Author Topic: Early war plane set  (Read 1718 times)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Early war plane set
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2024, 11:54:31 AM »
Ah 'Taking a stab' in this context means making a guess. We must not actually stab other players. It violates the EULA  :old:

Ouu.. Really..? Well, I already sent a hitcat...

The Mad   CatMan!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2024, 12:09:59 PM »
Funny, I have never been muted or even warned by a mod.  Of course my comments on 200 are "good fight" or something similar..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2024, 12:33:26 PM »
It's not the badge of virtue you think it is...

"That explains my muting w/o any record, as harshest thing I wrote was the location of enemy CV fleet; shader told it to his team and five of them pushed the button. Fair game and very adult behavior. Hang the spies."

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,408684.msg5412325.html#msg5412325

How do you feel about that - that certain players are abusing the .rpt feature knowing full well they won't be held accountable by HT as they might have in the past by Skuzzy.

In all my years, I rarely got a filter message, rarely had issues with mods, but here I am dealing with a clique who restrict in-game communications with no repercussions.  Case in point: the above incident as related by GasTeddy.

Funny, I have never been muted or even warned by a mod.  Of course my comments on 200 are "good fight" or something similar..
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2024, 01:03:04 PM »
How do you feel about that - that certain players are abusing the .rpt feature knowing full well they won't be held accountable by HT as they might have in the past by Skuzzy.

They should lose their report facility from that point forward. Divine justice.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2024, 01:39:25 PM »
here's the kicker...  let's go review HTC Terms of Service... 

Not seeing anything about having to be nice on an opt-in ch200, and there are numerous features for players to control what they want to see... there used to be a general consensus about what would be viewed as "offensive" - racial slurs, filter bypassing, excessive redundant spamming and the like.  Now it seems "offensive" can be whatever word touches a manbaby's fragile ego in an uncomfortable way. 

Offense is very subjective, and again there exist tools to protect fragile egos without resorting to boomer-karenesque mashing of the manbaby button. Pretty sure some manbabies will feel offended by what I just said and probably gonna hit the report button here, too.

Now of course HTC has broad authority to do as they please in regards to players, including banning, etc.

BUT.... also within the formal TOS is this: (will HT be bothered to exercise it when it requires slogging thru chat buffer files?)

11.  Subscribers are expressly prohibited from engaging in any activity that constitutes, in the sole opinion of HiTech Creations, system abuse.  System abuse shall include, but is not limited to, attempts to circumvent subscriber authentication or security of any host, network, or account ("cracking");  attempts to interfere with or deny service to any subscriber or any host;  furnishing false data on the signup form or via on-line application, including fraudulent use of credit card numbers;  and any commercial use of HiTech Creations accounts or services without the express written permission of HiTech Creations.  Subscribers expressly agree to use all of HiTech Creations services only for lawful purposes.  Transmission or storage of any information, data or material in violation of United States or state regulation or law or by the common law is prohibited, including but not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other statute.

Pretty sure abusing the .rpt function falls under the above - which is why it was taken more seriously when there were enough staff to deal with these issues.

https://www.hitechcreations.com/company-info/support-policies/terms-of-service

They should lose their report facility from that point forward. Divine justice.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 02:03:41 PM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2024, 01:59:23 PM »
LOL Shane, you don't help your cause with posts like the one above. Just sayin'. It wasn't changed. If you are falsely reported, you can still follow through and if it is shown that you were, the others pay a penalty. People falsely reporting is not acceptable behavior.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2024, 02:16:37 PM »
What do you mean what hasn't changed?  In the past Skuzzy would deal with this.  You think I didn't try (just didn't call - used email) - got a canned response. After the third time, I realized that:

a) HT doesn't seem inclined to put any effort into delving into this kind of situation.  Understandable what with his own personal issues he's been dealing with (also why I stopped bothering.)

b) HTC doesn't have the same staffing levels it used to which takes us back to a) above.

c) Actually expecting a resolution was a waste of time because a) and b).   Now, I take the abuse with a grain of salt. It's annoying when they do it on the holidays.

d) IT'S ABOUT NUMBERS NOT ACTUAL OFFENSE - I get insulted directly in nasty ways (want the screenshots?), I hit .rpt to no result because it takes more than one person feeling "offended."   LOFL, that's so middle school, circle your wagons!

It's the blatant hypocrisy and targeted abusing of the .rpt function that I pushback against and always will.  GasTeddy gave HT a very good check point - simple log check to see why GasTeddy got muted. (GasTeddy just didn't bother reaching out to HTC at the time because he wasn't as informed about things as he is now. Do yoo think something should be done about what happened to him?)

ch200 is entirely opt-in.

So, what's the point you're actually trying to make here?  I know abusing the .rpt is wrong, you agree; let's go back to a) above, right? I think we can also agree manbabies are manufacturing their "offense" - mmm?

LOL Shane, you don't help your cause with posts like the one above. Just sayin'. It wasn't changed. If you are falsely reported, you can still follow through and if it is shown that you were, the others pay a penalty. People falsely reporting is not acceptable behavior.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 02:20:31 PM by Shane »

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2024, 02:28:33 PM »
To those of you who are trying to run me out of the forums as well as the game:  I'm sure that will make you happy that you ran off another long time player from the game and from the forums. Let me state it clearly again for those of you who can't/don't read.

For 20 years I had maybe 2 warnings on 200 that were warranted. 

This changed to a concerted effort by someone or someones to mute me on 200.

I don't know if it was the same as Shane is describing or if it was a mod who focused on me. Obviously I'm not the only one.

Unless you've experienced this concentrated focus on being repeatedly muted for stuff that you never got a warning over for the previous 20 years you should shut your piehole.

You people complain about people being run off from the game yet you do it. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that you are the same people behind the focused mutes on me and others. The first one to start this garbage is a: "Aces High CM Staff" Go figure. Probably a mod too...

Thanks for hijacking the thread based on an comment I made in passing. Sounds like somebody is taking it personal.

It appears you're not happy with just running me out of the game, and you want to run me off the forums that I first posted to in 1999 as well.

I've been promoting the game on other forums and trying to remain involved here doing things to offer more options for game play as it appears that some are more interested in starting crap.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 02:45:07 PM by hazmatt »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2024, 02:36:12 PM »
Same thing here on the bbs...

We used to discuss politics openly, elections especially..

Not allowed anymore as many with super thin skin cry and are offended if you post an opposing view..

Sounds like 200 got a whimpy upgrade too

Like here, just deal with it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2024, 03:53:43 PM »
What do you mean what hasn't changed?  In the past Skuzzy would deal with this.  You think I didn't try (just didn't call - used email) - got a canned response. After the third time, I realized that:

a) HT doesn't seem inclined to put any effort into delving into this kind of situation.  Understandable what with his own personal issues he's been dealing with (also why I stopped bothering.)

b) HTC doesn't have the same staffing levels it used to which takes us back to a) above.

c) Actually expecting a resolution was a waste of time because a) and b).   Now, I take the abuse with a grain of salt. It's annoying when they do it on the holidays.

d) IT'S ABOUT NUMBERS NOT ACTUAL OFFENSE - I get insulted directly in nasty ways (want the screenshots?), I hit .rpt to no result because it takes more than one person feeling "offended."   LOFL, that's so middle school, circle your wagons!

It's the blatant hypocrisy and targeted abusing of the .rpt function that I pushback against and always will.  GasTeddy gave HT a very good check point - simple log check to see why GasTeddy got muted. (GasTeddy just didn't bother reaching out to HTC at the time because he wasn't as informed about things as he is now. Do yoo think something should be done about what happened to him?)

ch200 is entirely opt-in.

So, what's the point you're actually trying to make here?  I know abusing the .rpt is wrong, you agree; let's go back to a) above, right? I think we can also agree manbabies are manufacturing their "offense" - mmm?

At least one other person had it happen recently and contacted HT. It ended up being reversed. So yes, it is still the same when it comes to false reports. As always, you will not hear what the punishment was for those doing the false reporting.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2024, 04:13:06 PM »
I guess maybe it comes down to who you know...

help me out here... look at the screen shot, watch the film 3min 30 secs compression of a 2 hr chat buffer that started when I logged in and ended with a mute.  (I even tried to make the film easy since film viewer sucks for seeing the text buffer.)

What in that film did I say that was "offensive" and deserving of a .rpt by multiple people? 

I've never had direct experience of an unjustified .rpt mute being reversed (because I use email and not call?)

Nor have I experienced a reduction of insults hurled my way despite using the .rpt when it goes too far. (Want screenshots?) From my perspective, .rpt doesn't work for me, only against me.

It's easy to pick a word and feel offended about it and have fun abusing the .rpt system.  Calling someone a "gunbunny" really?

Seriously, watch the 3 min 30 sec video and please point out where I was deserving of .rpt

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,407768.msg5403795.html#msg5403795

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whKD7YkAFlY

At least one other person had it happen recently and contacted HT. It ended up being reversed. So yes, it is still the same when it comes to false reports. As always, you will not hear what the punishment was for those doing the false reporting.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 04:21:24 PM by Shane »

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2024, 04:26:00 PM »
Commenting on 200 once every 5 years has it's advantages.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2024, 08:44:59 PM »
WOW! It seems I'm not the only one... You gonna attack all the others that have had the same experience and tell them to shove off spikes or are you just saving that for me?

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2024, 09:49:57 PM »
WOW! It seems I'm not the only one... You gonna attack all the others that have had the same experience and tell them to shove off spikes or are you just saving that for me?

You are really hurt by this.

A game..a fictional..game.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2024, 02:02:20 AM »
Seriously, watch the 3 min 30 sec video and please point out where I was deserving of .rpt

Deserve's a whole nebulous debate of it's own. Systematic mass reporting is a clear 'System abuse' as stated in the licensing you posted. The problem is the same as about half a dozen of recent threads about abusing the system in one way or another: HTC isn't presently able or willing to do anything about it  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234