Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 54303 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #1860 on: June 13, 2024, 10:43:26 AM »
I don't need 20k views, I need 20 players.

You won't get those either.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1861 on: June 13, 2024, 10:47:50 AM »
You need to add your scream in there somewhere.  That's your secret sauce.

Dude.  You need to lawyer up.

Youtubers are already out there trying to steal your trademark.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1862 on: June 13, 2024, 11:11:37 AM »
Just because I know it infuriates Animl...

DCS goes through long dry spells.  Now an Embarrassment of Riches.

Phantom-mania.  Excellent release for EA. 

Kiowa Warrior.  Sold release.  A joy to fly.  It's now my favorite helo.  The Apache is like skulking around in the Batmobile.  The Kiowa is more like drinking open container, bopping around in a jeep Cherokee with the top down wearing flip-flops...throwing Gatorade bottles filled with urine out the open door on to guys with AK-47 and man-dresses.

Hopefully, this bad boy in 13 days:

I think there is better than even odds of a Corsair and F6F and Essex class carrier by end of year.

In a lot of ways, the feel of DCS reminds me of the early days of AH.  Back when the Earth's crust was still cooling, and the world was young.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 11:18:45 AM by CptTrips »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1863 on: June 13, 2024, 11:22:37 AM »
It's even better to see GS not use the word "circle" at least 300 times in a single video.

He seems like a good pilot though. 

To a helo jockey. ;)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1864 on: June 13, 2024, 11:31:42 AM »
Well, at least one person likes it
https://www.hitechcreations.com/index.php
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1865 on: June 13, 2024, 11:36:01 AM »

Well, he coded all those AI you made your film about.  He is understandably proud of his work. 

It would have been pretty empty skies without them.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1866 on: June 13, 2024, 11:58:25 AM »
To my disappointment there was little interest in my youtube video showing our basement in Coeur D'Alene as we finished it several years ago. Did the framing ourselves and contracted the rest.

Help me out, give it view.  :aok

Why is Liz Cheney in your basement?????????  :x
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1867 on: June 13, 2024, 12:22:22 PM »
What Iron should do is make a video of  Jenny drama posting in this thread.  Have his wife narrate the the Jenny bits.   That will go viral.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1868 on: June 13, 2024, 12:57:56 PM »
You won't get those either.

I've already done it before.....beat it

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1869 on: June 13, 2024, 12:59:04 PM »
Dude.  You need to lawyer up.

Youtubers are already out there trying to steal your trademark.

here comes the 10 yr old mentality out of a 60 yr old used car salesman.
of course you would know what the term lawyer up means,... since you rode that edge slander/defamation. SO desperate.

"I must consume AH and IL-2 forums with DCS content"

...even though 'm not selling, even though my every sentence pushes it in your face, and your sim is O K for what it's designed for....."

Your sim is boring, a snooze fest,....your pilots suck, you need good pilots to liven up a boring sim,... we get it.

You guys are exposing yourselves by the minute. "Panic!, DEFLECT!!, they must not know the truth about DCS in financial stress and a boring sim."

Pedal on Cpt Crunch.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 01:06:40 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1870 on: June 13, 2024, 01:05:24 PM »
Its funny, if I put 2 or 3 more people on "ignore" there would be nothing to read on this entire thread!  :rofl

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1871 on: June 13, 2024, 01:10:07 PM »
Its funny, if I put 2 or 3 more people on "ignore" there would be nothing to read on this entire thread!  :rofl

If we had block/kill file, I wouldn't even know it exist, nor would I be here sticking up for the sim who owns the bbs they sport for advertising in a 125 page thread that was covered in the first 10. Not only did I increase the pages, I did it with our own content, including my "sig line".

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1872 on: June 13, 2024, 01:12:44 PM »
here comes the 10 yr old mentality out of a 60 yr old used car salesman.

Hey, genius.

I was speaking to Iron, referring to his scream on his F-14 vid that got 18k views.

You should lie down until your bottle wears off.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1873 on: June 13, 2024, 01:14:39 PM »
I've already done it before.....beat it

Is that back when you ran AW single-handedly?

Done it lately?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1874 on: June 13, 2024, 01:15:15 PM »
I think IL-2 is back to foundering (just my opinion).  The last Developer Diary I could find on their forum site was more than a year old.   Still don't know much about the new game engine - its capabilities, differences from current engine, or even the time frame and setting of the supposed new game.   Korean War is suspected, but they don't support carriers so it makes the F9F Panther problematic.  I think the IAR 80 and the Ta152 were or are the latest releases, along with a flyable troop glider.   Before that I think they added their 13th or 14th 109G variant, a high altitude version.  IL-2 is a beautiful, immersive game, esp on Combat Box server, but the lack of development towards flyable Allied bombers makes me conclude they are not heading in the same direction as my interests lie.

Crazy, because it seemed to me they were closer than anyone to putting it all together the way I'd like to see a WWII combat sim produced - moderate engine management requirements, stunning graphics, adequate damage model, gorgeous terrain, etc.  But after Jason's departure it just seemed to go off the rails.   IAR.80, Ta152 and a WACO troop glider.  Over a flyable B-25?    Really?   Their C-47 is a two-seat twin engine aircraft and is spectacular, so I know they could've done it. I think the Russian version even has a gun turret?

They should have spent the time on a flyable B-25 and B-26, and integrating necessary addon programs like SRS Radio, Open Kneeboard and VRNeckSafer.  Would've cemented their lead as the late WWII ETO tactical ground/air war sim.   This kind of mismanagement does leave more room for AH to continue though, so that's a bright spot.

I believe Korea was confirmed.  What is still an open question is, is this the next installment of the GB series or are they closing that book and starting a new franchise?  I suspect they might close the book and leave GB series a WWII\Jason Williams thing.   They want to separate themselves from the past and show they can be successful on their own with a new product line. We’ll see.  Not sure how well Korea will work for them as a platform.  It just doesn’t have the same breadth and depth or emotional resonance as WWII. 

I had ran across an old interview of Williams from 2017-18ish.  Even then he was talking about moving the franchise into PTO.    This was right before Kuban.  In it he said he had gotten the green light go to PTO, but had to wrap things up with Kuban first.   PTO would be next.  Well that didn’t age well.

I have no idea what happened internally but I suspect management kept leading him on giving his the run around about PTO.  Maybe he just said to heck with it, I’ll go do it on my own.  <shrug>

I don’t know if they are foundering yet, but they seem determined to start steering the boat toward the rocks.  They are excellent coders, I’m sure.  That doesn’t mean they really understand market sentiment.  They needed a guy like Williams who had a better read on what the (predominantly US dominated) market really wants.  Without William’s hand at the tiller I expect they will return to their previous state.

I’m not convinced their hardcore WWII base is going to wholesale bite off on the “Forgotten War”. 

In Russian, “Hey comrades, I have a idea.  Lets take a successful WWII franchise and dust bin that move all our eggs to the Korea basket.  Let’s bet everything on the Forgotten War, that has proven the least interest to most people historically.  Hence the name.”
“Da...  Da.  Da, da.”

« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 01:18:10 PM by CptTrips »