Author Topic: Early war plane set  (Read 1721 times)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Early war plane set
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2024, 10:04:16 PM »
There are 3 in-game mechanisms that can affect your ability to use chat.

Language Filter - you'll get a small pop-up saying "continued use of profanity will yadda yadda..." Continued use leads to 10 min time outs (not sure if there are any multipliers for continued triggering.) Bypassing this filter is a no-no and in past times mods would catch this and is what the .rpt function serves as a backup to in part.

.rpt function - as outlined in above post, needing 5 players over a period of time; this results in a 7.6 day chat ban. Currently easily abused because there's no review process (used to be Skuzzy, HT can't be bothered to go thru the .rpt logs to truly discern what is happening.) Some do deserve their .rpt mute for language, really, or any vile slurs and personal attacks (being called a manbaby locust used to not qualify because Skuzzy and big boi pants.)

Mods - they'll generally send you a pop-up saying things like, chill out, take it easy, etc and are generally pretty polite about whatever it is they're moderating (usually politics or excessive/inappropriate FUSS.)   If a player pushes back the mod will generally give them a timeout of which the length can vary from 10 min to 2 or more hours.

Your non-game related mutes were obviously from a human moderator and only because you probably persisted or pushed back against the warning. Are moderators fair, even-handed, predictable, or even regularly scheduled (who knows, maybe HT decides to play mod now and then as a spot check?)  Not so much, apparently, but the takeaway is that if you get a warning to chill out.   I have no issues with the filter or mods, only with hypocritical and petty manbaby button mashers.

According to the MA Arena tables if 5 people report you, your muted. That is separate from the Mods.

This could partly explain it because there were times I got instant mutes for something that was not out of line at all. It seemed to happen quite often with Quiet(formally known as 00pk) would be spouting off on 200 and I'd make a comment. I'd get muted and he'd continue to run his mouth so it was obvious he hadn't been muted. I find it hard to believe he has 4 friends to mute me but maybe he has alt accounts lolz.

However,  it doesn't explain the mute for "non-game related chat" on 200. I suspect that was a mod.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 10:48:53 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2024, 10:36:57 PM »
Look hazmat, either join the game and have some fun or learn to let it go.

I have been here since tour 21 and have NEVER been muted in game. I have been warned a bunch and have backed down as requested by the MODs.

It is obvious you like the game.... or you wouldnt be here. Its also obvious you have have an ax to grind when it comes to MODs. Take the MODs as law and back off when they tell you to and all goes well. If you cant handle that as it is, maybe its time to just move on. As it is right now your not doing yourself any favors.

The game is as it is. We are not expecting any changes. Accept it, or just do yourself a favor and move on to IL2 or what ever.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2024, 01:01:21 AM »
Your non-game related mutes were obviously from a human moderator and only because you probably persisted or pushed back against the warning. Are moderators fair, even-handed, predictable, or even regularly scheduled (who knows, maybe HT decides to play mod now and then as a spot check?)  Not so much, apparently, but the takeaway is that if you get a warning to chill out.   I have no issues with the filter or mods, only with hypocritical and petty manbaby button mashers.
I think you missed the part that I was NOT getting warnings...
The one that pushed me out was not polite and there was no warning. The first message I got was that I had been muted for "non-game related chat on 200" There was never a chance for "persistence or pushback"

I have never been muted for 7.6 days. Heck I don't think I've ever been muted for more then 15 or 30 minutes.

I don't  have a problem with the filters either, however I wouldn't say they are effective. There have been many times when my young kids have been in the room and hear somebody frosty going off on range and my kids start saying. Badword.... badword.... badword...

So people are allowed to use bad language consistently and constantly on range but typing a bad word will get you muted? Talking about "non-game related material" on 200 will get you muted without warning but the other people in the discussion continue on?

It's interesting that there are more people addressing the point that I made about the mods then: Early war plane set...

« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 01:22:36 AM by hazmatt »

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2024, 01:20:43 AM »
Look hazmat, either join the game and have some fun or learn to let it go.

I have been here since tour 21 and have NEVER been muted in game. I have been warned a bunch and have backed down as requested by the MODs.

In case you haven't noticed I'm no longer in the game. I have let it go.

I could say the same thing until last year when somebody seem to have decided that they were going to change that. I got muted more times in the last year then in the previous 20 of playing this game and suddenly it was without warning..

It is obvious you like the game.... or you wouldnt be here. Its also obvious you have have an ax to grind when it comes to MODs. Take the MODs as law and back off when they tell you to and all goes well. If you cant handle that as it is, maybe its time to just move on. As it is right now your not doing yourself any favors.

The game is as it is. We are not expecting any changes. Accept it, or just do yourself a favor and move on to IL2 or what ever.

It seems you didn't get the part about not getting a warning. There is no "backing off" when your "warning" is a mute. The thing about a mute that I learned in the last few months playing is you can't even do a check 6 on your countrymen. So what's the use of playing if you can't tell somebody that they're gonna get killed or give them a check 6? I would just log off if I got muted without warning.

What I find amazing is I started a thread about: (Early war plane set).
There was a comment about the mods that drew a very over the top response from a very small number of people. (Maybe mods?) If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

"I'm not doing myself any favors" What does that even mean?

I'm interested in setting up an option for old time players that miss the early/midwar arenas, new players that got discouraged during their 2 week try and don't have a sup, or people who I've know for over 25 years via this game to have a place to play.

Of all that all you can focus on is the comment I made about mods.

Again you repeat yourself: " just do yourself a favor and move on to"
I have moved on and I am enjoying myself.
I've been helping promote this game even though I no longer play it in the other forums.
Maybe you'd rather I try to bring people with me there instead of having an option to play with them here?

I really don't get the chip on your shoulder.

quack...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 01:26:35 AM by hazmatt »

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2024, 02:36:46 AM »
According to the MA Arena tables if 5 people report you, your muted. That is separate from the Mods.

That explains my muting w/o any record, as harshest thing I wrote was the location of enemy CV fleet; shader told it to his team and five of them pushed the button. Fair game and very adult behavior. Hang the spies.
The Mad   CatMan!

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2024, 02:41:28 AM »
wow - now that's clearly abusing the system  (if it was a 7.6 day mute?)   

do you recall any details against which country and time of day?

That explains my muting w/o any record, as harshest thing I wrote was the location of enemy CV fleet; shader told it to his team and five of them pushed the button. Fair game and very adult behavior. Hang the spies.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2024, 02:50:01 AM »
wow - now that's clearly abusing the system  (if it was a 7.6 day mute?)   

do you recall any details against which country and time of day?

December 14, late evening EU time. I was my usual knit, who's was CV I have forgotten.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2024, 02:53:26 AM »

That's outrageous. Need I take a stab at the squad responsible?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2024, 03:12:38 AM »
That's outrageous. Need I take a stab at the squad responsible?

Nope. Just put him sitting on an anthill for few hours, without any pants and groins lubricated with honey.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2024, 05:54:43 AM »

I could say the same thing until last year when somebody seem to have decided that they were going to change that. I got muted more times in the last year then in the previous 20 of playing this game and suddenly it was without warning..

You're still here. Complaining about it. In multiple threads. For Weeks.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2024, 06:59:48 AM »
It's interesting that there are more people addressing the point that I made about the mods then: Early war plane set...
Because you complain about being muted that one time (or two or three, who actually knows) in 95% of your posts. Either play the game or leave, no need to continue to sulk like a petulant child.

LOL
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2024, 07:24:45 AM »
I have been here a very long time and do not recall ever being muted.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2024, 07:47:55 AM »

Ditto

Just setup the arena and give it a go or don't ..

We don't need another whining thread about those that can't control their emotions on 200 and how unfair it is...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2024, 08:27:28 AM »

Same here.

It’s not difficult.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2024, 08:58:33 AM »
Nope. Just put him sitting on an anthill for few hours, without any pants and groins lubricated with honey.

Ah 'Taking a stab' in this context means making a guess. We must not actually stab other players. It violates the EULA  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234