Author Topic: Rough week  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Rough week
« on: December 17, 2023, 08:15:58 PM »
Hey everyone,

It's been a rough week in my life. Tuesday on December 5, my daughter called and informed me she had leukemia. Thursday a biopsy confirmed and she started her treatment on Saturday (the 9th). Tuesday last at 8:51am, she passed from complications of leukemia. Strange enough, my favourite uncle died four hours prior after a long battle with bone cancer.

My elderly parents happened to be flying home to visit my uncle but he passed before they could see him. Little did they know I would be flying home too as they would also be helping bury my daughter.  She would of been 24 this Friday. Funeral is this Tuesday, exactly two weeks from when she first called me.

She loved flying sims, and would sometimes join me flying online in IL2 and here in the WWI arena. She had a big heart, and showed everyone she met love. She leaves behind a husband and an 8 year old grandson who I also love very much and have connected with.

To my princess of the sky, you are always with me.

:airplane:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 08:18:18 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Rough week
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 08:58:03 PM »
Oh my God.  So sorry for your unfathomable loss, Mister Fork.  Words absolutely fail at a time like this.  Will keep you and your family in my thoughts. 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 09:13:32 PM »
Im so sorry for your lose.  :pray

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 09:15:51 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss Mister Fork. Loss of a child has to be one of the hardest burdens to carry. Prayers for you and the family sir.  :pray
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 09:19:01 PM »
Hey everyone,

It's been a rough week in my life. Tuesday on December 5, my daughter called and informed me she had leukemia. Thursday a biopsy confirmed and she started her treatment on Saturday (the 9th). Tuesday last at 8:51am, she passed from complications of leukemia. Strange enough, my favourite uncle died four hours prior after a long battle with bone cancer.

My elderly parents happened to be flying home to visit my uncle but he passed before they could see him. Little did they know I would be flying home too as they would also be helping bury my daughter.  She would of been 24 this Friday. Funeral is this Tuesday, exactly two weeks from when she first called me.

She loved flying sims, and would sometimes join me flying online in IL2 and here in the WWI arena. She had a big heart, and showed everyone she met love. She leaves behind a husband and an 8 year old grandson who I also love very much and have connected with.

To my princess of the sky, you are always with me.

:airplane:

I can't imagine. I have 2 young daughters. Not sure what to say other then you are in our prayers.

Offline Peabody

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 09:20:12 PM »
My deepest condolences. So very sorry for your loss.

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2023, 09:31:16 PM »
She had a big heart, and showed everyone she met love.

Oh, lord, Fork, I am so sorry.  I share your nightmare, as you know. 

I remember how strangely it was physically exhausting, even though I wasn't doing anything strenuous.  Try to get some rest, stay away from the bottle as much as possible.  There really is no way around the next few months, and there are years after that.  Thank the heavens that the boy has a father, so that he and you and your beautiful wife can help him over these days and years.

The best thing about this game is that you make friends for life, even if you'll never meet them in person.  You can find comfort here.  You know that, because of the past and because you came here today.  Share with us.  Please.

- oldman

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2023, 09:32:08 PM »
I'm so sorry for your losses, Mister Fork.

Take care.  :salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2023, 11:31:42 PM »
Oh my gosh. I am so very sorry. That's just horrible.
I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2023, 11:47:36 PM »
Wow… so sorry that is unfair to the max! Hit the cartoon skies for some escape from reality when you can!  :salute
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2023, 01:55:45 AM »
My sincere condolences. Life is fragile and can vanish so fast.     

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2023, 02:04:28 AM »
That sucks Mister Fork, loss of a child has to be a parents worst nightmare.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2023, 06:09:37 AM »
So sorry for your loss Mister Fork

:pray

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2023, 07:43:28 AM »
Wow, Mr. Fork, so sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family.  :pray your daughter seemed like an awesome person.

I'm suspicious of the hospitals treatment. Seems like to be diagnosed only to pass away a few days later after treatment is very suspect to me. Such a shame.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2023, 07:55:48 AM »
Very sorry to hear that Mr. Fork.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.