake who locks threads if somebody says something he thinks is (offensive) like "Bodenplatte is not a location" on a thread, allowed discussion of DCS and other sims on the IL2 forums without locking them.

You act like my goal was to drive people out of AH while I'm trying to help people who are looking to return via PMs.

In my opinion it's attitudes like yours IN the game and online that are much more likely to drive people away then what I posted.
Do you think the way you play the game and the things you say are going to attract new players? lolz

I'm only a clik away from subscribing again, but the one thing I need is to be part of a [mature] squadron\group located in my part of the world. Don't want to be the baby seal that gets clubbed over and over while trying to re-acclimate myself..
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2023, 10:36:56 AM »
I'm only a clik away from subscribing again, but the one thing I need is to be part of a [mature] squadron\group located in my part of the world. Don't want to be the baby seal that gets clubbed over and over while trying to re-acclimate myself..

I wish you the best of luck with that! It seems the most "successful" squads these days tend to fly fast planes with numbers and alt advantage and tend to only engage when they have superior numbers AND alt. To me flying with a squad that operates like that would be boring.

For me it was more fun to fly around somebody like TheStig, Flipz, J0ker, Techwrek, Horrido, or any of the other decent sticks that weren't pickers or gangbangers. They usually get into fun fights and you have a chance that they might clear your tail if you get jammed up.

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2023, 10:40:40 AM »
I wish you the best of luck with that! It seems the most "successful" squads these days tend to fly fast planes with numbers and alt advantage and tend to only engage when they have superior numbers AND alt. To me flying with a squad that operates like that would be boring.

For me it was more fun to fly around somebody like TheStig, Flipz, J0ker, Techwrek, Horrido, or any of the other decent sticks that weren't pickers or gangbangers. They usually get into fun fights and you have a chance that they might clear your tail if you get jammed up.

I was hoping there would be groups that fly together with actual missions in mind, using squad tactics, etc. If that no longer exists then this is not for me.. If I just wanted to fly around in a constant dogfight I can do it for free..

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2023, 10:45:47 AM »
Ah. I'm sure there are a couple squads that still do that, however since that wasn't my cup of tea I would not be able to offer any good recommendations  other then  the two squad that I have seen doing stuff like that and that would be J0ker's squad and DallasH's squad.
Think they're both mostly on morning ET which I'm guessing would be afternoon in Spain.

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2023, 10:47:00 AM »
Ah. I'm sure there are a couple squads that still do that, however since that wasn't my cup of tea I would not be able to offer any good recommendations  other then  the two squad that I have seen doing stuff like that and that would be J0ker's squad and DallasH's squad.
Think they're both mostly on morning ET which I'm guessing would be afternoon in Spain.

Yes, I am +6 to US EST..

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2023, 10:48:08 AM »
Il2 has a tank version call tank crew I think

The videos on yt about it look cool but maybe its yt compression but I can't see jack of the tanks they see and shoot at

My old eyes appreciate the easy mode clarity AH icons add to the playability of the game - the icons are not near as clear in dcs or il2 for me

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals