Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 54628 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #1830 on: June 12, 2024, 08:54:49 AM »
I've said the same about interest in WWII diminishing with time. Of course there will long be some interest but how many first person shooters have you seen based on the American Revolution or the more recent US Civil War?

No doubt WWII is becoming a niche. 

But a smaller market is not the same things as no market. 

DCS shows in their surveys that WWII has less of an audience, but there is still a market.  Big enough for a couple of small companies to remain viable on with the right implementation.  IL2 GB showed that possibility.  IL2 was foundering until Williams took over and turned it around to profitability.  Still WWII though.  The difference was better management.

There is plenty of WWII market to keep HTC viable and enough to fund a development team.  At least there should be.  Williams would not be finding VC money and starting over with a new company going back to WWII if there wasn't still juice to squeeze out of that fruit.

In Battlefield, people were drooling over the idea of BF5 going back to WWII.  There was no problem at all with the WWII genre.  It was their approach that killed it by going woke with girl robot soldiers and stupid crap.  The market had no problem with WWII.  They wanted it bad.

I reject the idea that the WWII genre is the source of HTC's problem. 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1831 on: June 12, 2024, 09:44:53 AM »
I liked it when it was $29.95 a month as it took out the children...

It's not a numbers game for me , usually around 100 when I am on..but an issue with the map size diluting the possible action with the reduced numbers..

Eagler

You can pay for my sub if you want to pay 30$ a month, why wouldn't you? Another 50 cents a day is chump change.

If you can't afford to pay for my sub then you must have serious money issue. Do you see the error in this logic?

Its not the 15$ a month its what that 15$ a month says. And this "its only 50 cents a day" is only true if you play everyday, what if I only play 10 hours a month that means the game costs me 1.50$ an hour but that's nothing money means nothing right? which is why you should pay for my subscription Mr money bags :D

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1832 on: June 12, 2024, 10:31:02 AM »
You can pay for my sub if you want to pay 30$ a month, why wouldn't you? Another 50 cents a day is chump change.

If you can't afford to pay for my sub then you must have serious money issue. Do you see the error in this logic?

Its not the 15$ a month its what that 15$ a month says. And this "its only 50 cents a day" is only true if you play everyday, what if I only play 10 hours a month that means the game costs me 1.50$ an hour but that's nothing money means nothing right? which is why you should pay for my subscription Mr money bags :D

They start to sound like Sally Struthers.  :evil:

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1833 on: June 12, 2024, 10:45:02 AM »
No doubt WWII is becoming a niche. 

But a smaller market is not the same things as no market. 

DCS shows in their surveys that WWII has less of an audience, but there is still a market.  Big enough for a couple of small companies to remain viable on with the right implementation.  IL2 GB showed that possibility.  IL2 was foundering until Williams took over and turned it around to profitability.  Still WWII though.  The difference was better management.

There is plenty of WWII market to keep HTC viable and enough to fund a development team.  At least there should be.  Williams would not be finding VC money and starting over with a new company going back to WWII if there wasn't still juice to squeeze out of that fruit.

In Battlefield, people were drooling over the idea of BF5 going back to WWII.  There was no problem at all with the WWII genre.  It was their approach that killed it by going woke with girl robot soldiers and stupid crap.  The market had no problem with WWII.  They wanted it bad.

I reject the idea that the WWII genre is the source of HTC's problem.

I think IL-2 is back to foundering (just my opinion).  The last Developer Diary I could find on their forum site was more than a year old.   Still don't know much about the new game engine - its capabilities, differences from current engine, or even the time frame and setting of the supposed new game.   Korean War is suspected, but they don't support carriers so it makes the F9F Panther problematic.  I think the IAR 80 and the Ta152 were or are the latest releases, along with a flyable troop glider.   Before that I think they added their 13th or 14th 109G variant, a high altitude version.  IL-2 is a beautiful, immersive game, esp on Combat Box server, but the lack of development towards flyable Allied bombers makes me conclude they are not heading in the same direction as my interests lie.

Crazy, because it seemed to me they were closer than anyone to putting it all together the way I'd like to see a WWII combat sim produced - moderate engine management requirements, stunning graphics, adequate damage model, gorgeous terrain, etc.  But after Jason's departure it just seemed to go off the rails.   IAR.80, Ta152 and a WACO troop glider.  Over a flyable B-25?    Really?   Their C-47 is a two-seat twin engine aircraft and is spectacular, so I know they could've done it. I think the Russian version even has a gun turret?

They should have spent the time on a flyable B-25 and B-26, and integrating necessary addon programs like SRS Radio, Open Kneeboard and VRNeckSafer.  Would've cemented their lead as the late WWII ETO tactical ground/air war sim.   This kind of mismanagement does leave more room for AH to continue though, so that's a bright spot.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 10:51:23 AM by oboe »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #1834 on: June 12, 2024, 11:20:00 AM »
I've said the same about interest in WWII diminishing with time. Of course there will long be some interest but how many first person shooters have you seen based on the American Revolution or the more recent US Civil War?
I think it's impossible to gauge, but how much of that interest is in the FPS genre rather than the time period the game is set in? FPS is already a huge genre, I'd hazard a guess that many FPS players are always looking for variety.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1835 on: June 12, 2024, 11:37:44 AM »
Tryhard

If you are in financial hard times need help to pay your $15 for a month, pm me..glad to help

Not going to adopt you though lol

Back when AH cost $30 a month we weren't as financially stable but made the decision it was worth the bang for the buck and budgeted for it...there's a word you don't hear these days...budget

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1836 on: June 12, 2024, 11:49:07 AM »

Back when AH cost $30 a month we weren't as financially stable but made the decision it was worth the bang for the buck and budgeted for it...there's a word you don't hear these days...budget

I guess the guys buying DCS high fidelity aircraft can say the same thing.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1837 on: June 12, 2024, 11:54:24 AM »
Bottom line, my opinion, your opinion, matters not to those who refuse to subscribe.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1838 on: June 12, 2024, 04:26:34 PM »
If Einstein is right computer simulations of WW4 will be simple, sticks and stones.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1839 on: June 12, 2024, 04:42:38 PM »
It's good to see the Mig-21 flown by an RI without AI physics denying super powers.

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1840 on: June 12, 2024, 04:53:55 PM »
Tryhard

If you are in financial hard times need help to pay your $15 for a month, pm me..glad to help

Not going to adopt you though lol

:cheers:

Eagler
I'm not asking for money I'm just pointing out how flawed that logic is.

I have no issue spending 2,000$ on a game that is worth it and has active development (this is roughly how much money I've funneled into aces high by my calculations). And up until that last 2 to 3 years id say it was more than worth it.
What I'm implying is that a game that is left on life support with a limited player base isn't worth it to a lot of folks considering there is other games to fill this very niche market for a cheaper price, with better graphics and a much larger player base. It's still worth it to me but I've tried getting 3 friends to join the game and they all enjoyed it for the first 2 weeks but couldn't be bothered to pay for it mostly do to the fact the game has lots its fun/price ratio over the years with the dwindling player numbers.

Somethings got to change if Hitech wants to turn this boat around, and I sure hope he finds a way to do that because as far as I'm concerned this is still the best combined arms MMO WW2 Flight simulator on the market. There is certain things about Aces High that no other game can compare to but you have to get people to play the game for more than 30 minutes and fight with setting up controls, setting up radio channels and simply getting the plane off the ground if you want said players to appreciate what we have here that no other sim has.  :salute

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1841 on: June 13, 2024, 08:26:11 AM »
Problem with this thread ?
It’s drowned in passive aggressive bias to one sim on top. I’ve seen some seriously creative sales wording.

Rigged surveys to discount everything dcs doesn’t do and weight it to what they do. Its like two used car lots across the street from each other, and we’re suppose to take the word of one on how bad yhe selection of cars is out dated compared to their own.  Show me a survey not connected to any one sim snd I mat read it. Coke is older than Pepsi therefore Pepsi says Coke is out dated and no one wants it anymore. <swallows drink of Pepsi>

Also passive wording is designed to be passive so they don’t get kicked out of here based on sales over convo.

We have members of one sim telling us how the rest of competing sims aren’t as good as theirs. Theirs with all its financial woes, whose future is as debatable as AH. Telling us their way is the way of all.

Of course dcs is going to say WWII interest is dying, that statement benefits themselves, who ate in financial distress and they don’t do WWII or MP well. They need us to think what we like is what we don’t like to shovel life saving money to them.

You cannot trust the word of a competing anything.

I've seen 100s of marketing seminars and conventions that I can spot this effort 10 miles away. Many of which appear in this thread. Power of suggestion is not the truth, its their truth.

Why don’t I just ask someone who just bought a new Ford pickup how good a Dodge pickup is? I don’t because its stupid.

This thread contains every sleazy used car sales pitches. “its good for what is designed for, (which no one likes anymore)”. Dcs is good for what its designed for, its not designed for what drew us into MP game play or WWII.

Of course they are going to mention SOME selective good things about AH, its patronizing the game that owns the bbs they are selling on, not get kicked off. But they do not speak for us, in their wording dcs will always come off on top in the end of a statement. Shocking I know.

If they cared about AH this would not be here. Caring about AH is BS.
Did ya notice how weird they got when I posted AH content in their thread? They avoided the action part like the black plague and focused on my wording of no AI. You won’t see that type of action in dcs and they know it and showed it in avoidance. Sorry, this is an AH bbs. Passive aggressive Bullsht, that exposed its ugly lil head when I posted a vid.

Post my vid on a forums that bashes sims? About as smart marketing as HT doing an interview with nothing good to announce. Jump off the cliff, there MAY be water down there.

Did ya notice when someone asked about other sims in General how fast they pummeled it with dcs? Its not about talk its about sales. They couldn’t resist. They were on that thread within 5 minutes, they rushed to it with the scent of desperation.

Ya have 4 main people doing their best to hold the thread together after losing their audience 80 pages ago. Trying to stay relevant. They over-sold it to the wrong crowd. Now people are fed up with consuming O'Club and voicing.

Nick Gray of dcs painted himself into a financial corner. He’s out of investors, can’t afford production without purchases or pre-pays, means not much banked, killed a subcontractor because of payment issues, made up a reason to do it. And after the AC already in production comes put, I’m looking at if new ones will be started. They need fools like you to buy and pre-pay to save them from demise. They are not in good financial health. AH is holding its own.

But Hey, if ya think $15 is too high but will dump $2k into another sim, money is not the problem. Affording to fly multiple sims is. If one can't afford .50 cents per day, owning and playing games is the last thing they should be doing. Food and shoes should top the list.

How about, you do you and I'll do me, and stop banging on my door every day with a bible to convince me your way is the best way.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 09:13:37 AM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1842 on: June 13, 2024, 08:42:37 AM »

Passive aggressive Bullsht, that exposed its ugly lil head when I posted a vid.

How's your video doing Animl? My silly 1 minute DCS video is pushing 15,000 views.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1843 on: June 13, 2024, 09:15:35 AM »
How's your video doing Animl? My silly 1 minute DCS video is pushing 15,000 views.

You mean this video?

I love your passive aggressive insults. We spoke on this subject, evidently you did not retain it,... OR just needed to counter a post.

I struck a nerve didn't I? I nailed something didn't I?

Deflection taste better with sugar.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 09:17:41 AM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1844 on: June 13, 2024, 09:23:43 AM »

That's some of the best footage I've seen of AI piloted bombers.

Well, 2/3 are AI piloted.

:rofl