Author Topic: AH Combat Report with Questions  (Read 9755 times)

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
Re: AH Combat Report with Questions
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2023, 10:04:27 AM »
flippz, good try, but you have neither the experience nor the insight to properly understand what has been going on, long before the few weeks that you've been back in the game.

The event you allude to was my first sortie of the night. I'm sure you'd like to think that I and some friends logged on, checked the roster, and decided to come after you, but I can assure you that is not the case, at all. Trogdor was already in "your" fight, and I flew towards that general area without even a thought about who was bish, rook or otherwise. Nox hadn't even logged on at that point, if I recall correctly.

That fight was already bish+rook+knight, and it was the only fight on the map for Knights. There was no other dar-bar at all. A bummer indeed, since my least favourite thing to do is fly that far to find a fight. I certainly would not bypass other fights or targets to get there. That is a big differentiator, if you're at all paying attention.

I trust you also noticed that none of us piled on. After Rud3 cleared my 12 a couple of times, I flew away to see if I could intercept some inbound fighters from other fields. I knew you were there (by your puzzling accusations on ch200), but none of us gangpiled you as there were enough targets available to spread the love. I think I took one pass at you the entire night. To be honest, you're not much of a fun fight, since spixteen-HO-merge is a little too pedantic to capture my interest for very long.

Eventually I did happen across a high F4U1a (same as my plane), in a far-off corner of the grid, outside of range of any other contacts, and we engaged. It ended up near the deck, as we were twisting and turning. A fun fight it was, until you dove in and picked me. Twice.

I understand that's part of the game, and I never even for a second considered that you were going out of your way to target me. Of course I was disappointed that our 1v1 was picked, but just as much for my dance partner as myself. I have to question whether you asked if he wanted or needed you to interrupt, because if not, that was quite a rude thing you did to him, since at that time it was pretty much 50/50. If he did ask for your help, then I completely understand and respect what you did. But, he didn't, did he?

That, as it turned out, was the end of that particular furball. Another fight flared up in a different part of the map, which was far more appealing as there was a CV involved and I did not have to fly 2 grids to get into it. So I'm really not sure how you could possibly think you were anything more than an afterthought when our interaction was fleeting and uneventful.

flippz, you're trying to defend the indefensible from a position in which you lack knowledge or awareness. What you're actually doing is gaslighting. If you don't know what that means, look it up, because I'm quite sure that you've been gaslit yourself by you-know-who. It is the only way you could have drawn the conclusions that you're broadcasting both here and in the game.

Once again I encourage you to stay out of it, since this has nothing to do with you beyond the squad tag you unfortunately chose.

<S>

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2023, 10:19:40 AM »
How about from now on all you children log into your own arena every night and just play with each other for the sanity of the collective.

Also, new word of the day, let’s all learn it.

con·cise
/kənˈsīs/
adjective
giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.
"a concise account of the country's history"

:salute

Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2023, 10:22:30 AM »
flippz, good try, but you have neither the experience nor the insight to properly understand what has been going on, long before the few weeks that you've been back in the game.

The event you allude to was my first sortie of the night. I'm sure you'd like to think that I and some friends logged on, checked the roster, and decided to come after you, but I can assure you that is not the case, at all. Trogdor was already in "your" fight, and I flew towards that general area without even a thought about who was bish, rook or otherwise. Nox hadn't even logged on at that point, if I recall correctly.

That fight was already bish+rook+knight, and it was the only fight on the map for Knights. There was no other dar-bar at all. A bummer indeed, since my least favourite thing to do is fly that far to find a fight. I certainly would not bypass other fights or targets to get there. That is a big differentiator, if you're at all paying attention.

I trust you also noticed that none of us piled on. After Rud3 cleared my 12 a couple of times, I flew away to see if I could intercept some inbound fighters from other fields. I knew you were there (by your puzzling accusations on ch200), but none of us gangpiled you as there were enough targets available to spread the love. I think I took one pass at you the entire night. To be honest, you're not much of a fun fight, since spixteen-HO-merge is a little too pedantic to capture my interest for very long.

Eventually I did happen across a high F4U1a (same as my plane), in a far-off corner of the grid, outside of range of any other contacts, and we engaged. It ended up near the deck, as we were twisting and turning. A fun fight it was, until you dove in and picked me. Twice.

I understand that's part of the game, and I never even for a second considered that you were going out of your way to target me. Of course I was disappointed that our 1v1 was picked, but just as much for my dance partner as myself. I have to question whether you asked if he wanted or needed you to interrupt, because if not, that was quite a rude thing you did to him, since at that time it was pretty much 50/50. If he did ask for your help, then I completely understand and respect what you did. But, he didn't, did he?

That, as it turned out, was the end of that particular furball. Another fight flared up in a different part of the map, which was far more appealing as there was a CV involved and I did not have to fly 2 grids to get into it. So I'm really not sure how you could possibly think you were anything more than an afterthought when our interaction was fleeting and uneventful.

flippz, you're trying to defend the indefensible from a position in which you lack knowledge or awareness. What you're actually doing is gaslighting. If you don't know what that means, look it up, because I'm quite sure that you've been gaslit yourself by you-know-who. It is the only way you could have drawn the conclusions that you're broadcasting both here and in the game.

Once again I encourage you to stay out of it, since this has nothing to do with you beyond the squad tag you unfortunately chose.

<S>
Just proving a point Simon. Anything can be twisted and distorted to look the way some one wants it to be seen.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2023, 10:25:39 AM »
Also, new word of the day, let’s all learn it.
How about you either ignore or contribution to the thread? No one is forcing you to read these comments, much less offer a critique of whether my writing style is too verbose for your attention span.

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2023, 10:34:29 AM »
How about you either ignore or contribution to the thread? No one is forcing you to read these comments, much less offer a critique of whether my writing style is too verbose for your attention span.

Verbosity is the least of your many flaws.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2023, 10:45:53 AM »
Just proving a point Simon. Anything can be twisted and distorted to look the way some one wants it to be seen.
flippz, no, what you're "proving" is how easy it is to manipulate some people's thoughts and opinions, as you have become a victim of that yourself. This is exactly why that I and others have taken the time to offer the details and provide the evidence, despite the historical record speaking for itself.

A common technique nowadays is doing exactly what you're doing, which is gaslighting. I remain unsure whether you're doing it on purpose or genuinely don't think it's happening. I'm leaning towards the former, which you should consider a compliment, since the latter would require a deep lack of awareness.

It makes no sense to me why you wish to insert yourself into this ugly situation when you are so clearly backing the wrong horse. If you have any doubt about that, take note of who your supporters are.

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2023, 11:16:59 AM »
Simon has done more to help Skyyr than harm him. 

You are a caricature.

You've lost.

Move on. 

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2023, 11:58:53 AM »
flippz, no, what you're "proving" is how easy it is to manipulate some people's thoughts and opinions, as you have become a victim of that yourself. This is exactly why that I and others have taken the time to offer the details and provide the evidence, despite the historical record speaking for itself.

A common technique nowadays is doing exactly what you're doing, which is gaslighting. I remain unsure whether you're doing it on purpose or genuinely don't think it's happening. I'm leaning towards the former, which you should consider a compliment, since the latter would require a deep lack of awareness.

It makes no sense to me why you wish to insert yourself into this ugly situation when you are so clearly backing the wrong horse. If you have any doubt about that, take note of who your supporters are.
so a thread about me supposedly cheating is posted.  many have punched holes in the story as well as i but i am gas lighting?  i show proof that everyone does the exact same thing i/we do, ie flying long ranges to fights, look for the better fighters in the area, fly with groups of friends but i am being manipulated?  the truth is if he had any substantial evidence or you for that matter it would have been sent to hitek and not posted to the forum where the pitch fork mob, you included could have a field day with it. 
the truth is simon you 20 yr old flying vets in here dont want any one to ruffle your feathers.  you want to log in for you hour and half sortie get winged up with no less than 3 of your buddies and go gang folks and when you cant do that you are being targeted and hunted and the game play aint fair and i am taking my ball and running home to tell my daddy attitude comes out in you.  you want to hold on and use something that happened 9 yrs ago against someone and anything that happens like you getting picked out of a horde you want to scream foul and he aint allowed to do that.  let it go man.  i am gonna use the example i used with vulcan the other day, have you ever sped in a car?  any in your life?  thats against a real law and could be punished by a court system.  but does that make you a hibutal speeder and violator, no.  if you get one speeding ticket should you loose your license forever? no.   
let it go and quit with the witch hunt ewww you drank the kool aid and the stink has stunk attitude. 

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2023, 12:02:19 PM »
Simon has done more to help Skyyr than harm him.

Skyyr can't be helped, the verdict is in, he just doesn't know it yet  :rofl

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Gunzo
3. I Owned Skyyr and his shades relentlessly and have countless films to prove it.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2023, 12:12:18 PM »
Skyyr can't be helped, the verdict is in, he just doesn't know it yet  :rofl

I'd rate this a 7 on the Vinkman scale of re-writing reality.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2023, 12:21:31 PM »
i show proof that everyone does the exact same thing i/we do

Nope, you haven't shown anything.

Your anecdotal evidence is inadmissible, all it proves is that your shoe size is larger than you IQ  :rofl

Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
3. I Owned Skyyr and his shades relentlessly and have countless films to prove it.

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2023, 12:24:28 PM »

I'd rate that a 2 on the nrshida "still butt hurt and crying for decades" scale

Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2023, 12:24:55 PM »
Nope, you haven't shown anything.

Your anecdotal evidence is inadmissible, all it proves is that your shoe size is larger than you IQ  :rofl

Gunzo

#Fail

Trying way too hard. 

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2023, 12:26:27 PM »

Good one.  But the Vinkman Scale needs to be renamed and recalibrated as the Simon Scale because he makes the excuses used by Vinkman and Shane sound rational.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 02:23:08 PM by Palace Cobra »

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2023, 12:43:02 PM »
#Fail

Trying way too hard.

That sounds exactly like something Skyyr would say.

Don't you have some film to post on youtube?

Careful, don't post one that shows you doing the same stuff you got banned for.  :rofl

Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class