Author Topic: Finally......  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: Finally......
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 12:18:19 PM »
It's amazing what some people will do for attention..

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 02:34:16 PM »
amazed it took this long.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 11:43:21 AM »
Pity he did not earn a Darwin award. I fully expect to see some copycats, probably based on stealing the plane, to happen in the next couple years.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 01:39:04 PM »
Girl from down the road here (youtube "star") flew her Debonaire into the ground a week or so ago, killed her and her father. She supposedly had 400 hours of flight time. Saw her videos on youtube, she should never have even been given a basic certificate, and a Cessna 152 was probably beyond her meager skills set. What passed for a CFI these days is frightening. She was apparently fighting with the old autopilot, and over compensating with her manual trim. Ended up going straight in at a 50 degree dive, and 216 MPH.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 02:47:05 PM »
Wow. I didn't know a 152 would go that fast! :bolt:

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 03:02:39 PM »
can't believe that guy only got 6 months for that.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 04:38:15 PM »
Girl from down the road here (youtube "star") flew her Debonaire into the ground a week or so ago, killed her and her father. She supposedly had 400 hours of flight time. Saw her videos on youtube, she should never have even been given a basic certificate, and a Cessna 152 was probably beyond her meager skills set. What passed for a CFI these days is frightening. She was apparently fighting with the old autopilot, and over compensating with her manual trim. Ended up going straight in at a 50 degree dive, and 216 MPH.

TNFlygirl or something like that. I saw that on blancolirio.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 05:01:26 PM »
Wow. I didn't know a 152 would go that fast! :bolt:

She crashed a beech debonair.   

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 06:29:43 PM »
Ah. my bad. That one might go that fast?

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023, 07:06:55 PM »
All the way to the crash site.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2023, 07:27:04 PM »
Ah. my bad. That one might go that fast?

Yes, the Debonair is a fairly hot little ride. And she was in a 50 degree dive, at full throttle.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2023, 08:10:44 PM »
Yes, the Debonair is a fairly hot little ride. And she was in a 50 degree dive, at full throttle.

Seems kind of bizarre to crash like that... would the plane just not pull up? Was she asleep at the wheel?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2023, 06:30:06 PM »
Seems kind of bizarre to crash like that... would the plane just not pull up? Was she asleep at the wheel?

Probably just screwing around with the autopilot trim and manual trim settings, and forgot to look at the airspeed indicator (or out the window).

You easily can get focused on one aspect of flying the plane.  Takes concentration to keep looking around at everything.

- oldman

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2023, 06:53:47 PM »

It is extremely unfair to generalize an entire population of young CFIs based on one pilot's poor decision. She has had her license for 350 hours-ish, the CFI has absolutely nothing to do wit hit nor does the DPE. Why not blame the autopilot brand? Or Textron? Same difference, in my opinion.

All of us are couple of poor decisions away from danger, the CFI goes by what he/she sees in the cockpit for a limited amount of time, what is seen in the classroom for a limited amount of time, and what is seen in the logbook. The DPE has even less time. If the student proves to be proficient in all necessary areas, it is no longer in the CFI's or DPE's hands. So, give them a break. PiC error for a reason.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com