Author Topic: Please adjust side switch timer  (Read 1058 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
Please adjust side switch timer
« on: December 08, 2023, 11:05:34 AM »
what would it take to get the side switch timer changed?  For those of us that just like to fur ball, it sucks to get caught on side that has no fights and you are stuck there for four more hours.  ie this am bish had 23 eny (23 players) rooks had 12 player and nits had 7, nits had absolutely no fights as the bish and rook were fighting.  4 of us logged as we had switched to the nits in the am for the fight.  So evidently eny doesn't help with side switching, we can rely on people switching for eny, and people logging ie almost half of the logged on country doesn't help the game.  with the lowered number of players i don't see what it could hurt.

some ideas to regulate side switch, timer only affects you if you are trying to change to the high numbers country, if you want to change to the low number country you can swap at any time.  if you swap countries you are unable to control ships for two hours.  if you swap countries and attack strats, any damage reverts if you change countries with in two hours.  no perks awarded as in the old system if you have not been in country long enough.

now i know everyone is going to say there's a auto swap, but that dont guarantee getting put in to a fight, also in some cases takes you out of the fight.  also saying go wf and deack a town, well when the country you wf and deack are fighting another country, guess what they up, you got it wirbs and t34s and m3s.

As in the case this morning, 4 of us that were nits just logged out of the arena, had we been able to swap to a country with lower numbers for the fight, there would have been four more people to fight.  I think its time we dive in to the topic. 

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Please adjust side switch timer
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 11:20:38 AM »
I'll agree even tho' I'm not a side switcher per se...  imho, a 2-3 hr limit would be reasonable at this point.  The auto-switch isn't an optimal solution now, either.

However - as with many other game-play suggestions that involve a seemingly simple setting change, it requires those changes to be made on every map and then re-compiled and uploaded hoping nothing breaks because testing...

Best you can do at this point is take in the overview of how the game plays out over the day and coordinate some set time to switch from this to that.

Or simply pick a side for the day stick it out until the next day.  It's highly unlikely any changes will be made, but you never know.

You should try Monday Night Madness - an hr of guaranteed action in close-ish confines.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 11:52:34 AM »
The auto switch would be better to try than what you did... if you really wanted to find a fight. As you found out, manual switching is not guaranteed to find a fight either.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 12:04:25 PM »
The auto switch would be better to try than what you did... if you really wanted to find a fight. As you found out, manual switching is not guaranteed to find a fight either.
Auto don’t work. It will literally take you out the fight. If you’re a nit and going at with the rooms and the bish side goes low numbers then you are swapped to the bish and no fight.
A very much shorter time switches needed at this point.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 12:14:41 PM »
+1000 on limiting side switchers task group use when switching.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Wolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2023, 12:18:04 PM »
I agree with this. I think even 1 hour would be appropriaye.

The problem with auto-switch is that it, counterintuitively, works against furballing. For furballing to occur, you need enemy targets. With numbers the way they are now, the smallest side often has no or few fights. Consider that on a side with 10 or 20 players, maybe 1/2 or even 1/3 are fighters. Then consider they're all operating out of different bases.

For someone on another country looking for a fight, attacking the smallest side is the least likely to produce fights, because they're already so few and of those numbers, only a fraction are upping fighters.

Counterintuitively again, the largest country seems to be the best option for finding yatgets, since it can produce more fronts due to more players.

Reducing the switch timer seems to be a no-brainer at this point.
The one who cries the loudest are the alpha wannabees. They cry out because they aren't good enough to get the kills they feel they deserve unless delivered on a silver platter.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2023, 12:18:34 PM »
Side switching doesn't help much when two countries are ganging one :)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 12:22:48 PM »
Side switching doesn't help much when two countries are ganging one :)
I will switch to the side getting double team. Again the timer now doesn’t allow that. I would rather take off knowing there are 10 targets I get a chance to shoot at versus flying with 10 country men fighting them to get that one target.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023, 03:24:35 PM »
Auto don’t work. It will literally take you out the fight. If you’re a nit and going at with the rooms and the bish side goes low numbers then you are swapped to the bish and no fight.
A very much shorter time switches needed at this point.

Gotya...  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2023, 05:20:41 PM »
You should be allowed to switch to the lowest numbered side at anytime

Maybe an hour for the other two

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2023, 06:10:56 PM »
Gee flippz, I suppose it has nothing to do with making it easier for your squad to hunt players they don't like, right? Or is it just a coincidence that you all switch to whatever side I'm fighting against? Every time I've been logged on this tour, as a matter of fact.

Overhead every night: "watch them all switch to rooks in 5...4...3...". Bingo.

The stink is starting to stick, flippz.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2023, 07:31:52 PM »
Gee flippz, I suppose it has nothing to do with making it easier for your squad to hunt players they don't like, right? Or is it just a coincidence that you all switch to whatever side I'm fighting against? Every time I've been logged on this tour, as a matter of fact.

Overhead every night: "watch them all switch to rooks in 5...4...3...". Bingo.

The stink is starting to stick, flippz.

Simon every night you show up after the fight has started, no one complains until you arrive in a fur ball that most of us has been in for a while.  Then as soon as you are shot down (again in the fur ball we have been at before you logged on) we are hunting you.  Dont flatter yourself with self indulged grand illusions that we are hunting you.  We also are usually flying diffrent sides during the day and try to come together to fly at night.  Again had absolutely 0 to do with you.  If you dont like fighting us go some where else but please quit complaining  we are hunting you when the fight was there way before you got there and is still there way after you leave. 

Please dont make this thread about you as it really needs to be adjusted.  If you have issues please take them up with hitek and not my thread

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2023, 08:07:18 PM »
At this point I am still unsure whether you're being obtuse, intentionally myopic or you are completely oblivious. Or outright lying.

You chose to join this battle, despite my asking you multiple times to stay out. You no longer get the benefit of the doubt with me.

Perhaps you can defend or support your position here, or in the appropriate thread, as opposed to on ch200 with your (and Judge's) Pulitzer-candidate contributions, like "cry" and "waah". Until then, I think you know very well what's going on. You saw it tonight, and every other night, and participated by switching sides with them. Every night, within 10 minutes of my arrival on the kill log. Whether you knew the reason or not.

Even taking into account the possibility of coincidence, cognitive bias, or the flow of the game, it is painfully obvious that Skyyr, and by extension your squad, is absolutely obsessed with me in particular, my squad, plus a few others.

Step back and take a look around you. Notice what the MA has become in the last few weeks. It has gotten ugly, and that is not a coincidence.

If you'd like to regain the benefit of the doubt, try to pay attention instead of parroting what you're being fed on Discord. Join us for a few evenings. Get on our comms. Watch what we see. You'll notice very quickly what many of us see happening in plain sight, every night.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2023, 08:13:31 PM »
3 hours. That is the best time. It divides by 24 too.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2023, 08:41:31 PM »
Perfectly happy with auto-switch am guaranteed an out numbered fight every time. Please don't fix something that is not broken!
                                :banana: :banana: :banana:
AkCaine