Author Topic: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are  (Read 9771 times)

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
Re: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2023, 10:53:21 AM »
Il2 has a tank version call tank crew I think
The videos on yt about it look cool but maybe its yt compression but I can't see jack of the tanks they see and shoot at
My old eyes appreciate the easy mode clarity AH icons add to the playability of the game - the icons are not near as clear in dcs or il2 for me
Eagler

I'm with you, I tried TC on/off but even when I got the drop on someone it was 50/50 at best, and normally I never saw who killed me. As for the labels, I can see those ok, without them the planes tend to disappear at high resolution.
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2023, 11:02:37 AM »
I was hoping there would be groups that fly together with actual missions in mind, using squad tactics, etc. If that no longer exists then this is not for me.. If I just wanted to fly around in a constant dogfight I can do it for free..

Unfortunately there are not too many squads like that left. My squad, "The Sik Puppies" does fly that way. Missions for capture, resupply runs to get depots or towns back up, GV group that is very good at defending a base as well as strat runners to slow the other teams down. We have people on all the time but the biggest numbers are Easter US prime time.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2023, 11:24:42 AM »
Even Jason Williams who is a snowflake who locks threads if somebody says something he thinks is (offensive) like "Bodenplatte is not a location" on a thread, allowed discussion of DCS and other sims on the IL2 forums without locking them.

You act like my goal was to drive people out of AH while I'm trying to help people who are looking to return via PMs.

In my opinion it's attitudes like yours IN the game and online that are much more likely to drive people away then what I posted.
Do you think the way you play the game and the things you say are going to attract new players? lolz

The IL2 forum has a sub for specifically other games discussion. Don’t pay any attention to Animl he’s not a serious human.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2023, 12:25:29 PM »
The IL2 forum has a sub for specifically other games discussion. Don’t pay any attention to Animl he’s not a serious human.
Right. I'm talking about posts there that were not posted in the "other games" forum that discussed DCS. I'm just saying that it seems that he has the impression that banning chat about certain things will make those things go away.

I think he would make a great mod as those guys seem to mute the people who they don't agree with and let the ones talk who they do agree with when there is a discussion on 200. :)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2023, 12:29:06 PM »
Yes, I am +6 to US EST..

+8 here. Normally I go to bed when things start to happen.

Il2 has a tank version call tank crew I think

The videos on yt about it look cool but maybe its yt compression but I can't see jack of the tanks they see and shoot at

My old eyes appreciate the easy mode clarity AH icons add to the playability of the game - the icons are not near as clear in dcs or il2 for me

Eagler

Yes, I have it. Those tanks can be used in every tank-abled arena matching the year/era. Like, if map is 1942, PzKw VI Tiger is available, but PzKw V Panther not, as it had baptize of fire at 1943, in Battle of Kursk.

Some arenas have icons, some not. Also map practice varies. In some you see your own and friend/foe locations, while others show just your spot on it and then those, where one has to orientate solely with landmarks and compass. The latter ones are full realism, where pilot have to control radiators, mixture, charger etc. in kites.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2023, 12:44:33 PM »
I haven't figured out all the engine controls yet but I've been doing ok by not running wide open the whole time. I made that mistake when I first started and the spinny kept stopping.

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2023, 01:00:43 PM »
I haven't figured out all the engine controls yet but I've been doing ok by not running wide open the whole time. I made that mistake when I first started and the spinny kept stopping.

Just go by the info on the custom cockpit photos and you won't have any issues..
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2023, 02:16:16 PM »

Eagler

Have you tried DCS recently?  This past month an update has revised the distance viewing, making spotting much easier for some.  I found it a big improvement in VR.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2023, 02:01:06 PM »
For me it was more fun to fly around somebody like TheStig, Flipz, J0ker, Techwrek, Horrido, or any of the other decent sticks that weren't pickers or gangbangers. They usually get into fun fights and you have a chance that they might clear your tail if you get jammed up.
OMG. I just realized I made a horrible mistake! I meant to say Trogdor but I put Flipz. Sorry Trogdor.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2023, 04:09:07 AM »
And I've had some  long flights in a AH scenario where you didn't happen to be where the enemy tried to get through.

Scenarios these days tend to have lots more combat for everyone from early on to the end.  Battle areas are much smaller.  Most scenarios, 1st combat is about 15 minutes in.  For high-alt strategic bombing, probably within about 30.  Each frame has 3-6 missions, and 3 or more lives.

Our next scenario is in March, running during the Masters of the Air TV series, and themed on Masters of the Air (8th AF strategic bombing).

I hope that you can join us.  :aok

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2023, 09:58:52 PM »

I don't expect you to grow up anytime soon, damn fool
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2023, 10:05:35 PM »
Have you tried DCS recently?  This past month an update has revised the distance viewing, making spotting much easier for some.  I found it a big improvement in VR.

You lost 2k steam players, lemon used car salesman. You're like a pane of glass. You glow in the dark. Go back to DCS then.

Note, all friends of Cpt.Trips and we all know what his only mission is here. There's a center point to all this recent nonsense.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2023, 10:10:48 PM »
Even Jason Williams who is a snowflake who locks threads if somebody says something he thinks is (offensive) like "Bodenplatte is not a location" on a thread, allowed discussion of DCS and other sims on the IL2 forums without locking them.

You act like my goal was to drive people out of AH while I'm trying to help people who are looking to return via PMs.

In my opinion it's attitudes like yours IN the game and online that are much more likely to drive people away then what I posted.
Do you think the way you play the game and the things you say are going to attract new players? lolz

Go ahead, talk about AH in DCS, you don't even have to say anything, just Post Aces High III, they will be all over you like flies on crap. I wonder why that is. NO SIM ALLOWS this. I don't think this is an accidental post that belongs on IL-2. Not buying it.

You and your buds def won't draw new players, but then,... lets think about that and this post.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2023, 10:12:08 PM »
Note, all friends of Cpt.Trips and we all know what his only mission is here. There's a center point to all this recent nonsense.

Oh yes.  They are all my paid henchmen.  I run a vast criminal enterprise.  Conspiracies, plots.  We are everywhere.  Behind that bush! In that shadow!

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2023, 10:13:41 PM »

I think he is into the bottle again.

:cheers:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.