Author Topic: Early war plane set  (Read 1716 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Early war plane set
« on: January 07, 2024, 12:10:03 PM »
I was thinking to set up a player arena with a very small map(one field per side) on weekends and maybe run an early war pacific plane set one weekend and maybe a BoB plane set the next week. Would there be any interest?

I was thinking it might get some of us non-sub guys playing again and since there wouldn't be any mods in there to ruin my play I think I might have some fun if there was interest.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Early war plane set
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 12:11:19 PM »
Give it a go..won't know until you do

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 12:32:28 PM »
Since there wouldn't be any mods in there to ruin my play
Give it a rest, dude.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 12:39:46 PM »
I'm wondering.. you speak about your encounters in other games here a quite a bit, and you want to to obviously play aces high in some capacity if you had this idea.

I've also read posts about you having issues with moderators.

Why don't you subscribe to the game and just keep what you say in check?

Or is it the monthly cost of a fast food combo meal holding you back?

Or are you just bored?

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 01:21:45 PM »
I'm wondering.. you speak about your encounters in other games here a quite a bit, and you want to to obviously play aces high in some capacity if you had this idea.

I've also read posts about you having issues with moderators.

Why don't you subscribe to the game and just keep what you say in check?

Or is it the monthly cost of a fast food combo meal holding you back?

Or are you just bored?
There are some people that I do miss in AH. I think some of the best jug drivers in flight sims play aces high and I do miss good fights with them. I also miss the 200 chat.  The other sims I have don't usually have such "lively" discussions on open channels. Maybe I just haven't found the right server yet.

Keep what I say in check? There's a discussion on 200 and I don't agree with the subject being discussed and offer my opinion. I get muted for "non-game discussion" on 200 but the discussion carries on so it's obvious I was only muted because I had a different opinion of what was being said.

Nah, I'm not gonna pay almost 200 a year to have to deal with the mute thing. I have better things to spend my money on. Maybe I'll get that fast food combo. I haven't had one in a while.

Not bored, just been having a bunch of fun flying early war planes on other sims and thought maybe there would be some interest in flying some here as most people fly the rocket planes in MA.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 01:40:25 PM »
There are some people that I do miss in AH. I think some of the best jug drivers in flight sims play aces high and I do miss good fights with them. I also miss the 200 chat.  The other sims I have don't usually have such "lively" discussions on open channels. Maybe I just haven't found the right server yet.

Keep what I say in check? There's a discussion on 200 and I don't agree with the subject being discussed and offer my opinion. I get muted for "non-game discussion" on 200 but the discussion carries on so it's obvious I was only muted because I had a different opinion of what was being said.

Nah, I'm not gonna pay almost 200 a year to have to deal with the mute thing. I have better things to spend my money on. Maybe I'll get that fast food combo. I haven't had one in a while.

Not bored, just been having a bunch of fun flying early war planes on other sims and thought maybe there would be some interest in flying some here as most people fly the rocket planes in MA.

Right on, I figured the moderator thing was it.

Sounds like you had a 1 in a million bad experience.  I've been here since the beginning and only muted when it was appropriate.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2024, 01:46:23 PM »
Right on, I figured the moderator thing was it.

Sounds like you had a 1 in a million bad experience.  I've been here since the beginning and only muted when it was appropriate.
Right...guy gets muted once and is gonna take it to the grave lol.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2024, 02:29:57 PM »
Right...guy gets muted once and is gonna take it to the grave lol.

Nah, it wasn't once, but numerous times under the same sort of circumstances. Best I could figure is one of the guys in the 200 discussion was a mod and didn't like me or my opinion. When I mentioned I had canceled my sub one of the players said he called Dale to try and figure out what was going on. He said that Dale said there was no record of me being muted.

I had been warned previously for things that prob did come close to crossing the line or may have crossed the line and I stopped talking about whatever it was. However, the last couple months I was playing there seemed to be a focused effort on muting me without warning for just about anything I said on 200. Hell I probably would have gotten muted for talking about the weather on 200. ("non-game related mater")
This leads me to believe that there's something going on to try to run me out of the game. I guess they did.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2024, 02:33:50 PM »
Nah, it wasn't once, but numerous times under the same sort of circumstances. Best I could figure is one of the guys in the 200 discussion was a mod and didn't like me or my opinion. When I mentioned I had canceled my sub one of the players said he called Dale to try and figure out what was going on. He said that Dale said there was no record of me being muted.

I had been warned previously for things that prob did come close to crossing the line or may have crossed the line and I stopped talking about whatever it was. However, the last couple months I was playing there seemed to be a focused effort on muting me without warning for just about anything I said on 200. Hell I probably would have gotten muted for talking about the weather on 200. ("non-game related mater")
This leads me to believe that there's something going on to try to run me out of the game. I guess they did.

I know a conspiracy theorist when I see one.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2024, 02:36:06 PM »
My being paranoid doesn't prove that there's nobody out to get me.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 02:37:54 PM by hazmatt »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2024, 02:58:38 PM »
It may get a few people in there. Custom games for some reason have a really tough time getting going. Not sure why really. I'm not sure of the tab thing at the top has any interference in people not seeing the custom game. I know only early war may be tough
 Perhaps had some early midwar planes like the 109F and SpitV. Keep some of the stupid planes out like the ki43.

You should make the title "FTP team deathmatch early and midwar planes" or something like that. It's worth shot, but you def need to keep it up for a while and any active players in there helps a lot.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2024, 03:02:49 PM »
If you get one going be sure to get someone into MA and let them know it's up..

Like what is done for MNM

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2024, 08:15:16 PM »

According to the MA Arena tables if 5 people report you, your muted. That is separate from the Mods.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2024, 08:42:16 PM »
And it's being abused by a clique of manbabies who exploit an alleged child and claim faux offense while hypocritically ignoring those bypassing the language filter. (Want screenshots?)

And this alleged "child" themself bypassed the language filter to directly insult me with mutable language - by trying to use a foreign language to do it and then directly lying about it when confronted on the matter of both using offensive language and bypassing the filter. (Want screenshots?)

What are these petty manbabies teaching this "child?"

Call HT... yeah, sure, lol, like he'll be bothered to read chat logs to figure what's what for a system he thinks is working as intended?

Use the squelch feature or simply ignore, you say?  Why don't these manbabies use that? Because then they can't collude to abuse the .rpt function.

It's not about offense, it's about getting enough people to collude and hypocritically abuse the .rpt function.  It's the same people mashing their manbaby buttons.

And these losers can insult me with offensive language (want screenshots?) every day and just me being offended and hitting .rpt does absolutely nothing to reduce this offense because I'm not going to be petty and find a few people and start some muting wars.

It's the outright hypocrisy that makes me dig in my heels and keep calling weebs out for the weaksaucers they are.

According to the MA Arena tables if 5 people report you, your muted. That is separate from the Mods.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 08:45:50 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2024, 09:33:46 PM »

This could partly explain it because there were times I got instant mutes for something that was not out of line at all. It seemed to happen quite often with Quiet(formally known as 00pk) would be spouting off on 200 and I'd make a comment. I'd get muted and he'd continue to run his mouth so it was obvious he hadn't been muted. I find it hard to believe he has 4 friends to mute me but maybe he has alt accounts lolz.

However,  it doesn't explain the mute for "non-game related chat" on 200. I suspect that was a mod.