Author Topic: Miss my jabo.  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Miss my jabo.
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2024, 10:37:34 PM »
It’s not about dates of development, a 20 mm or 25 mm round will just as effectively end your day and lay waste to any tinfoil target and its content. Knowing what a 25mm cannon can do I think a 500kg bomb dropped from a Shrike should obliterate a hangar in real life or AHIII.

So, what exactly are you proposing?
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Professor_Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2024, 11:06:44 PM »
So, what exactly are you proposing?

Reduce the ordnance requirements at airbases to give luftwaffle planes like the 190 F-8 a job.  But still require heavy strategic bombing to prep towns for capture and reduce factory capacities. I realize it would give American iron like the p47 over airbases an edge but that’s ok too since all offensives should be decisively swift, terrifying, overwhelming, and deadly.

Let’s face it the sim is currently about ‘defending thy sheep’ let’s make it about killing the sheep and if the sheep can’t get their act together to repel an advance then fark’em, sucks being a sheep. 😂

Im kinda whisky bent right now so I hope that made sense.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 01:39:44 AM by Professor_Fate »
Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2024, 11:09:32 PM »
NGL I love upping an A8 to pork a field or cause general mayhem but it’s true power in the AH world should be perked a bit lower? Or is it higher? Either way it’s a silent beast! :airplane:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2024, 06:43:21 AM »
At some point you need to balance realism and gameplay.  You proposition with current base layouts would result in most fields being shut down 90% of the time, and having to fly 2 sectors just to find a bad guy.

A 190f8 can currently do a hell of a job helping a base take with ground attack capability, it's just not in the form of dropping a hangar with a 500kg egg. 

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2024, 08:42:41 AM »
If anything I would be inclined to increase the hanger damage requirements, and the Ammo bunker requirements.  :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2024, 08:47:24 AM »
If anything I would be inclined to increase the hanger damage requirements, and the Ammo bunker requirements.  :devil

Also hardening the radar tower or putting a few more guns around it would be nice even though I would squeak about it! Haha
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2024, 09:44:03 AM »
Reduce the ordnance requirements at airbases to give luftwaffle planes like the 190 F-8 a job.  But still require heavy strategic bombing to prep towns for capture and reduce factory capacities. I realize it would give American iron like the p47 over airbases an edge but that’s ok too since all offensives should be decisively swift, terrifying, overwhelming, and deadly.

Let’s face it the sim is currently about ‘defending thy sheep’ let’s make it about killing the sheep and if the sheep can’t get their act together to repel an advance then fark’em, sucks being a sheep. 😂

Im kinda whisky bent right now so I hope that made sense.

Like Lazer said its all a balancing act.

The point of the game is to make defending possible as well as attacking possible but evenly. There shouldnt be one side that has an advantage over the other.

So lets say HTC drops the amount of ammo it takes to drop a hanger. Now you can drop a hanger with your FW. I can then drop 3 hangers with a lone P47. If I bring a buddy we can flatten a field and keep it suppressed for a good amount of time giving the "attacking" side an advantage over the defending side..... poor game play. Players stop defending and the game becomes a race to capture the requisite number of bases to win the war and you have lost all air to air fighting was the game is based on.

The game can be played many ways. My squad does field attacks with nothing but Jabos often. We also will come in low and hard in lancs to flatten everything in a single pass. Maybe you should find a squad to work with.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2024, 10:31:22 AM »
Like Lazer said its all a balancing act.

The point of the game is to make defending possible as well as attacking possible but evenly. There shouldnt be one side that has an advantage over the other.

So lets say HTC drops the amount of ammo it takes to drop a hanger. Now you can drop a hanger with your FW. I can then drop 3 hangers with a lone P47. If I bring a buddy we can flatten a field and keep it suppressed for a good amount of time giving the "attacking" side an advantage over the defending side..... poor game play. Players stop defending and the game becomes a race to capture the requisite number of bases to win the war and you have lost all air to air fighting was the game is based on.

The game can be played many ways. My squad does field attacks with nothing but Jabos often. We also will come in low and hard in lancs to flatten everything in a single pass. Maybe you should find a squad to work with.

A fully loaded FW190A8 with 30mm can drop a hanger in 3-4 passes.

We used to do noe Lanc runs on vh bases back in AH2. Two lancs, a heavy deacker and a goon is all you needed. There were only three hangers back then if iirc.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2024, 01:22:34 PM »
In one run with an F8 I could usually  (if the autos didn't  get a lucky hit on me) I could take down the radar, the ords and all the town and base autos. Seems like a pretty decent jabo to me :)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2024, 05:39:30 AM »
lol when I saw you all pour out of the vh I decided to just drop my ords on all of you. I missed everyone else but you!  :salute :cheers:
Yep..KARMA!!!!!!  I called it!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2024, 08:59:30 AM »
So what everyone is saying a 500 kg bomb can’t wipe out a tinfoil hangar and its contents?  Today on channel 200 most smack talk is  about politics.  I remember a day when brave, fearless diehard luftwaffles respectfully and gallantly brought to everyone’s attention the favoritism towards American iron and how badly luftwaffle aircraft were nerfed.

The arguements have changed but the nerf is real. A Shrike 190 with one 500 kg center mount and maybe (if needed) four 250 kg wing mounts ought to be able to take out one raggedy arse tin foil hangar in one swoop.

When you die in real life, you can't participate anymore. The game has to have some adjustments to be able to be playable. If all you want to do is blow up hangars, setup a room and soften the hangers to your liking. In the game, the jabo folks do what it takes to take out hangars.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2024, 01:45:38 PM »
So what everyone is saying

Come join us in a scenario.  They are more realistic.  The next one starting Feb. 3 is 8th AF, so no jabo.  But the one after that, probably in October or so, will likely have ground attack.  Fate says that you should.  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2024, 01:49:58 PM »
Come join us in a scenario.  They are more realistic.  The next one starting Feb. 3 is 8th AF, so no jabo.  But the one after that, probably in October or so, will likely have ground attack.  Fate says that you should.  :aok

I see what you did there....  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2024, 01:58:25 PM »
I see what you did there....  :D

[In a low voice in your subconscious]  "Shuffler . . . Shuuuuuuuuuuuflerrrrrrrrr . . . The Masters of the Air scenario is calllllllllling you . . . You want to fly an 8th AF fighter . . . You want to go up the long, delirious, burning blue.  To top the wind-swept heights.  Shufflerrrrrrr . . . you want to register . . . you must register . . . you are compelled to register . . ."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2024, 03:56:42 PM »
[In a low voice in your subconscious]  "Shuffler . . . Shuuuuuuuuuuuflerrrrrrrrr . . . The Masters of the Air scenario is calllllllllling you . . . You want to fly an 8th AF fighter . . . You want to go up the long, delirious, burning blue.  To top the wind-swept heights.  Shufflerrrrrrr . . . you want to register . . . you must register . . . you are compelled to register . . ."
I have been invited to take a 38. I will probably grab one this evening.
80th FS "Headhunters"